Author Topic: Please ban me,pretty please!  (Read 2186 times)

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Please ban me,pretty please!
« on: March 20, 2009, 09:29:35 am »
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=333987449c0cff442bb1966aeb541e0a;act=ST;f=73;t=77540

Tom_Anger on the BIS forum writes:
Here is the video followed by a question.
ADDON USED FOR UNFAIR GAMEPLAY

There used to be a global ban list and I would like to see if anyone has one for reference?  Anti-Cheats, and restricting to specific addons can help, but there will always be other jerks who will try to disrupt a good fair gaming session.

Last night we were playing WARFARE and 2 players were throwing thousands of bombs from the sky over and over again as soon as their AI found our base.  When questioned they gave the regular "dunno what you mean responses" and made us seem like we were seeing things.  We brushed it off and kept a close eye on things which seemed to go well. 

After 3 hours of gameplay and us moving the base as we attempted to rebuild these players had enough and just wanted to end it so they went nuts never stopping with these bombings.  We don't care about the win or loss when we play.  We just want to have fun.

The quick and dirty solution is to only restrict a server to specific addons, but even at that I am sure people like this exist and will do other things to reduce the fun experience.  If anyone wants names and ID numbers I will more than gladly share them.  These guys would not tell us anything useful and even laughed after and that behavior led to ban.  In closing to this post I do want to see if others have a list as well so that we can colaborate efforts to try and keep a server running healthy.

And I know some servers have their own rules which could lead to a ban.  I am just interested in knowing who is keeping tabs on this stuff.

Sorry for the long post.
Video here:
http://arma.shadowcompanyelite.com/video/banned1.wmv

Well Tommy boy...good luck with banning people who bypass all 3 of the anticheat programs used in ArmA (soon to be ArmA2...hint,hint!) because as I said back in summer 2007 the player key/ID numbers had already been cracked along with "signed addons" as well.

Just be happy that when you "banned them" you did not end up banning yourself or the server owner

Thank you for shopping TKC...please drive through! :icon_devil
Codename "Project TKC"
We are TKC. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget.
We will be heard.
Expect us!

« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 07:55:11 pm by ZOldDude »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

[TKC]Symantic

• The Indifferent Character
  • The Central Committee
  • Heckler
  • I can has personal text?
    • View Profile
Re: Please ban me,pretty please!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 11:30:47 am »
faulty banstick
Enjoy your creative game-play, whatever that may include.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 03:02:47 pm »
Quote from: Tom_Anger
We just want to have fun.

I think those people who he wants to restrict gameplay for also want to have fun. :icon_laugh

Edit: Just watched that video. Wow, it's great.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 12:04:26 am »
Well it looks like his website is history.  :icon_laugh

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 02:43:29 am »

The Illusive Man

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 06:32:30 am »
Black pants...Kempo.