Author Topic: A new TKC member has joined...  (Read 899 times)

TheHeckler!

A new TKC member has joined...
« on: August 18, 2008, 11:45:14 pm »
So I recently logged into my gmail account for the first time in ages/years and find I have a few hundred emails...the majority of which were auto emails sent to it because someone new had joined the forums. After cleaning up my inbox and logging back into the site I look under profile to disable whatever feature auto sends these emails... but I can't find it. Last I was active on the site the forums were running different software (phpbb if I remember correctly) so I'm not too familiar with the features yet. Although I have a feeling I'm going to look foolish for not figuring it out on my own, I'll ask anyway... How the hell to I stop these emails from hitting my inbox everytime someone new joins the forums? Thanks.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Re: A new TKC member has joined...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 01:54:02 am »
I had turned that on and only Mods are supposed to get that mail.
I could turn it off,I just can't do it for one person at a time...all Mods would stop getting it.

Right now with no new games out and thus no new hacks we get about 2 people per day.
The most people in a given month was Summer of 2007 when TKC responded to Walker of the BIA forums attempt to make November5th an international day to complain to ISP's and Law inforcement in an attempt to "shut us down"...and we RELEASED HACKS/CHEATS to make the day more in keeping with it's "historic" meaning in the UK!
TKC picked up over 560 new members durring the time Mr. Walker was on the rag.
For detailed stats see:
http://tkc-community.net/forum/index.php?action=stats
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 02:27:40 am by ZOldDude »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 02:00:39 am »
I don't know that feature very well. I haven't put you admin yet, but I thought only admins got it. Are you sure those emails are recent?

I'm sure it's possible to mod it, but we'll have to wait for Anothercheater to look at that.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 02:05:25 am »
I don't know that feature very well. I haven't put you admin yet, but I thought only admins got it. Are you sure those emails are recent?

I'm sure it's possible to mod it, but we'll have to wait for Anothercheater to look at that.
He has been "saveing them up" after we moved to the new forum software!

Heckler....you may want to read the "News" about the Police Raid on TKC's Servers:
http://tkc-community.net/forum/index.php?topic=6907.0

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

TheHeckler!

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 05:30:57 am »

Yes, they were recent, in the past few days I've been getting them as well. If anothercheater could somehow make it optional that would be great.

[TKC]Symantic

• The Indifferent Character
  • The Central Committee
  • Heckler
  • I can has personal text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 10:10:31 am »
i just made a folder in my email and put a filter on it. everything that comes from tkc goes to its own folder.

as of now there are 279 unread messages in the tkc folder.
Enjoy your creative game-play, whatever that may include.