Author Topic: ARMA 2 Change Key  (Read 8617 times)

RandomMaster

• Poptart
    • View Profile
ARMA 2 Change Key
« on: April 11, 2010, 02:43:25 pm »
Hey all

Is there any way to change my key? I've tried converting to hexadecimal but that doesn't work :(
Maybe there is a tool or something?

Thanks

Bellend

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Re: ARMA 2 Change Key
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 07:31:27 pm »
Don't you have the setup files?

RandomMaster

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 08:40:20 pm »
Nope. Got my copy off of Impulse. It's actually for my friend. I sent a copy to him as a gift. They seemed to send him a different registration key but the registry entry when installing the game seems to be exactly the same as mine.

RandomMaster

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 08:55:30 pm »
Please help if you can? :( I really am getting desperate. Been trying for most of today to even convert the key into the hex pairs to manually add them into the registry

Salam

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 11:50:51 pm »
You cancelled the OLD key from the Registry File btw delete all Bohemia Files from your registry....type Regedit on your command....

RandomMaster

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 09:29:07 am »
I did that. And actually redownloaded the game on my friend's pc using his account. And still nothing
:(

s0beit

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 08:00:15 pm »
If you are using steam its worth noting that in Call of Duty WaW i had the same issue, the key would never change even if i changed it in the registry.

I later found that steam was calling registry functions on every game boot, and every install, to restore my original key.

I ended up hooking a windows registry API function steam used to "spoof" my key, and allow me to change my key.

RandomMaster

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 10:38:10 am »
Sigh. We just redownloaded the game using his account. No luck. Still the same crap with him having my key it seems.

Pride

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 03:25:33 pm »
If only you had a keychanger-esque program...

You could always reverse how it is stored, but that would be a learning experience in itself.

Much easier to have install media.

Salam

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 08:36:12 pm »
you need a key changer hack or a serial nr hack?? cause the new BE detect now if you using a wrong key, i think it work checking your serial and if the id key is wrong you get kicked.  :icon_devil

Pride

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 09:59:37 am »
This guy needs a serial changer.

And as for "ID must match CD-Key", that's untrue. You can join with any damned ID number, as long as the key is valid. (Well, to be honest, you can get around the key being invalid too according to Z.)

RandomMaster

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 10:26:57 am »
Yeah.. just a key changer would help. Impulse isn't :( Still awaiting a reply for the support ticket

Salam

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 07:35:07 pm »
This guy needs a serial changer.

And as for "ID must match CD-Key", that's untrue. You can join with any damned ID number, as long as the key is valid. (Well, to be honest, you can get around the key being invalid too according to Z.)

yes but if you change your ID whit a ID Changer, you cant join anymore on server whit the newst BE! you get kicked whit a message: BATTLE EYE BANNED: (CHEATER, ID CHANGER, VERPI(( DICH )

YOU need a screnn of that to belief me?

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 01:31:41 am »
Just have BE say everything is "OK"...it has been posted in the forums.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Pride

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 07:00:44 pm »
Mmm.

You should find the scan routine somewhere around 100015E0 in the one thats marked version... 1798 internally.

Chop chop.

A bit of thinking and tinkering with the return values...