Author Topic: Strange Side Effect of SCP  (Read 825 times)

Kruniac

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Strange Side Effect of SCP
« on: February 02, 2009, 12:58:38 am »
I installed SCP 1.0 just to see if it still worked on certain servers, and wow..

No servers show up the list any more. I tried rebooting, and that solved the problem for a while. However, I was testing a few more cheat addons (For 1.14) and BOOM - servers are gone again.

They haven't come back this time, and that's after rebooting three times. What could the problem be?

Soundpack.pbo was working fine. Everything else seems to nuke my server list.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Re: Strange Side Effect of SCP
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 01:43:34 am »
There is nothing wrong with the programs but you need to use the ones ment for the game patch/version you are running.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 03:41:52 am »
Must be some other problem than the SCP, but check that you're refreshing the internet list and not lan.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

Kruniac

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 05:58:21 pm »
There is nothing wrong with the programs but you need to use the ones ment for the game patch/version you are running.

Oh, I know. I was just saying that when I did use SCP, none of my games showed up on the server list. Then I rebooted, and tried loading up Soundpack.pbo (With the modified config), and everything was fine again. A little bit later I tried to customize Soundpack.pbo with a few scripts and it happened again. No games in the server list. Rebooting four times didnt solve this, so I uninstalled ArmA. I'm about to reinstall.

Must be some other problem than the SCP, but check that you're refreshing the internet list and not lan.

That's one of the first things I checked. I tried directly connecting to my cable modem, thinking it might have been my router, but no luck. I joined a server with Soundpack, fooled around a bit, then quit the game. I then deleted that .pbo, and loaded the SCP 1.0 PBO. At this point, no games showed up. Weirdest thing.

*Edit* Yeah, works fine now. I'm a little nervous about using SCP (I know its outdated :P ) or Soundpack now. However, thanks to you guys keeping careful attention on the situation, I can try and get down with some Bellend action. Thanks guys. *Edit*
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 07:07:04 pm by Kruniac »

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 10:08:48 pm »
Could have been GameSpy on the fritz again.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*