Author Topic: We Are So LUCKY!  (Read 1344 times)

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
We Are So LUCKY!
« on: April 09, 2010, 08:05:11 pm »
i was just flicking through a page or two on the web and came across a research project which is based on people
living in some parts of the amazon rain forest , i was amazed at how some people still live.

we are so lucky to have what we have and this high standard of living that we all take for granted.

EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

Jurugi

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
Re: We Are So LUCKY!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 01:03:14 am »
 I agree with you a bit.. without basic instinct and animal nature, along with some experience, the pampered little populace is going to go mad when they don't have their simple solutions. They won't know to boil water over a grill or even how to make a fire once their matches/lighters run out. And boiling water, as you know is just one little thing. The list can go on and on and every little thing that everyone is used to (microwaves, ovens, refrigerators) has been in normal use for generations now.

I'm one of the people who think that as we've progressed, the people in charge have reformed things to be simpler but forgotten old ways and why they were used.

[TKC]Symantic

• The Indifferent Character
  • The Central Committee
  • Heckler
  • I can has personal text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 04:27:48 am »
Agreed medic, tis one of the reasons im tempted to ditch it all and run to the mountains... you think im joking too.

Enjoy your creative game-play, whatever that may include.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 09:14:56 pm »
Agreed medic, tis one of the reasons im tempted to ditch it all and run to the mountains... you think im joking too.

I ran off to the wilderness.
I hunt with bare hands,eat raw fish,start a fire with my tongue....at night with the GF!

Seriously...I pay about $1,200 per year in tax's and insurance for the home and all the land and the old place back in Venice brings in $3K per month.

We use 130 gallons of Kerosene for heat per year and 180 gallons of propane for the oven and hot water.

With sat-tv and internet I don't miss L.A. at all.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11:04:10 pm by ZOldDude »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*