Author Topic: ARMA Godmode test  (Read 2458 times)

Jurugi

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
ARMA Godmode test
« on: April 28, 2010, 06:44:49 am »
I found dis video on youtube about getting godmode by editing a value in the config.bin(myArmorCoef,), but its compressed and I don't know anything about how the scripts or pbos/compression work. I was able to find out how to get godmode, but I haven't tested online other than while being the host, but maybe it will work there (it works when being the host).
This is the code I use though:
Code: [Select]
// nop 005BE2B6 - 0x48 dec eax or 0x90
// 00A4A148 = pointer of 029C2C48(value of armor), distance to value is +0x48(72)
static bool Init=false;
if(Godmode && Init==false)
{
/*
DWORD d, ds;
VirtualProtect((LPVOID)0x005BE2B6, 1, PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE, &d);
memset((LPVOID)0x005BE2B6, NOP, 1);
VirtualProtect((LPVOID)0x005BE2B6,1,d,&ds);
*/
DWORD Address = *(DWORD*)0x00A4A148;
Address+=0x48;
if(*(float*)Address>=3)
*(float*)Address = 99999;

Init=true;
}
else if(Godmode==false && Init==true)
{
/*
DWORD d, ds;
VirtualProtect((LPVOID)0x005BE2B6, 1, PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE, &d);
memset((LPVOID)0x005BE2B6, unNOP, 1);
VirtualProtect((LPVOID)0x005BE2B6,1,d,&ds);
*/
DWORD Address = *(DWORD*)0x00A4A148;
Address+=0x48;
if(*(float*)Address>=9999)
*(float*)Address = 3;
Init=false;
}

It works both ways, the second way is just a pointer and changing the value, first one is nop the line that makes the value go down.
 :icon_razz2

Kind of old game but have fun maybeh? ::: P

Pride

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Re: ARMA Godmode test
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 08:10:40 pm »
I'm thinking that the memory change method should be less detectable than nopping out the subtractor.

Although I think this is the same thing MrMedic did with ArmA 2, in the sticky.

I should note that increasing your armour value does not make you truly unkillable though. I think its mentioned somewhere that falls and vehicle explosions may still be lethal?

What I do is muck with the eventhandler and either tell it to stop registering damage (Planes ramming you will send you flying!), or multiply the damage by something ridiculous like 0.00001.

Jurugi

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
Re: ARMA Godmode test
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 06:21:44 pm »
Yea thx for the reply. In a vehicle it doesn't seem to work; falling from a not very high place seems to be more tolerant but still killable. But, it doesn't work unless hosting, on a low difficulty server (that actually uses armor), or on singleplayer. so.. kind of useless, except as an admin tool. right now i'm messing around with Arma2, once I do that its way easier to downgrade the method to Arma and OFP from there, but right now I'm pretty sure I just have to find a way to the bool of "player allowDamage". or one thing I could try to hook is the event handler and filter out "hit" and "damage" eventmessages, but that would be harder. i'll work on this testing more when i'm back from my roadtrip tommarrow.