Author Topic: Is this why Cpt.Hankey needs hacks?  (Read 4586 times)

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Re: Is this why Cpt.Hankey needs hacks?
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 07:58:19 am »
Too much to read.
Too old and near bedtime.
Too much for Old Mind to take in.

Dude(s),TKC will never host any program in violations of -US Law-.
Other countries can go screw off.

Z

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

niaboc

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 09:12:57 am »
Too much to read.
Too old and near bedtime.
Too much for Old Mind to take in.

Dude(s),TKC will never host any program in violations of -US Law-.
Other countries can go screw off.

Z

You know i'm only here for shits and giggles. i never attacked TKC even when you guys were a force to be rekoned with

Subsky

• Insane Joker
  • Subskii
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2008, 11:55:32 am »
runescape?, most online flash games. hacks can be stoped : )

I agree.  Anti-cheating possible; but AC clients well never work because they are fundamentally flawed.

If a majority of the AC is written in user-mode; hackers go ring 0.  Want to even the playing field?  Turn the AC into a system driver; risk portability and loose a large majority of customers.  Still not good enough?  Layering is your friend; just go lower into the OS; modify system objects directly etc etc. 

Gameguard is the perfect example of a catastrophic failure- if the server has a poorly designed cheat detection strategy a rootkit won't save anyone.  Just like the idiots who thought rootkit was the answer to DRM; it simply does not work.

As a game programmer- I know it is possible to prevent most forms of cheating server-side- using the game engine itself.  Mathematics is key here.  Let the client send off whatever packet it wants; and have the server do all the internal validity checking.  Shoot through walls, teleport, superjump, speedhack, noclip style hacks can all be detected this way.  Wallhacking, ESP can be preventing by aggressive serverside occlusion culling code (w.g. don't let the clients know where the other players are unless they really are visible).  Aimbot detection is harder- what set of rules will determine a talented player from a subtle aimbot?  Removing the obvious aimbots is important- they disrupt the game; but what's the harm in letting those subtler aimbots (that display the skill of a talented player) from working?  Everyone can benefit from a more challenging game.

Red dots can't really be prevented; so even the playing field- let everyone use crosshairs if they desire.  What about chams?  Well, if you can't see the player behind the wall anyway; they're not going to turn a regular cheater in a superstar.

These rules are obvious- but game companies outsource the anti-cheat system to 3rd party companies (and pay big money too).  It's a shame.  A near perfect system is possible and it will earn companies big $.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 05:32:25 pm »
that kind of thing has been done on a old game , i cant remember the name of it
i did it eventually , but it was difficult.

btw i noticed you mentioned gameguard , i seen all the babble about how to beat it .. theres a dead simple way , it fell on its arse because it was built on a shit system to start with.
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2008, 03:19:26 am »
EULA?
Those things have never been enforced by court in the USA,every case brought was shot down.

You can NOT force a CONTRACT on a person in order for them to use a product that they have bought and own...after they pay for it.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

niaboc

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2008, 06:09:25 am »
EULA?
Those things have never been enforced by court in the USA,every case brought was shot down.

You can NOT force a CONTRACT on a person in order for them to use a product that they have bought and own...after they pay for it.

sure you can as generally you return it to the company directly at which point you get a refund... cannot happen with wow due to the fees for playing you wouldnt be refunded those and the EULA changes every patch etc.

: )

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2008, 07:35:34 am »
EULA?

sure you can as generally you return it to the company directly at which point you get a refund... cannot happen with wow due to the fees for playing you wouldnt be refunded those and the EULA changes every patch etc.

No.
Wrong.
Not in my country.

Why would I return it for a refund?
Go back and read what I said,then go look up US Contract Law's.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2008, 03:08:02 pm »
EULA?

No.
Wrong.
Not in my country.

Why would I return it for a refund?
Go back and read what I said,then go look up US Contract Law's.

we have a rule in this country , its the same as yours z , we short hand it to : buy as seen or bought as seen on the reciept , if that is on it .. then it may look good but it may have no working parts inside .. but your still stuck .. because you Bought it as SEEN! .. the only major difference between yours and our laws are one thing .. we have no statute of limitations for a crime .. we can be tried and found not guilty then ten years down the line be retried again with new evidence then banged up for 60 years.. which is a good thing actually because the crime rate in england is not that bad .. and there are almost no shootings and the ones that do commit the shootings are almost NEVER english this is mainly because there is a severe punishment for firearms .. especially concield .. you even have a bullet on you and its a minumum 2 year sentence .. per bullet and on top of that 8-10 years for the weapon if its a replica .. 15 - life if its an active fire arm and life if its loaded and could be actually fired , life no chance of parole if its loaded and is semi or fully automatic.

anyway this is about game eulas ..  eulas will never be inforced unless the company has a bad attitude and wants to be greedy , but if they lose they lose big .. we wont , at best we will get a slap on the wrist and be told to stay away from a pc .

which will never happen as eulas are very difficult to inforce once the product has been purchased and whos going to sit there and read a fucking 20 page eula in a store then sit and sign it to be locked into it for a game before they buy it ... at best the shortest eula would win ..which in turn would have the least rules of the game and not be able to cover everything so there would be loop holes .. its a no win situation for them.. any way lets get back on topic..

cobain no offence ment but you really do type about complete shit just to get a response .. at least think before you post next time please .
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 03:23:38 pm by MrMedic »
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157