Author Topic: Z's new home  (Read 13388 times)

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Z's new home
« on: May 16, 2008, 10:36:18 am »
Here are a few photo's and movies from around my new home.
The file attached is best veied in small screen (cheap $50 digi-camera)...and I was the -only- human withen 27 miles of this lake!

OPPS! File is to large (10MB) to send so untill I U/L it to a hosting site here is some deer burgers on the hoof.

EDIT:
Just noticed you have to be logged in to see the attachment.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 04:30:15 am by ZOldDude »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Re: Z's new home
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 10:42:28 am »
Here are a few photo's and movies from around my new home.
The file attached is best veied in small screen (cheap $50 digi-camera)...and I was the -only- human withen 27 miles of this lake!

OPPS! File is to large (10MB) to send so untill I U/L it to a hosting site here is some deer burgers on the hoof.
Here is some more...one across the road and one in the yard near the front driveway gate 30 feet from my front door.

EDIT:
Just noticed you have to be logged in to see the attachment.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 04:30:40 am by ZOldDude »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 11:11:34 pm »
Nice, that's up in the mountains?
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

Vicious

• Old Guard
  • Master Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 05:10:19 am »
Red Clay, Dead Grass, and white pine trees. Looks about like Tennessee to me  :icon_laugh
Innocence proves nothing

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 06:06:54 am »
Yea either that or there's no spring yet.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 08:42:41 pm »
Red Clay, Dead Grass, and white pine trees. Looks about like Tennessee to me  :icon_laugh
Those are Juniper's...and the red dirt is about 32 miles from town down a County road.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 08:47:03 pm »
Nice, that's up in the mountains?
Rolling hills rather than mountains (the mountains still have snow on top at the end of summer!).
Those photo's are from last year at the end of October (they were left on the camp computer). I have some I took with the Movie but still need to u/l them offsite and post a link....nice and green here right now.

[TKC]cptnhankey

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
    • Cptn Hankey
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 11:39:32 am »
Wow its like watching the Animal Chanel... Looks Far From the Real World  :icon_biggrin2

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 03:57:45 pm »
looks like animal farm .. buy a good bow then your misses wont be able to say anything when you bring a baby deer home for dinner
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 12:28:24 am »
looks like animal farm .. buy a good bow then your misses wont be able to say anything when you bring a baby deer home for dinner
Even if I get my buddy (lives 1 mile away) to skin it for half the meat and the hide...I think she will notice that the ribs/roast/steaks and burgers taste a bit differant!

[TKC]Lasher

• Heckler Apprentice
  • IWHBYD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 07:02:35 am »
fuck that! get like a big ass .308  :icon_devil and that would taste quite a bit different.
Whenever work feels overwhelming, just remember that you are going to die.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 11:12:53 am »
fuck that! get like a big ass .308  :icon_devil and that would taste quite a bit different.
A .308 is just a "small" 30-06 case with the same bullet.
Old folks like myself still own the Big Dog.

Deer/elk/invader can try to hide behind a 2 foot thick pine tree and a 30-06 will still kill them @ over 200+ yards.

Hide behind a cars engine block @ 100 yards and my Remington Gamemaster with AP rounds will find you.
The 30-06 was the round used in the Springfield in WWI and part of WWII as well as the .30 Browning MG.

The smaller .308 case was made so the Army could carry more ammo and is still a "heavy" rifle round.
I have seen steel jacket reloads (.308) -blast- through 1 1/2 foot thick stone walls @ 150 feet!

I will be back up north 2nd week of June and try to send photo/movies I took a few weeks ago...with everything green and lush looking.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 11:45:54 am by ZOldDude »

[TKC]cptnhankey

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
    • Cptn Hankey
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 12:15:17 pm »
Cool

[TKC]Lasher

• Heckler Apprentice
  • IWHBYD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 03:25:53 am »
i saw a .308 blast a two by four to pieces with a hollow point

and i thought the m1 garand was a 30-06?
Whenever work feels overwhelming, just remember that you are going to die.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 08:14:20 am »
The M1 was first made to use the 30-06 and later redone to use the .308 so the user could carry less weight.

The .308 is still bad ass....just not as much powder as a 30-06 which if you hit a deer @ 1/2 mile away will still -move- it a foot or two from the impact!