Author Topic: i7 kicked in the balls  (Read 487 times)

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
i7 kicked in the balls
« on: March 03, 2011, 08:56:46 pm »
AMD Fusion kicking Intel in the balls:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdPi4GPEI74

I read a few  weeks ago Apple will be using these AMD units in thier laptops.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 12:10:51 am by ZOldDude »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Re: notebook testing
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 09:51:46 am »
The company had an explanation for demonstrating its mobile part, rather than the desktop version we'd all probably rather see in action. Similar to the Brazos platform, it intends to launch the new APUs in the mobile space first. As a quick reminder, Llano will be AMD's mainstream APU, combining two to four Phenom-style x86-64 cores and a GPU on one die.

The demo system was running an as yet-unnamed quad-core Llano part with a 1.8 GHz clock, 4 GB of DDR3-1333 memory, Crucial’s C300 SSD, and Windows 7. For comparison, AMD picked an off-the-shelf notebook with identical specs, but built around Intel’s Core i7-2630QM at 2.0 GHz (plus Turbo Boost, obviously). Both systems relied on their respective integrated graphics solutions. AMD's argument there was that Intel is selling its HD Graphics 3000 solution as a mid-range part that can also handle gaming.
200Mhz slower and kicking Intel i7 Sandy Bridges's ass!
Stronger/faster/less power consuption and cheaper as well.

Full 2 page story from CeBIT 2011 here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-llano-demo-cebit-2011-sandy-bridge,2883.html

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*