Author Topic: Retail Extraction  (Read 19301 times)

? ? ? ]V[ ? N ?

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Retail Extraction
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2004, 05:55:43 am »
What's real fun is Importing the old Stream map into Vietcong and playing it. I think you should release the Extracted maps for people to play on the FA demo. You know.
Extract FA and figure out a way to put the maps in the demo...there you would make pterodon lose money.
?  ? ? ]V[ ? И  ?

jazznas

• Old Guard
  • Heckler
    • View Profile
Retail Extraction
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2004, 02:23:56 pm »
nice try to make us host warez

better luck next time :roll:

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Retail Extraction
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2004, 10:42:52 am »
Quote from: ? ? ? ]V[ ? N ?
What's real fun is Importing the old Stream map into Vietcong and playing it. I think you should release the Extracted maps for people to play on the FA demo. You know.
Extract FA and figure out a way to put the maps in the demo...there you would make pterodon lose money.

You host them Eric.
Next time Gathering contactcts your host they will not just shut you down but the FBI will visit you.

Oh ...I was the person that snitched you out so if you have a beef take it up with me and no one else.

Jerk-wad. :twisted:

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

kaskad

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Retail Extraction
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2004, 06:08:44 am »
What setup.cbf do I have to open in the Hex? the one on the CD ? or the one in the Vietcong folder (installed game) ? I already looked in all of them, and didn't see any %s%02d  nor disk....cbf.....
and what is this "Downloadable setup.exe file available" ? where can I get it ?

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
Retail Extraction
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2004, 12:20:17 pm »
It's the setup.bin but it doesn't matter. Download the fixed file, in the downloadssection.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

Medic

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Retail Extraction
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2004, 02:51:15 pm »
ZOldDude hinted this
".....can re-pac .cbf also."
but  I can't seem to find documentation on it. Is there a re-pac tutorial around, or did I misunderstand?
Thanks

Mullah Omar
repack the cbf file via the map editor later on.

DOH! if thats it I got it. my bad.
Thanks

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Retail Extraction
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2004, 09:25:22 pm »
Also look at the method used to turn the games install program into an extractor.....along with how the map editor saves as .cbf and you should be able to make your own stand alone compressor.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Medic

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Retail Extraction
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2004, 09:57:49 pm »
I will look into this and see what I can make work.   :D  Thanks Z

Is'nt there a document on re-pacing somewere?

Someone should just make a VB front end for these tasks, unless thats wrong or not capable of doing it.
Hmm I'll look into that too, but I just got my C book last week and teaching myself right now.

Medic

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Retail Extraction
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2004, 12:45:28 am »
So how do you do an export a bes file?
From inside the game pulling a piece out and editing it then import it back into the game?
like a room section of a map.
From a bes file to a 3dmax file?

[LaG]M0dding
it is possible to open .bes files in 3d max, i did it once... i openened the tower from halong in 3d max.. but i dont think its a good idea to bring this info out, how to do it, i know some people will, but i wont, i wont use the trick either, i aint gonna edit the house from halong or whatever, its useless, people will just mess up pterodons good work, but i just was curious about the possibilitys with some plug inns and stuff...
and also, to view how pterodons creates some things u know

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
Retail Extraction
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2004, 02:50:54 am »
There is no tool to edit already packed .bes files. But it should be easy to do one.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

[TKC] Aphex

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
Retail Extraction
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2004, 07:50:13 pm »
Just asking where can i get some info for covering up the extracted game. Ie; so i can play the game while it is extracted if i was wanting to change the colors of the skins textures etc.

[TKC] Aphex

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
Retail Extraction
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2004, 07:59:59 pm »
Quote from: Mullah Omar
There is no tool to edit already packed .bes files. But it should be easy to do one.

If this can be done, i will be humping that persons leg for a lifetime. Ever since i started modding / mapping i have been after soemthing that will convert, view .bes files in a 3d viewport.. or even better a plugin for 3dsmax that will allow you to import them.
Its the biggest ask i have ever said and i have been saying it for a very long time now.
Im not too sure about jimmy ( [LAG] Modding ) saying about getting the Halong tower into 3dsm.. he has never mentioned anything at all like that to me so i dont believe that is entirely true.

But as i said, even if its a viewport that can allow a user to load up a .bes file, and give them the ability to rotate it, move around it ( if its a level ) and to zoom in and out. Its a big ask i know but i mean that first sentence i said ;)  :lol:

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Retail Extraction
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2004, 09:25:13 pm »
Have you TRIED just asking Janacek or Matyskiewicz?

[TKC] Aphex

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
Retail Extraction
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2004, 11:34:17 pm »
Yes indeed i have a few times. And even Luke ( PMT Leader ).. still nothing.

Jimmy

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jimmyschot.com
Retail Extraction
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2004, 02:34:02 am »
Im not too sure about jimmy ( [LaG] Modding ) saying about getting the Halong tower into 3dsm

yes i did it Aphex

I found out at a forum once, long time ago, i dont know how to be done though...

anyway, there is a Nvidia plugin around that lets you take screens, and open them up in 3d max, example: you can make a screen capture with that program of the halong tower, and get the model, but only what you see, so you wont be able to have the insides, etc.

There is another way though to open up bes in 3d max.

I believe the program is called XSI or something, they made HL2 with it.

There are plugins around, to open up .bes in XSI.
and converters from.XSI to .MAX.

The only problem with XSI is, that you need a dongle ( infrared device ) to connect with your pc, before it will work.

I have some contacts that have got that dongle, or whatever they call it, so i will ask him.

I will post in here if he will be able to open up .bes in 3d max.
If he can, I can ask him to create .max models of .bes files on your request.

Pterodon does not have a .bes converter to max i think, since they still have all there .max files of al there .bes files,.