Author Topic: Terrorists or heros?  (Read 1211 times)

Jurugi

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
Terrorists or heros?
« on: November 14, 2009, 03:58:55 am »
I just saw some comments from some mideastern guy who stupidly says that America is oppressing their country. While this might be true, what will happen if we let those countries go on and develop these weapons which can kill millions of people in seconds? It was better off when we let them duel it out with AK-47s in the desert. I personally think we should leave and let them 'develop' by themselves instead of maintaining stability and ruining America's reputation. The stupidity of these people I suppose is justified because we really should leave and give them nothing to bite at.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 04:04:50 am by Jurugi »

[TKC]Symantic

• The Indifferent Character
  • The Central Committee
  • Heckler
  • I can has personal text?
    • View Profile
Re: Terrorists or heros?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 04:21:53 am »
Well, these "terrorists" are religious nutjobs who dont understand their religion in the first place and preach they know all about it.

Jihad, a term coined at the beginning of islam which means if i remember right in direct translation it is "the struggle to make the world muslim". this was during a time of religious persecution from mostly the christans towards the pagons and well... everyone else. after the "fall" of rome and before medieval times

This was also close to the monastic movement (communities of followers around hermits which eventually became known as monasteries and nunneries)

I dunno the point i was trying to make. I went and got some food halfway after writing this.

good job
-Symantic
Enjoy your creative game-play, whatever that may include.

[TKC]Lasher

• Heckler Apprentice
  • IWHBYD
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 12:07:43 am »
The first problem with them that I see is they live in the DESERT. If you, your ancestors and their ancestors chose to live in the desert, there is already some serious problems there. Maybe they didn't always have the chance to leave, but certainly now they do. Personally, I think it's ridiculous and a waste of life. They've been running around and cutting eachothers heads off for thousands of years. The only difference is now they have guns, and they can blow them off instead.

Whenever work feels overwhelming, just remember that you are going to die.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 04:21:17 am »
Mmmmm...
I have lived in a desert all my life.
Los Angeles is a desert...and my ranch at the top of California is also a high desert (it just snows here in the winter).

The desert I live in now has alot of trees and water is not brought in from many 100's of miles away like in L.A. but then again this country only has about 10K people for 150 sq miles using the water.

I would think that the greater "problem" is that those in the desert your talking about have leaders telling them lies and saying "God wants you to do this"...which is not what Islam in fact teachs.
The world is filled with those in power who have and will distort what is said or going on both in and outside of government positions.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 04:31:02 am by ZOldDude »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*