Author Topic: Far Cry 2 Trainer Progress (Need a little ASM help, if you can)  (Read 624 times)

thumper

• "Astro-Noob"
  • Online Villain
    • View Profile
Far Cry 2 Trainer Progress (Need a little ASM help, if you can)
« on: October 27, 2008, 09:24:09 pm »
WORKING:
Unlimited Grenades/Molotovs - Just as it says, never run out.
Unlimited Syringes - Same.
Unlimited Ammo - Same.
Unlimited Diamonds - Activate, buy something with diamonds, deactivate. You now have millions of Diamonds, don't need to worry about it again.
Unlimited Reloads - Was having a problem with IEDs not working with infinite ammo, but locking the amount of ammo you have for reloads seemed to fix it. (Also useful I guess if you don't want infinite ammo in a clip, but don't want to worry about having to restock on ammo all the time?)

PARTIALLY WORKING:
God Mode - Problem is that your enemies are invincible to small arms fire. Only way to kill them is with a headshot, or a weapon that would normally kill them in one shot (heavy duty sniper rifle, rocket launcher, grenades, or headshot with a smaller weapon).
Location I'm using is +FC3D0.

10103050       movss xmm0,[ecx+10]

Cave:
Code: [Select]
push eax
mov eax,[ecx+14]
mov [ecx+10],eax
pop eax
movss xmm0,[ecx+10]
jmp back

I'm fairly new to assembly, so does anybody who's more experienced maybe see a problem with this?

FUTURE PLANS:
No Vehicle Damage
No Weapon Decay
No Recoil? (Never done something like this, so it'll be a learning experience if I get it working)

I'll be releasing the trainer once I get health/weapon decay/vehicle damage done, then I'll work on a recoil hack for it.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
Re: Far Cry 2 Trainer Progress (Need a little ASM help, if you can)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 12:16:04 am »
Ah. That issue is covered by the game hacking archive in the dl section.

The problem is that the routine you found and hacked is used by AI as well. You have to find a routine that isn't used by the AI or a way to identify when it's used by the player and only enable it then. A register comparison might do it.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

thumper

• "Astro-Noob"
  • Online Villain
    • View Profile
Re: Far Cry 2 Trainer Progress (Need a little ASM help, if you can)
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 03:13:55 am »
Ah. That issue is covered by the game hacking archive in the dl section.

The problem is that the routine you found and hacked is used by AI as well. You have to find a routine that isn't used by the AI or a way to identify when it's used by the player and only enable it then. A register comparison might do it.

Ahh, thanks. Time to go digging through the code again... :D