Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 1238 times)

Coronel_Niel

• Insane Joker
  • Why can't I pick my own profile picture...
    • View Profile
Minecraft
« on: January 08, 2011, 03:19:08 am »
An interesting game to hack, I did some stuff with it. Inventory duping, white-list bypassing. Not much you can do, some stuff with Java and hacking your client but that will be detected by the server. The interesting thing is in the inventory packets and getting past the white-lists.

It's nothing special and rather simple if you look at the packets for white-listing. Inventory is the gold mine. Once they get a good economy going the inventory hackers will come out on top.

Also you can do auto-miners and bots rather easily, I was rather happy with pressing a button and it holding down the left mouse button for mining, you just move the mouse.
"Now we are going to watch my boys do it" - Joopig

joopig

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • A Place Of Dreams
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 06:23:56 am »
How did you edit the inventory, From what I can tell its server side now  :icon_o_o. Got past the white listing pretty easily though.

Coronel_Niel

• Insane Joker
  • Why can't I pick my own profile picture...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 07:36:14 pm »
Inventory duping, not editing.

I think its done rather cleverly, where you send that your mining a block, the server tells you when its destroyed, then tells you that there is a block on the floor. You send that you move to the server, and when the server says your next to the block it removes the block from the floor and add its to your server sided inventory. So no game there.

Want my advice? Setup an auto-miner using autohotkey. It would be easy enough to make a loop go on and off when you press your middle mouse button, make it repeatedly mine and move up / down each time you have finished a block (Set wait time, find the block mine-time from the minecraft forums/wiki)

I currently just have it repeating sending that I have my left mouse button down, but put time into and time the script right and you could have a working auto miner.
"Now we are going to watch my boys do it" - Joopig

[TKC]Symantic

• The Indifferent Character
  • The Central Committee
  • Heckler
  • I can has personal text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 08:02:03 pm »
Inventory duping, not editing.

I think its done rather cleverly, where you send that your mining a block, the server tells you when its destroyed, then tells you that there is a block on the floor. You send that you move to the server, and when the server says your next to the block it removes the block from the floor and add its to your server sided inventory. So no game there.

Want my advice? Setup an auto-miner using autohotkey. It would be easy enough to make a loop go on and off when you press your middle mouse button, make it repeatedly mine and move up / down each time you have finished a block (Set wait time, find the block mine-time from the minecraft forums/wiki)

I currently just have it repeating sending that I have my left mouse button down, but put time into and time the script right and you could have a working auto miner.
When i used to do automated things on runescape i used to do it all by sending packets. you can even collect packets for moving to a certain location which makes it even simpler for depositing your ore. the method still works also. If you have a runescape account in the mining guild you can collect all that coal and then automatically deposit it. you can even tell it to drop just the coal and keep you inventory full for the higher level rocks in there. Been a long time since i played it though.
Enjoy your creative game-play, whatever that may include.