Author Topic: Hi  (Read 3993 times)

dont_care

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi
« on: April 04, 2004, 04:32:22 am »
Ok I know this isnt welcomed and you already have your answers laid out, but I thought instead of giving and receiving a torrent of abuse and poor jokes some explanations could be given as to why you do what you do.  Do you really not care about those who put hours of there own time into the leagues, maps and just perfecting there actual skills into the game?

But more importantly do you ever wonder what OFP would be like (I know such a utopia could never exist in any online game) if nobody cheated?

And finally why? Im sure many of you just waltz into clans seeking popularity in exchange for your 'skills' but be honest, would you be welcome if they knew?

Perhaps this serves no purpose aside from venting my anger but after playing the game for so long and after having oh so many maps spoilt in my mind at least a rant is fully deserved and warranted.

However one day we can all be happy knowing that the coperate giants may latch onto MMOG's and because of people such as yourselves the ordianry joe wont mind paying ?10 a month to play a game.  :lol:

[TKC]thejoker

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
Hi
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 04:44:02 am »
have u actually tryed cheating in it before?

dont_care

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 04:49:18 am »
Nope

[TKC]thejoker

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
Hi
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 04:52:33 am »
try it one time then see if you enjoy the game even more then. i didnt like cheaters before but i played against a cheatin clan so we had a rematch and i cheated against them for revenge and had loads of fun.

jazznas

• Old Guard
  • Heckler
    • View Profile
Hi
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 05:06:07 am »
Im not going to reply to your post cuz your questions have already been answered.

You may read Heckler's Wolfenstein guide and the Hisory of TKC

http://www.tkc-community.com/Main/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=3

to better understand whats the fun at heckling, i know that it probably wont change your mind but at least give it a try :wink:

dont_care

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 05:24:34 am »
To be honest joker I find my enjoyment through multiplayer by playing on equal grounds, I have no desire to have an advantage over an oppenent that they cannot reproduce.

As for the heckling guide I cannot understand why people wish to become an anti hero, jerk and annoyance as stated in the definition, such attributes arent exactly qualitys people would like to publicise that they have anywhere else apart from online.

In my mind I can only see that those who cheat play these games for the social interation as opposed to the game itself, the cheats act as a nice way of becoming popular and allow you to make friends, but surely if you lack social skills ruining peoples enjoyment isnt the answer.

Well ive had my rant once again and im sad to say I received an adult response  :( Although I knew that anything I posted here would make no difference to you it's made one to me, sadly ive noticed people talk about cheats for the upcoming soldner game, so thats another ?30 i'll save. Guess i'll stick with the MMOG's

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
Hi
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 05:27:36 am »
i have no problem with cheaters

i dont really cheat
i just use the 100 scud drop thing

in doing that i kill my self any way
and everyone else is like
WTF
OMG
and PMSL

The Illusive Man

dont_care

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2004, 05:37:46 am »
Since reading the afformentioned guides and FAQ's into TKC I find it completley hypocritcal that the writer was infuriated with the loss of his site thanks to GoD but considers himself a higher being and claiming there is no morality in ruining other peoples enjoyment via tking, how anyone can justify such madness is beyond me. Im afraid this will probably be my last post as I can only refrain from abusive comments for so long.

[TKC]thejoker

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
Hi
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2004, 05:45:17 am »
i dont like tking myself. i think the best part about online games is the teamwork and not the team killing

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
Hi
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2004, 12:33:12 pm »
Explanations to your questions from TheHeckler!'s TK FAQ

Quote from: TKC Policy Statement & FAQ
You?re Destroying The Game
Wrong. We are revitalizing the game, not atomizing it. Would changing the shape or texture of an object necessarily spoil it? We do not believe so. Let?s take a look at what it means to ?destroy? a game.

Destroy: To put an end to; ruin; or kill.

Putting an end to games is the exact opposite of our intentions. Instead we aim to revitalize games through introducing new and distinct game play mechanics. Some players may feel that heckling ?ruins? their enjoyment of the game. However, their individual perception of what creates satisfaction is not contingent to the entire gaming community. And just as sure as a video game is not a living being, it of course cannot be ?killed? either. Players who refuse to adapt to new styles of play may find it intolerable to continue playing under these conditions. This is their prerogative however, and does not subtract from the game as a whole.

Quote from: TKC Policy Statement & FAQ
You Are Ruining Other Peoples Fun

Or is it you who is allowing your fun to be ruined? How another player chooses to go about enjoying his or her copy of a game shouldn?t matter to someone who is a down to earth individual. In terms of cheats, if someone happens to be using an aimbot or wallhack so what? Continue playing the way you usually do, it isn?t as if your player?s character has been crippled in anyway so it should be immaterial to you. Many times players quit having fun in sight of hecklers because they cherish outdated gameplay to that of a holy grail. They don?t need to realize that there are other ways to derive pleasure from gaming than having the highest kill ratio.

Granted, there are exceptions, as heckling also evokes team killing, harassment, and general non-sense. As expected, such acts will cause some players to become irate. Admittedly we have a very egocentric view of online gaming, and this is where our ideologies with others clash. Our detractors insist that there is an unwritten and unified code of ethics to be followed amongst gamers; we do not share this belief. To us, the primary function of a game is enjoyment for the individual player, not to the gaming community as a whole.

As written above; there are no rules in games at all, they are all unwritten.
As they are unwritten the user/player might interpret the rules as he wish as long as he has fun. As the purpose of a game is to have fun. You might here now draw parallels from gaming and real life. But even you got to be able to distiguish a game from real life.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

dont_care

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2004, 05:20:27 pm »
As you said yourself, the purpose of a game is to have fun, not to take it away from others, I see no problem with using hacks if you could all just do it between yourselves rather than spoil it for those who are just there to enjoy the game as it was meant to be played.

I find your comments to be somewhat disturbing, you refuse to take a fair unbiased look at the situation claiming everything you disagree with is outdated and cheating is some sort of 'holy grail', should these cheats be intergrated into every copy of OFP the game would be considered poor at best, your cheats and hacks do not serve the wider community but only those who wish to exploit what others do not.

I also find your definition of killing the game rather childish, you dont seem to be able to take the phrase in it's proper context and instead use your apparent lack of understanding to your advantage. However such actions do not give the justifaction you believe they do, and as for prolonging a game by revitalising it, well I honestly find it difficult that you actually believe such propoganda.

As for comparisons to real life...well guess what when your playing a game it is real life, you are participating in events and what you do will always effect someone else, the fact that you use a computer as a terminal of operation makes no difference. People use there own time when they create the leagues, sites and maps, if all the people who have served EFL, TCZ and TNT over the years knew such things could be done when they first played the game I doubt they would of gone on to do what they have done.

As for you not caring about the community and that each gamer should focus on himself, why the hell does this place exist? This is a community and it appears that those who are here do care about each other, the ego-centric comments you made about online communitys exist right here, for your ideals to be true, this place would not exist.

Although what ive said may be deleted I'd like for this thread to continue as I still cannot see what right you have to do what you do.

[TKC]thejoker

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
Hi
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2004, 05:40:08 pm »
me and all the other cheaters here want to take the gameplay to another level os fun by using cheats. it spoils the game for others but i dont care for people i dont know never talked to i find it more important i have fun even if this means ruining it for others

dont_care

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2004, 05:58:46 pm »
Well I find you to be a poor calibre of person if you have no disregard for those around you.

[TKC]thejoker

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
Hi
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2004, 06:07:36 pm »
those around me across the world. why care about someone u dont even know exists

CMW

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2004, 06:32:09 pm »
Quote from: [TKC]thejoker
those around me across the world. why care about someone u dont even know exists

I agree with all the comments made by "Don't care".  I do see where you cheaters get your enjoyment from, but its when people in clans that play in leagues like the ones mention before that it is not acceptable.  People pay money for servers etc to play their favourite game and have fun, not for some cheat to come on and waste others time and money.  The vast majority that play OFP are in their late teens and older, and don't have as much time to spend playing games.  It can be frustrating when the only available time for these people is wasted by these cheaters.

Being realistic I know you won't do much anyway, it would be aleast abit more decent as to controling who you release your "products" to, and be more wiser when you are going to use them - not on other clan servers.