• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Why?
« on: August 14, 2011, 12:01:39 am »
Why are the Random Insanity Board, General Development Section,TKC Clan,The Polling Station, World Teamkill Championship 2010 boards not viewable by "regular users" ?

Why is it TKC does not have a World Teamkill Championship this year?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 12:07:30 am by ZOldDude »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Showy

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
Re: Why?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 01:48:05 am »
I miss the Random Insanity Board.  :icon_sad2

thumper

• "Astro-Noob"
  • Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 04:50:42 am »
I was told gen dev was for people who contributed/knew some coding but not for any games that have a specific section in development (ie. not active enough). Like my M&B stuff.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 05:34:07 am »
Yes, as thumper says it isn't available to the public.

Other than that there will be a reduction in the amount of sections in the near future.

There isn't enough staff to organize the championship this year.

Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

thumper

• "Astro-Noob"
  • Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 05:45:36 am »
If you ever do decide to make gendev public, please delete my source code or move it somewhere else. :) Would prefer them (the game devs) not to fix it.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 05:50:03 am »
I miss the Random Insanity Board.  :icon_sad2

I posted a few things you can't see,yet,that I know you personally would like and,in fact,posted some of them with you in mind.

Yes, as thumper says it isn't available to the public.

Yes at this time,but unless old age is messing with my memory ( I am 8 years older than when I first came to TKC) the General Development section was viewable if you had a forum account and was logged in...and now it is not.
A few sections got messed up during the long and protracted maintenance of 3 weeks or so the forum just completed.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 05:52:44 am »
If you ever do decide to make gendev public, please delete my source code or move it somewhere else. :) Would prefer them (the game devs) not to fix it.

All of your post thus far are in Public sections.

We don't have a Dev Section for the game you post trainers for.

thumper

• "Astro-Noob"
  • Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 07:17:54 am »

All of your post thus far are in Public sections.

We don't have a Dev Section for the game you post trainers for.

The General Dev section (I was told) was private. Try making a new account to see if you can see it. I didn't see it until after M.O. granted me access there. And if it's public, I can't believe there would be only 22 views on the thread I posted my source code when there are ~600+ downloads of it (not counting the older versions, hehe).

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 08:39:18 am »
The general dev section has always been private and will remain so. It's automatically available to members of game specific dev groups or to people who have asked for access and met the requirements.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 09:45:58 am »
The general dev section has always been private and will remain so. It's automatically available to members of game specific dev groups or to people who have asked for access and met the requirements.

Oh.

It seems I might have known this at some point and forgotten...but for some reason it keeps sticking in my mind that section was marked public/registered user as after all it was "General" and not game specific.

Age?
I go this fall to a Social Security hearing for my disability from  back in 2002...so who knows?

What about the other sections I brought up that clearly have been open until the forums reboot (i would suppose that is when this happened) ?

Is it a software glitch, a missed pushed button or is it the new rule about them (sections) needing a Moderator beyond what us Administrators do for for each section?

I don't really see any need for a Moderator for the "TKC Clan,The Polling Station, World Teamkill Championship 2010" sections and I thought Raven Heckler as well as Mr. Medic both are Mods in the Random Insanity section.

Besides the extended offline time we experienced,all the search engine spiders and crawlers are missing sections which point to TKC which are now no longer viewable other than to Staff.
I can remember only a few short years ago that the YAHOO search engine had our site listed at/near the top of the first search page.
Yes the whole World follows TKC...it would be nice in my mind if they still could 100%.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 09:55:13 am by ZOldDude »

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 10:07:08 am »

Oh.

It seems I might have known this at some point and forgotten...but for some reason it keeps sticking in my mind that section was marked public/registered user as after all it was "General" and not game specific.

Age?
I go this fall to a Social Security hearing for my disability from  back in 2002...so who knows?

What about the other sections I brought up that clearly have been open until the forums reboot (i would suppose that is when this happened) ?

Is it a software glitch, a missed pushed button or is it the new rule about them (sections) needing a Moderator beyond what us Administrators do for for each section?

I don't really see any need for a Moderator for the "TKC Clan,The Polling Station, World Teamkill Championship 2010" sections and I thought Raven Heckler as well as Mr. Medic both are Mods in the Random Insanity section.

Besides the extended offline time we experienced,all the search engine spiders and crawlers are missing sections which point to TKC which are now no longer viewable other than to Staff.
I can remember only a few short years ago that the YAHOO search engine had our site listed at/near the top of the first search page.
Yes the whole World follows TKC...it would be nice in my mind if they still could 100%.

OK I just looked into the General Dev section...saw I made the oldest posts over 6 years ago but most importantly everything in it should be moved to the General Programing page.

We do have a open section for the game Thumper adds public trainers for and other than him not wanting source code posted to the world the rest seems beneficial to everyone and/or old/outdated news.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 11:03:28 am »
The general dev is private, but the general programming section is public.

The random insanity section needs a lot of moderation (outside what admins do) before it can be reopened. The polling station should ideally be merged with the off topic, or added as a sub section to it. We still need additional mod volunteers.

TKC Clan/TKC Caf? is not used that much, which is why it's disabled. It will be removed soon.

Jake

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 06:50:19 am »
Yeah im having the sdame issue