General Public Section > Section of Science

quantum phenomenon called entanglement

(1/5) > >>

ZOldDude:
Want to be someplace instantly without "traveling"?
Well if so a phenomenon called quantum entanglement has been shown to be your ticket...to be in two places at the same time more or less.

Yes you heard that correctly...be in two places at the same time and without normal "travel".
Yes it has been proved in a lab experiment on an atomic level.

In normal travel "information" moves from one place in spacetime to another,in quantum entanglement it is just there without the transfer of information (movement).
Now as if being someplace without "movement" to get there was not enough to make you say "WTF?!"...this happens INSTANTLY as well!

Read about Teleportation here:
http://www.jqi.umd.edu/

The PDF is here:
http://www.jqi.umd.edu/news/teleportation.pdf

There are PHOTOGRAPHS of the "teleporter" on page 5 of the PDF.

h3ck3lr:

--- Quote from: ZOldDude on February 09, 2009, 08:28:43 pm ---there was not enough to make you say "WTF?!"...
--- End quote ---

read the pdf, my brain is still entangled, but it was still able to say   WTF   !!!!

guess I'm just lucky then that when you flick the switch the light comes on ......

ZOldDude:
Do you understand what this experiment shows?

So far only an ion has been in two places at the same time...one day "things" may be.

Yep...Teleporters/Star Gates.
Beam me up Scotty!

M. O.:
Particles can tunnel through walls or alike, but that doesn't mean that balls will get through.  :wink2

It largely only applies to very small objects that can (or have to) be described by quantum physics.

As it looks particles can't travel faster than the speed of light. Information won't go from a to b instantaneously, but if photons (for instance) are entagled and you measure the spin of one, you'll basically instantaneously know the spin of the other. But this photon must have travelled to you (with the speed of light) in the first place.

ZOldDude:
Normal travel is a transfer of information.
This is not normal travel.
Information has not moved it has been entangled and in two places (points in space time) at the same time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version