Author Topic: change weapon in MP  (Read 1573 times)

Blizzard

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
change weapon in MP
« on: June 19, 2004, 12:01:00 am »
Hi all, i've just tried to modify the equipment of US soldier in the memory, before i select it on the class select menu, but i've a lot of result and i don't know which modify in memory. Anyway whichever i try to open, when i open it in memory to modify it, i've an HEX screen, and i can see in right words only this "g\equipment\us\eqp\cup_crocker\soldier\eop_e_shovel01.eqp", that is the file of equipment of the level i'm using in the game.
So in poor words i don't know what to modify, is there any eqp editor? Anyway i'm sure there is another way to do this, cause i've seen it on the videos in download section ^^, so.....Some help please?

[TKC]thejoker

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
change weapon in MP
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 12:07:22 am »
*content deleted*

Blizzard

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
change weapon in MP
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 12:26:19 am »
but....isn't better if i search for this value once i'm into the server? If i search just before, how can i find the right value to modify?
Anyway something like replace the knife or pistol with another weapon, like having an M16 and to the place of knife a Remington, it's possible that?

[TKC]thejoker

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
change weapon in MP
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2004, 12:28:59 am »
*content deleted*

[TKC] ~<{LTC}>~

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
change weapon in MP
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2004, 12:53:17 am »
wasent this information supposed to be in the dev room :?
southpark:
global warming is going to strike two days before the day after tomorrow

Blizzard

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
change weapon in MP
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 01:19:26 am »
unfortunately i've not the acces to the dev room, i hope that one day i'll have it, what should i do to partecipate with you in that section?
Anyway joker i've edited the right memory value i think, i've replaced some weapon like US-M3 and Thompson with an M16, it shoots, but shoots as an US-M3 or Thompson, although the texture of weapon is of M16. So have i edited the right value? I've tried with the one above the others in the list..

[TKC] ~<{LTC}>~

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
change weapon in MP
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2004, 01:27:49 am »
well i when i wrote how to change those things in the dev room i wasent quite finished. there is a way to make those things shoot.
but i am glad i was the first one to discover how it works
southpark:

[TKC]thejoker

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
change weapon in MP
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2004, 01:36:29 am »
*content deleted*

Blizzard

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
change weapon in MP
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2004, 01:56:43 am »
anyway i think that i can understand and lear more if i've access in theese section :(, what should i do to enter in that section?

[TKC]thejoker

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
change weapon in MP
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2004, 02:27:43 am »
ask mullah to add you :P

[TKC] ~<{LTC}>~

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
change weapon in MP
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2004, 03:02:11 am »
Quote from: [TKC]thejoker
well i dont know so share the wealth man :lol: ypu need to copy the VvH_"weapon" and around 4 or 5 adresses under it and if this is only allowed for devs sorry i didnt know so delete it all if it is

we have a dev room for all these things, and i hope ptrodon doesent find read this and makes a new HB  you'd better delete it :wink:
southpark:

Blizzard

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
change weapon in MP
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2004, 01:44:05 pm »
THank Guys ;), i'm going to ask to enter in that section, i want to lear more and more and more, i'm also learning some ASM basics ^^

Propagandazwerg

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
change weapon in MP
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2004, 01:58:24 pm »
me too
but learning ASM isn't easy.

jazznas

• Old Guard
  • Heckler
    • View Profile
change weapon in MP
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2004, 02:41:01 pm »
to joker:

rule nr.1 everything in the dev room is meant to STAY THERE, is it that hard to understand?

to blizzard: the dev room is not for learing how to make trainers, the dev room is for people wich acctually know hot to do them, one step after another show what you can or be a trustworty member and youll get acces
check the trainermaking section to learn everything :)
to ltc:
you forgot to delete the quote ;)

Blizzard

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
change weapon in MP
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2004, 03:03:34 pm »
I don't wont to learning "How to make trainers", i want to learn ASM, to learn how to interact with Dlls, how to program well, and with theese learning i would like to help u in game hacking and help myself seeing otherselves project and try to help them.
I am already following with pleasure the Trainermaking Section, and learning from tutorials, but the pratice is more hard to do, and i think that the access to the devroom can help me to understand better certain things :)