Author Topic: Fun with BI...  (Read 7059 times)

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Re: Fun with BI...
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2011, 10:27:47 am »
never played it but it looks like you did a good job , well done man thats what its all bout lol

im banned as well lol just checked and i havent poisted again so i have no idea why.
Let me explain the reason why for you and anyone else who cares to know...
BI Mod's and Admin are anal retentive and have their heads so far up their ass that it makes their eyes brown!

They act just like (the now defunct) Gathering Of Developers and Pterodon...both one time big name publishers who battled TKC,sent spys to create AC systems which TKC always bypassed, and are now out of business and just a memory to those of us old timers while TKC lives on and grows.

Management is what set the developers/publishers Gathering of Developers and Pterodon and all the failed anticheats up until today aside from TKC all these past years.
I am management here...and was not working for them.
What I have done with TKC I have done for free.
Years of Punkbuster/Vac/HB/DO/BE and countless other anticheat systems defeated with each and every update.
If I had been working for some other project my fee would have started at 4K USD per week with a 1 year contract and full controll over who I hired to work under me @ US scale pay.

Z

when i seen this post i went back and checked , im unbanned and no longer post moderated this shows they either are monitoring these forums or it's complete chaos over there.
The last time you logged in was back on the 8th.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2011, 12:48:40 am »
I wonder who they are talking about?
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=116486

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2011, 09:35:36 pm »
from what i have read of the ****************** forums, it doesn't matter what security you have on your server, hackers will still get through. In fact some hackers enjoy hacking security enabled servers and so will choose to cause havoc there in preference to servers with zero protection, just to rub it in that we can't touch them. Therefore due to performance loss and the fact that it won't really stop anyone anyway some server admins prefer to just leave battleeye and signature checks off.
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117374

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2011, 09:46:20 pm »
Hi,

I think I might suspect the answer to this question, but I am going to ask it anyway...

I am currently designing a couple of multiplayer missions and in the process I am trying to test them locally.

I have set up one of my PCs as a dedicated server and ideally would like to connect across the LAN with three or four other PCs. When I try and do this, all but one of the PCs gets kicked with key in use'.

If I do this another way, and set up a hosted LAN game, all the PCs can connect OK (with the multiple copies warning message). I need to make sure my missions will work on a dedicated server though - as this is where they will ultimately be played.

Obviously I only own one copy of the game, (OA+BAF+PMC) at the moment. I am only trying to test my missions - I am not hosting huge LAN parties or anything like that (no chance that 'her indoors' would allow that anyway!).

I have searched and searched and cannot find a definitive answer to wether you can use one copy of the game to run on several clients against a dedicated server locally for testing purposes. I suspect this is not allowed as my search turned up some very shady sites.

Lastly in my search I saw references to something called 'the FADE' - this sounds very nasty and I wouldn't like to meet it. What is this and would my playing around today with the dedi server have put me in its radar?

I am not fishing for replies suggesting nefarious practices I could employ by the way. If I have to buy more copies of the game then fair enough...
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117304

TKC has a STICKY which has a PATCH for the server....anyone can join even if they all use the same key.  :icon_laugh

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2011, 04:10:07 am »
Battleye Does not work

You just found this out?  :icon_rolleyes2

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=119161