Author Topic: How many hax?  (Read 4383 times)

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
Re: How many hax?
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2011, 01:37:07 am »
Well it's kind of impossible.. they would have to rewrite it and make it totally better. Let me organize it in tiers on how it's already been infiltrated, and even the topmost tier is still working.

PBOS: PBOs can mess up the game all sorts of ways, and its easy to make a name/distance esp, invisible to ai, godmode, spawn objects, do anything with this.

Tier 3- Packets - Semi-Detected/still Bypassable
People have been using WPE and packeteditors to bypass PBO Sig checks for years. Until recently, it was publicly unknown and a good method to use, and there are at 1 way which I was using in the past, not posted here, which still works half and half to bypass with packets.

Tier 2- CRC signing - Semi-Detected/still Bypassable
The simple copy and paste of the last 20bytes from a signed pbo to a user hacked PBO. Recently caused to be detected by Darky's release. However, as has been mentioned and shown, it is still useable and is still the main bypass method used by most or all PBO hackers.

Tier 1- WINAPI level patching
This is something I've worked on a bit ever since that lobby thing which is still bypassable by Tier3 and Tier2. You can set it to force-enable the lobby once you're in the lobby by using a debugger and patching it to take certain JMPs or changing the EAX registers.. also working on a much cleaner way to bypass the 'Need a bi.sign for addon' kick which comes up when you have no bi.sign, but it is possible at least, with about 5 patches and some debug work. So with a debugger, if you really needed to join a random server with a disabled lobby, you could do it without even a bi.sign and enable the lobby.

Tier 0- C++ engine hacks
Usually for game hackers it's Tier 3 (WINAPI/usermode, highly detected but bypassable), Tier0 (kernal mode, undetected, ASM), but for Arma2 the last Tier is Tier3 because of the bad anti-cheats. Godmode/ESP is possible with this.

So to answer your question or plea, or whatever it is, your attempts at using scripting language to detect the scripts within PBOS is only really the same as a 'game addon' and would never go below Tier 2.

That's a nice write up!

The Illusive Man

Coronel_Niel

• Insane Joker
  • Why can't I pick my own profile picture...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2011, 01:53:44 am »
Using packets and client side things you can detect Teir 1 due to changed op-codes. Teir 0 is a lot harder to detect as you can pritty much do whatever you like.
"Now we are going to watch my boys do it" - Joopig

Pride

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2011, 04:21:30 am »
If you're doing it right you can reset all your patches after you join the lobby, as thats the only place it checks your addons, afaik.

And if i remember correctly, dolittle's ac ran when onuserconnect was triggered. Does that run on lobby or after.... (In either case you could hex it out like they are removing serverCommand on their clients)

XJ

• Online Villain
  • Find what you love and let it kill you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2011, 04:45:55 am »
IIRC, Doolittle's "AC" could be bypassed by just moving the CfgPatches into a separate file in the dta folder and including that file in the original cfg. So no, I don't think that Medic is right, looking at the current state of the ArmA multiplayer community and the measures they are taking, with every popular server getting attacked much more often than just on a daily base, anti-cheaters should be worried.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2011, 06:38:23 am »
i know 4 people with a working hack and obviously those 4 have shared with lackkys they know to test , but that meens only a max of 4 x 2 .. so out of all the players that play far from a third can hack.

so i think im right m8 , they dont need to be concerned about hacks , and what i seen tonight the bypass methods they use are being kept secret ...even the 'big hackers' can be easily owned.

be banned is safe for the moment although the info is out there ...
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

XJ

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2011, 04:19:46 pm »
Well, the thing is that even the most basic hacks, combined with one of the bypassing methods can already wreak havoc. Right now somebody completely new to ArmA hacking can invest 10 minutes of reading and downloading and then be able to ban people and shut down servers. That's the way i meant it. :P

i mss old ofp

• Insane Joker
  • i love the fact that you hate me.
    • View Profile
    • TKC
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2011, 04:37:04 pm »
hack"s that shut servers down sux, tkc as far as  know does not take any part in that.,
and as far as i know arma2 or oa is not overwhelmed with hackers , Ive been playing for a while and i have not been hacked yet,
i feel like you guys are saying that for every 10 players 3 are hacking , i realy daught this, maybe theres 1 hacker for every 500 players,
sounds more realistic.
692063616E206C6F616420612070626F6F6E2074686520666C79206C6D616F00

the joke is you!!!!

XJ

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2011, 04:46:12 pm »
hack"s that shut servers down sux, tkc as far as  know does not take any part in that.,
and as far as i know arma2 or oa is not overwhelmed with hackers , Ive been playing for a while and i have not been hacked yet,
i feel like you guys are saying that for every 10 players 3 are hacking , i realy daught this, maybe theres 1 hacker for every 500 players,
sounds more realistic.

Well, TKC does not take part in it, but everybody knows what it is, how it works and I believe it's even hosted by TKC.

i mss old ofp

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • TKC
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2011, 04:53:08 pm »
tkc dosnt suport such hacks, any . they might look the same but all super powers were striped from public hacks.
and why is bothering you so much XJ there are so many servers with no hackers , the secret is go to server with no BE
there the safe ones :icon_laugh lmao , but its true

the joke is you!!!!

XJ

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2011, 06:44:41 pm »
It doesn't bother me, I couldn't care less about how many hackers there are on ArmA2/OA, just felt like discussing. :D

i mss old ofp

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • TKC
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2011, 11:02:45 pm »
OK , ... well ill tell you why i started hacking :icon_shifty i wanted esp but no one has been able to do it yet , so in my search for esp i hooked up with a partner of destruction, why distruction? well cause all the hacking i gave on esp and we decided to build the most powerful hack ever (thanks to darky).
so as young hackers were destroying arma2/oa, i or we got sick of it and dominate the hacking world , and no matter what anyone says after this post , there is none yet to show or prove they have or can do better(unless its absolute privet) . and i just dint see it in game.

the joke is you!!!!

Coronel_Niel

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2011, 11:19:18 pm »
Most powerful hack ever is pushing it. A lot.
There's always a bigger fish :P

Gerk

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2011, 11:28:30 pm »
There's always a bigger fish :P
lol not in this sea  :icon_laugh
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 11:39:47 pm by Gerk »

i mss old ofp

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • TKC
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2011, 11:32:23 pm »
pushing it. are you kiding me , id have to quit playing . :icon_cry2

the joke is you!!!!

Coronel_Niel

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2011, 11:53:33 pm »
I'm sure theres a few private hackers out there. No one on this website has even seen my private hack and it would rival yours for life features (That is my area of expertise)
Darky is a good reason why I don't release anything. His hack was patched rather quickly and that screwed up a lot of other people's stuff.