Author Topic: ArmA2 screens  (Read 7598 times)

Frank P.

• Heckler Apprentice
  • Still J Day N*gga....
    • View Profile
Re: ArmA2 screens
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 01:11:23 pm »

That is an artist's rendition...there are -no- pics from the game at all so far and the official site is devoid of any posts other than people hired by the company...3-4 hopeful fans and about the same amount from the BI forum.

There is one movie that trys to pimp the game on review/game demo sites but they are not ...from...the game. On the end credits it also says something about not sponsored by the US DoD,like they are trying to use that to make it look better than it will be.
That's why I said the official forums were a joke.

Codemasters may be a big EU publishing company but the game it's self has it's workers in a small Asian country a few miles away from all those earthquakes that case the tidal waves!
Kuala Lumpur is situated midway along the west coast of Peninsular Malaysia, at the confluence of the Klang and Gombek rivers. It is approximately 35 km from the coast and sits at the centre of the Peninsula's extensive and modern transportation network. Kuala Lumpur is easily the largest city in the nation, possessing a population of over one and a half million people drawn from all of Malaysia's many ethnic group
Best thing about the area is an old online contact lives near a stamper and goes bin diveing for movie and game disks. :icon_thumbsup
Pfft Codemasters... One of the cheapest gaming companies EVER!
Being Australian is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, and then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.

Easy_tiger

• Klass Klown
  • ArmA Anti-Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 01:48:14 pm »
Yea but they've been in the game biz pretty much since day one (who remembers dizzy the egg? hehe) & their a British company so ive got their back!  :icon_thumbsup

Im tempted to try and get a job wth em, their hq is only  an hour or so up the road

oh and those screens are in game from what i gather, they have been heavily tarted up in PS tho!

Frank P.

• Heckler Apprentice
  • Still J Day N*gga....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 02:34:19 pm »
Yea but they've been in the game biz pretty much since day one (who remembers dizzy the egg? hehe) & their a British company so ive got their back!  :icon_thumbsup

Im tempted to try and get a job wth em, their hq is only  an hour or so up the road

oh and those screens are in game from what i gather, they have been heavily tarted up in PS tho!
They made a chain of Cricket games for PS2 (Ricky Ponting around Aus-NZ and Brian Lara around Asia - obviously depending where you live but they were the same games just with a different frontman) and only ever had the right names of players in competitions i.e ICC World Cup.
Being Australian is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, and then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.

Easy_tiger

• Klass Klown
  • ArmA Anti-Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 02:59:45 pm »
lol now thats cheap  :icon_laugh

Frank P.

• Heckler Apprentice
  • Still J Day N*gga....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 09:02:28 am »
lol now thats cheap  :icon_laugh
You probably don't follow the Cricket but the teams were so screwed like Adam Gilchrist would be A.Gilchurch. EA had the license of the names first and only do PC Cricket games. I know the team like the back of my hand and some players' names were incomprehensible.

Easy_tiger

• Klass Klown
  • ArmA Anti-Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 02:01:45 pm »
Nah i dont follow the Cricket, it bores the shit outta me, always has done  :icon_biggrin2

I remember it happening wth soccer games tho, again i think EA were the only ones with enough $$$ to use the real names

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 04:04:53 pm »
Give me rights to a game and it's engine and I will cut you in for the bigest part of BANK money.
Screw the names and other issues and let them sue me and see what they can hope to collect!

If you have a plan/product I can work it into BANK and keep you free of problems.
Remember that before I relocate I am 15 Min's away from both EA and Sony and many others that are located here in LA.

I will handle everything for 2%.
That includes all leagal and servers to handle on-line d/l sales.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 04:22:08 pm by ZOldDude »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Frank P.

• Heckler Apprentice
  • Still J Day N*gga....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2008, 08:13:09 am »
Nah i dont follow the Cricket, it bores the shit outta me, always has done  :icon_biggrin2

I remember it happening wth soccer games tho, again i think EA were the only ones with enough $$$ to use the real names
Yeh I can relate to that. The thing is you poor bastards probably get half of your games delayed or washed out because of the weather. Jks :D. With me, if it ain't Australia, England or India playing then I'm not going to watch it (Australian domestic Cricket exempt).

Give me rights to a game and it's engine and I will cut you in for the bigest part of BANK money.
Screw the names and other issues and let them sue me and see what they can hope to collect!

If you have a plan/product I can work it into BANK and keep you free of problems.
Remember that before I relocate I am 15 Min's away from both EA and Sony and many others that are located here in LA.

I will handle everything for 2%.
That includes all leagal and servers to handle on-line d/l sales.
Both games on PC and PS2 have so much bugs that it's not funny anyway. I only play them for the concept. EA has more bugs in their PC game than Codemasters in their PS2 one though. For example, the EA version would have bugs like if you bowled the ball and it was a full toss yorker (in other words it gets to the batsman before it bounces and yorker being at the toe so its hard to play) then an lbw appeal (lbw meaning leg-before-wicket as in if it was going to hit the wickets/sticks and it hit the batsmans leg pad then in theory he would be out) would already be ruled out because in the EA version it thinks that it has to bounce to be lbw but in reality it doesn't have to bounce at all and if it doesn't bounce in the majority of cases it's more likely to get the batsman out.
Unfortunately EA AND the separate Cricket associations will sue if you steal their players names(and thats probably gonna be separate court cases causing a LOT of paperwork).

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2008, 10:38:54 am »
They are not bugs they are features!
I recall Max (Devils' Taco) saying that about Pterodon's Vietcong game. :icon_laugh

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

diveplane

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2008, 09:51:14 am »
good news is aa2 will use x2 cpu support  :icon_thumbsup

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2008, 11:22:25 am »
good news is aa2 will use x2 cpu support  :icon_thumbsup
On page 1 of this thread Z said:
ArmA2 will NOT run on a single core CPU!
From what I hear it will not even BOOT unless you have 2 CPU's/cores as a minimum.

IllAssembly

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2008, 02:11:20 pm »
dude all these arma games the clothes are too tight and shit. OFP didnt seem to have that problem the units look cool but armas units have this lameness about them

Bellend

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2008, 05:30:42 am »

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2008, 09:10:05 pm »
Looks nice.

The only problem is that the anims and AI-movements are a bit unnatural. It looks like you fight some robots - but it's no problem in MP anyway. The story seems a bit dull too.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

b00n

• Insane Joker
  • pb,hackshield,vac sucks
    • View Profile