Author Topic: Evolution Blue - Spawn as Opfor, possible?  (Read 1016 times)

uranium

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Evolution Blue - Spawn as Opfor, possible?
« on: April 21, 2008, 02:28:26 am »
Hi guys!

Iam new on this site and I like your work  :icon_thumbsup..

I was thinking about spawning as Opfor on Evolution maps and help the Russian AI out a bit ;-).. I saw a few guys on "Opfor" Side today and i want to do that too. How can I make the Russian Side choosable?
Maybe someone can tell me how or can post a script for doing that.

Thanks in Advance
Uranium

IllAssembly

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Blue - Spawn as Opfor, possible?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 03:06:46 am »
ill get u some links here shortly

1st Unpack [UNpbo] your evolution.sara map. [make sure to make a backup copy] 
go into your Arma profiles folder, and create a folder called your namechoice.Sara  inside "missions"
place the "mission.sqm" file u unpacked from evolution.sara and place it in that folder.

now start arma, and go to the editor[using the profile name u saved the .sqm under] load sahrani and then load "namechoice.Sara" u are now looking at your evolution map. i think the players in evo are named "AP" but when u find the spawn zone u can just change any of the units or vehicles u like. add/remove, replace, etc. make sure u name it its original name though[player [ap]] and place the unit inside the blue box.

cool tips

now that uve unpacked your evo map [using ARMA edit] u can download addons, unpack them, and figure out the new downloaded units class names. in the evo folder find "scripts"folder and open up "recruit.sqf" u can change the kind of soldiers you recruit also[using their classnames]

ok so now that uve changed the sides in the editor, change the intel name to fit so u know and save it as a new name. now u close arma, and go into Arma profiles open your name go to missions folder and copy the new "mission.sqm"  paste that into the unpacked evo folder replacing the old one and pack it back up[PBOView or UnPBO]  the tools are easy to use here are some links to d/l them

IllAssembly

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 03:13:03 am »
PBOView
i recommend this unpacker/packer

UNBin
i didnt say about this but if your editing an addons config sometimes u need to convert it from .bin to .cpp

ArmaEdit
used to easily edit mostly all Arma files with exception of a few types

Easy_tiger

• Klass Klown
  • ArmA Anti-Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 10:43:52 pm »
Hi guys!

Iam new on this site and I like your work  :icon_thumbsup..

I was thinking about spawning as Opfor on Evolution maps and help the Russian AI out a bit ;-).. I saw a few guys on "Opfor" Side today and i want to do that too. How can I make the Russian Side choosable?
Maybe someone can tell me how or can post a script for doing that.

Thanks in Advance
Uranium

LMAO i used to do that, there was nothing more enjoyable than leading the OPFOR defence against the other players hehe. Ahh the memories of phantom tank brigades and shouts of "WTF WHERE DID THOSE KAMOVS COME FROM!"  :icon_laugh

A very simple way to do it is to modify the existing SCP scripts that spawn stuff and set their side to EAST. Then you can spawn OPFOR reinforcements of your choice anywhere on the map!