Author Topic: How to change your Player-ID and GUID? Need help  (Read 1597 times)

Lant

• First Post
    • View Profile
How to change your Player-ID and GUID? Need help
« on: September 03, 2010, 08:07:53 pm »
Hoi, I need to change my Player ID and GUID. The GUID get created from the CD-Key, right? I do have a few "good" CD-Keys, so Im fine on that side.

However, how do you change the Player ID? I used the forum search, and only came up with dead links and a program that wont work with BE-enabled servers.

Thanks in advance.

Gerk

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Re: How to change your Player-ID and GUID? Need help
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 08:39:15 pm »
as far as i know if you change your key then your id will change too

Double Hack

• Klass Klown
  • Do a barrel roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 08:42:23 pm »
Doesnt matter what I said you have a few good keys good for you
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:48:00 pm by Double Hack »

Double H-a-c-k, the Original Spoof clown XD

deezinyamouf

• Insane Joker
  • Abedee-Abedee-Abedee-Abedee- A - FUCK YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 01:21:01 am »
To change your player ID, you have to figure out what's being sent to the server, and then change it to whatever you want it to be.

To do this, you'd have to use C++ and make a hook of your own, or you could do it the ghetto way, and change the value before it leaves your computer, ;-).
Some people say I'm crazy, and that PTSD has ruined my ability to interact, and properly communicate with others.

I tell those people to eat a dick.

;-)

i mss old ofp

• Insane Joker
  • i love the fact that you hate me.
    • View Profile
    • TKC
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 01:43:02 am »
  use belland to change your id and say bye bye to your key
692063616E206C6F616420612070626F6F6E2074686520666C79206C6D616F00

the joke is you!!!!

Gerk

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 01:47:45 am »
 use belland to change your id and say bye bye to your key and then in some time we ll be able to buy your key for half price on belland site  :icon_laugh

deezinyamouf

• Insane Joker
  • Abedee-Abedee-Abedee-Abedee- A - FUCK YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 02:24:58 am »
Oh don't go about spouting accusations...

We dont' know that he does that FOR SURE.
Some people say I'm crazy, and that PTSD has ruined my ability to interact, and properly communicate with others.

I tell those people to eat a dick.

;-)

bptuner

• Online Villain
  • █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 10:58:54 pm »
The packet containing the RSA key for bin.pbo contains a hash of made up of your key with another (seemingly) random "authentication" string.

E.g. 0de7ed97545febd23dd38e23d3600e355e4471e3594477f96c03aef8dfdd43d664e911c

The bold part of the hash is based on your key while the non-bold seems to be random each time. Changing the bold part to something that doesn't conform to the algorithm returns "Invalid key" and changing the non-bold returns "Invalid authentication".

When you finally get in the server, a packet is sent beginning with BE containing your GUID. Changing this results in "Client not responding" after about 30 seconds and if you join a server your already banned on, you stay banned. Probably because it also checks the above CD hash.

I guess if you got someone elses CD hash (the bold part), replaced your own with theirs in WPE while leaving the second half untouched so it correctly generates the "authentication" string AND THEN replace your GUID in the BE packet with the one attached to the spoofed CD hash, you could change your "hardcoded" identity. You would also need to send your "heartbeat" packet, as mrmedic calls it, so the server still thinks your BE client is still running correctly.

Just a thought.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 11:04:43 pm by bptuner »

Coronel_Niel

• Insane Joker
  • Why can't I pick my own profile picture...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 11:08:05 pm »
Just a little note that may help:

That is already in hex. If you put it into ASCII you may see a pattern. Or you may not.

One small think I noticed is that the bold part is generaly symbols while the secound part is generaly letters. Two different ends of the table.
"Now we are going to watch my boys do it" - Joopig

Pride

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 04:17:00 am »
Wait, isn't that the Gamespy cd-key auth?

It's pretty well documented on Luigi's site.

Coronel_Niel

• Insane Joker
  • Why can't I pick my own profile picture...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 12:53:40 pm »
Because it takes the key off your comp and sends it, don't you just have to modify the one on your comp?

I understand that the server sends a string to you, adds your key and IP to it, then sends it back. After that its sent to the master server.

But back to my first point:

Surly it would be easier to modify the key while its still on your PC?
"Now we are going to watch my boys do it" - Joopig

bouncer123

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 05:27:27 pm »
Surly it would be easier to modify the key while its still on your PC?
orly? captan obvious got you, lolz. what you say is the same as changing the key in registry - no hacking involved. problem is, where to get different valid key? .... :D

but thanks you guys, for documeting what i said long ago but allknowing Z couldnt admit. Pride, how dare u suggest gamespy sdk is involved in thsi process?!!!

read this fail post for reference:
So called "bad keys" are hard coded in the games EXE via a patch so use ANY key that is withen the "good" range.
GameSpy checks NOTHING for this game (they are not paid...they don't work for free).

There is another way to connect to a server if GameSpy is involved....and you don't even need a key at all for games that GS does check keys.
Clearly I am not passing that information around to anyone as it would end all games,but the exploit has been with GS from it's start.

all blah blah as usual.. i tried this lots of times and only result i ever get is that you can only use real (bought for money, you know) keys on multiplayer. so yea, here you have it Z.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 11:25:02 pm »
When testing DARKY's befor it was decide not to host it here...the keys the team used -online- were generated,not bought.  :icon_magician

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*