Author Topic: Windows haters / open source lovers  (Read 565 times)

hoax-ravenheckler

• Master Heckler
  • Still the same old
    • View Profile
Windows haters / open source lovers
« on: November 14, 2009, 06:43:01 am »
Do you hate them aswell? I spend 2 hours talking to a guy who seemed to fuck up every single installation of windows. Now he is on linux and thats sooo great..

"Now I can not accidently change my system files" and there were less virusses for linux.. He just couldn't understand why that was..
Oh ye, he also told me that PSP graphics were amazing....

There's never time to do things right, but there's always time to do it over.

[TKC]Symantic

• The Indifferent Character
  • The Central Committee
  • Heckler
  • I can has personal text?
    • View Profile
Re: Windows haters / open source lovers
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 06:58:13 am »
Linux is an amazing tools.
ive been working on "virus battlez" since i posted it a while back, though i have fixed that one problem using unconventional techniques im working on expanding it to levels and methods that aren't commonly used.

such as, ways to fix windows partitions using a linux live CD. so far i haven't seen a linix live distro that suits me, thats why im working on collecting a ton of open source applications usefull to computer repair and putting them in a small live CD based off of DSL (Damn small linux)

i mean, there are live cd's that are quite sexy such as Kaspersky rescue CD and UBCD (Ultimate Boot CD), they are single service applications that could be even better bundled together (and updated lol) as well as tons of other type of applications like partition managers, windows registry editors (yeah its possible BEACH) and sexy file managers (and a nice network manager wouldnt hurt, but thats in the UBCD already)

and its nice because you dont have to install anything on the target machine, writes to nothing but ram and reads off the CD, makes updates a pain in the butt, but some developers are sexy enough to offer quick download servers for their updates, or make it so you can put the update file directly in the USB root dir and it will find it.

geeksquad MRI is a joke compaired to the stuff thats out there and free source already. actually... thats what the MRI is, is mostly a collection of applications that are free source and makes it so monkeys could do computer repair...

Good work
-Symantic
Enjoy your creative game-play, whatever that may include.

hoax-ravenheckler

• Master Heckler
  • Still the same old
    • View Profile
Re: Windows haters / open source lovers
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 04:13:50 pm »
I still hate him.
He is annoying!
:<
There's never time to do things right, but there's always time to do it over.