Author Topic: After upgrading to 1.14 most of the orginal game files are corrupted.  (Read 991 times)

HDMI Man

• Intentional Cheater
  • Nothing is bad or good, but thinking makes it so.
    • View Profile
Ok so its been awhile since ive last played this game, well i finally just started it again yesterday after about a year not playing, so i played alittle bit and noticed that most of the online servers have updated. So i find out that theres a new patch out there thats supposed to improve FPS rate almost 100% well i decide to download it. (Bad Choice)  :nono

After waiting for the damn thing to unpack, and finally load the update program it does its mumbo jumbo and then walla it turned my original game files and corrupted them, so now Tracked.pbo, Roads.pbo, Plants.pbo, Desert.pbo, Characters.pbo, Air3.pbo, Wheeled.pbo, and UIFonts.pbo cant move or be copyed it either gives an error stating that it cannot read from the source/file. Or it states that the operation can not be completed because of a I/O error.   :cry

Can someone do me the favor of uploading theyre pbo's I desprately need them in this case.

Vista Sucks!!!

that is just some of the files i suspect theres more but im still looking around. I cannot reinstall because i lent out my disk to a friend and im using a cd crack. Im just pissed at how shitty this has turned out.

I had 1.08 and did everything that it required and the damn thing still managed to fuck things up.

Oh and its giving me some sort of CRC error.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 01:33:27 am by HDMI Man »

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
If you read the BI forums -allot- of people are pissed off with this update.
Patch 1.08 is still the most stable over all.

Your right...Vista sucks.
Install XP and wonder @ how much faster everything runs...not to mention everything -works unlike Vista. Just do NOT install SP3 if you bought a prebuilt computter!

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

HDMI Man

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
I have a prebuilt computer.

Im sorry but can someone post a link to the bi forums?

Nevermind i just googled it.

Yeah well i vista is crap and looks like im going to have to reinstall ARMA and the damn patchs that go along with it.

Okay so is anyone running 1.12?? how is that working for ya?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 05:39:59 am by HDMI Man »

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Patch 1.08 is still the most stable over all.
It was also the last -official- patch befor the latest non-beta of 1.14

Last time I was playing ArmA (about 1 year ago) I was on 1.05!

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

HDMI Man

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
okay well did a complete new install of the game had to go through some of my addons to figure which ones were causing CRC errors after that, it ran smooth again.