Author Topic: No roil help in making *NOT begging*  (Read 2924 times)

No-.-GO

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
Re: No roil help in making *NOT begging*
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 11:23:22 am »
i cant seem to find it i searched with T-Search And cheat engine......

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 05:22:03 pm »
it would be trial and error , i remember searching for reticle spread ( similar kind of thing to gun force ) on vc2 , never found it so i did it another way.
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

Frank P.

• Heckler Apprentice
  • Still J Day N*gga....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 06:10:32 pm »
it would be trial and error , i remember searching for reticle spread ( similar kind of thing to gun force ) on vc2 , never found it so i did it another way.
It's good to know the experts use simple (but in no way primitive) methods.
Being Australian is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, and then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.

mesengr

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 10:46:08 am »
Been a while since I checked out this forum... good to see it's still active.  :icon_biggrin2

Anyways, what you're trying to do is more complicated than t-searching, because when Vietcong loads the recoil values for each weapon, it actually multiplies them with a value to change it before storing it in memory.

Big hint: the address 0x8d8480 holds the multiplying value. (How I figured that out is a much longer story, for another time.)

Step-by-step:

(1) Run vietcong.exe
(2) At the Ptero-Engine-II Setup window... do NOT launch the game yet.
(3) Open up Cheat Engine/T-Search/etc. and look inside memory location 0x8d8480
(4) Let's say the floating-point value in there is 1.567e-003 (just an example... it's actually something else...)
(5) From the cbf file, you see for M16 [fully automatic]: `w_b_shot_force_move 0.5  -4.78  1  0.09  -0.89  0.1
(6) Multiply the recoil values by the floating-point value you discovered in Step 4.
(7) Fully load the game (click OK at the setup window).
(8] Search (floating point) for the new values. You should find them.
(9) If no results, try searching by range instead of exact value. Or use T-Search's built-in calculator to do the floating-point math...

You could take it further and figure out which instruction loads these recoil values during gameplay... and force it to load ZERO for every weapon!

Let me know if this makes sense.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 11:05:49 am by mesengr »

No-.-GO

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 11:25:19 am »
It helps a little bit, but i dont fully understand.... sorry

Frank P.

• Heckler Apprentice
  • Still J Day N*gga....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 12:53:58 pm »
It helps a little bit, but i dont fully understand.... sorry
What exactly don't you understand. Don't be sorry, we don't assume everyone will understand everything. After all, we are talking different languages here.
Being Australian is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, and then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.

No-.-GO

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 03:02:09 pm »
(1) Run vietcong.exe
(2) At the Ptero-Engine-II Setup window... do NOT launch the game yet.
(3) Open up Cheat Engine/T-Search/etc. and look inside memory location 0x8d8480
(4) Let's say the floating-point value in there is 1.567e-003 (just an example... it's actually something else...)
(5) From the cbf file, you see for M16 [fully automatic]: `w_b_shot_force_move 0.5  -4.78  1  0.09  -0.89  0.1
(6) Multiply the recoil values by the floating-point value you discovered in Step 4.
(7) Fully load the game (click OK at the setup window).
(8] Search (floating point) for the new values. You should find them.
(9) If no results, try searching by range instead of exact value. Or use T-Search's built-in calculator to do the floating-point math...

I dont understand how 2 find the "address 0x8d8480", also step 6, how 2 multiply and dont really know what 2 search for in T-Search

Rav3n

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 08:50:59 pm »
Thanks for this its perfect for wot im doing

Are all the values loaded this way?
If so all weapon mods can be done in memory and i think it would make it more professional and a lot easier..

Free Rapidshare Prem Accounts
http://rapidshare dot com/files/111551586/Free-PremAccs.rar

mesengr

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 12:16:06 am »
I dont understand how 2 find the "address 0x8d8480", also step 6, how 2 multiply and dont really know what 2 search for in T-Search

From your previous posts, I assumed you know how to use Cheat Engine or T-Search. In either program, there is a functionality that lets you view the memory of a process. You need to View Memory and jump to that address.

From that address, you want to look at four bytes of memory. Without getting into Big/Little Endian stuff... you should be able to right-click on that memory location and ADD TO LIST or something of that nature. When you add it, add it as a FLOATING-POINT VALUE.

Then, in your list, the floating point value inside that address should be displayed. This value is the multiplier. Multiply the recoil values by this multiplier, and the results are what are actually stored in the game's memory. These are the values you want to search for.

I guess I'm not too good at explaining things. When I get home, I'll post screenshots if you want.

mesengr

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2008, 12:21:57 am »
Are all the values loaded this way?
If so all weapon mods can be done in memory and i think it would make it more professional and a lot easier..

So far, I've figured out the multiplying values for recoil, zoom, aimswing, and accuracy. They each have separate multipliers, but the concept is the same: read data from cbf, multiply by a constant, and store/use the modified value.

It's much more professional and easier to use: you could toggle the hack on/off during gameplay; and you change only a few instructions (per hack) to have it affect all weapons.

Rav3n

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 02:03:35 am »
Explained it perfectly...
I guess some people need to learn how to use programs

In fact have you tried looking for tutorials?

Go to Extalia dot com

Free Rapidshare Prem Accounts
http://rapidshare dot com/files/111551586/Free-PremAccs.rar