General Public Section > Off Topic

Z's new home

<< < (3/15) > >>

[TKC]Lasher:

--- Quote from: MrMedic on May 28, 2008, 03:57:45 pm ---looks like animal farm .. buy a good bow then your misses wont be able to say anything when you bring a baby deer home for dinner

--- End quote ---
fuck that! get like a big ass .308  :icon_devil and that would taste quite a bit different.

ZOldDude:

--- Quote from: [TKC]Lasher on May 29, 2008, 07:02:35 am ---
--- Quote from: MrMedic on May 28, 2008, 03:57:45 pm ---looks like animal farm .. buy a good bow then your misses wont be able to say anything when you bring a baby deer home for dinner

--- End quote ---
fuck that! get like a big ass .308  :icon_devil and that would taste quite a bit different.

--- End quote ---
A .308 is just a "small" 30-06 case with the same bullet.
Old folks like myself still own the Big Dog.

Deer/elk/invader can try to hide behind a 2 foot thick pine tree and a 30-06 will still kill them @ over 200+ yards.

Hide behind a cars engine block @ 100 yards and my Remington Gamemaster with AP rounds will find you.
The 30-06 was the round used in the Springfield in WWI and part of WWII as well as the .30 Browning MG.

The smaller .308 case was made so the Army could carry more ammo and is still a "heavy" rifle round.
I have seen steel jacket reloads (.308) -blast- through 1 1/2 foot thick stone walls @ 150 feet!

I will be back up north 2nd week of June and try to send photo/movies I took a few weeks ago...with everything green and lush looking.

[TKC]cptnhankey:
Cool

[TKC]Lasher:
i saw a .308 blast a two by four to pieces with a hollow point

and i thought the m1 garand was a 30-06?

ZOldDude:
The M1 was first made to use the 30-06 and later redone to use the .308 so the user could carry less weight.

The .308 is still bad ass....just not as much powder as a 30-06 which if you hit a deer @ 1/2 mile away will still -move- it a foot or two from the impact!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version