Author Topic: Raise a T-Rex  (Read 5865 times)

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Raise a T-Rex
« on: March 22, 2008, 12:48:57 am »
.....The short protein fragments recovered from the T. rex bone found in Hell Creek confirms this, matching most closely to chicken collagen. (This analysis was organized by a former student of Horner's, Mary Schweitzer of North Carolina State University, and was written up in Science magazine last year.

In fact, Horner will tell you that chickens retain dormant sequences of DNA that would, if activated by bioengineering, cause a chicken to grow teeth and a dino-tail, and to grow little T. rex arms instead of wings.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23725600/

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

[TKC]Symantic

• The Indifferent Character
  • The Central Committee
  • Heckler
  • I can has personal text?
    • View Profile
Re: Raise a T-Rex
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 10:40:08 pm »
Horner will tell you that chickens retain dormant sequences of DNA that would, if activated by bioengineering, cause a chicken to grow teeth and a dino-tail, and to grow little T. rex arms instead of wings.

I have to see this *pulls out my little do-it-at-home bioengineering kit and a chicken from my desk*  :icon_devil
Enjoy your creative game-play, whatever that may include.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 11:26:26 pm »
Haveing raised a few chickens let me say that you should be -very- happy they are not even 4 foot tall!

A 6-12lb Roadisland Red rooster that decides it does not want you around will attack you and draw blood with it's feet and spurs!
Just like pigs...if an animal dies they will eat it.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Frank P.

• Heckler Apprentice
  • Still J Day N*gga....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 07:04:48 am »
Haveing raised a few chickens let me say that you should be -very- happy they are not even 4 foot tall!

A 6-12lb Roadisland Red rooster that decides it does not want you around will attack you and draw blood with it's feet and spurs!
Just like pigs...if an animal dies they will eat it.
Savage, aren't they. Better they eat it than you clean up the mess, though.
Being Australian is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, and then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.

[TKC]Symantic

• The Indifferent Character
  • The Central Committee
  • Heckler
  • I can has personal text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 08:52:57 am »
we used to keep chickens for a while, fuckers would eat their own eggs... sick ass mofos...  not even cooked lol.
Enjoy your creative game-play, whatever that may include.

Frank P.

• Heckler Apprentice
  • Still J Day N*gga....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 09:44:21 am »
we used to keep chickens for a while, fuckers would eat their own eggs... sick ass mofos...  not even cooked lol.
I just ate a mouthful of chocolate (being easter n all) and that made me almost sick.
Being Australian is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, and then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.

Vicious

• Old Guard
  • Master Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 06:00:52 pm »
I just ate a mouthful of chocolate (being easter n all) and that made me almost sick.

Maybe you should have cooked the eggs first  :icon_laugh

I'm just waiting for a Chicken-Rex to escape into the wild and start breeding though. Be more fun to hunt than deer  :icon_thumbsup
Innocence proves nothing

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 09:57:19 pm »
lol @ .. gonna go hunting raptor chicken , get the oozie out
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

Frank P.

• Heckler Apprentice
  • Still J Day N*gga....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 11:45:11 am »
lol @ .. gonna go hunting raptor chicken , get the oozie out
Tec9.... Rather a rifle than an Uzi though..

Vicious

• Old Guard
  • Master Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 03:54:32 pm »
Eh, a Tec9 is a 9mm Submachine gun just like an Uzi. I'd rather use my Uzi though, more reliable/accurate.  :icon_biggrin2

I do agree with Jahovus on the rifle idea. Last thing i need is to "wing" the chicken with a wimpy pistol round and have a 3 foot angry raptor chicken after me  :icon_o_o
Innocence proves nothing

Frank P.

• Heckler Apprentice
  • Still J Day N*gga....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 07:59:05 am »
Eh, a Tec9 is a 9mm Submachine gun just like an Uzi. I'd rather use my Uzi though, more reliable/accurate.  :icon_biggrin2

I do agree with Jahovus on the rifle idea. Last thing i need is to "wing" the chicken with a wimpy pistol round and have a 3 foot angry raptor chicken after me  :icon_o_o
Yeh I know what a Tec9 is thats why I said I'd rather a rifle than an Uzi though... A rifle is a much better option, packing more punch and requiring more accuracy. It'd be like shooting a headcrab (from Half Life) with a crossbow while it's in the air.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 10:13:53 am »
This is one reason to own a 12 gage shotgun.
Some here own one...and I have mine.

While I no longer use it for hunting....every other round in it is a slug/buckshot.
Raptors or 3-4 foot Chicken Saurus's are NOT why I keep it loaded and close at hand.

@Vicious...
You doing another term in the Army or are you out going to school?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 08:00:33 am by ZOldDude »

Vicious

• Old Guard
  • Master Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 06:37:13 pm »
My Bad Jahovus, misunderstood ya :icon_razz2

@ Z, i'm in the Guard; 278th Armored Cav Regiment right now. Possibility we may get deployed beginning of next year, but no official word or warning order right now.

@Jahovus Crossbows in real life are abit badass also. Not as accurate as Half-life, but even cheap target bolts go through treated 2X4s in into the ground. My dad's friend made one in high school that shot cut-off bolts through cinder block walls :icon_o_o
IF you found one that used rebar, it probably wouldn't last long, rebar would eat in up in a few dozen shots. Be pretty potent though. Now if you filled a bolt's shaft with melted lead and let it cool though... :icon_shifty
Innocence proves nothing

Frank P.

• Heckler Apprentice
  • Still J Day N*gga....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 07:57:09 pm »
My Bad Jahovus, misunderstood ya :icon_razz2

@ Z, i'm in the Guard; 278th Armored Cav Regiment right now. Possibility we may get deployed beginning of next year, but no official word or warning order right now.

@Jahovus Crossbows in real life are abit badass also. Not as accurate as Half-life, but even cheap target bolts go through treated 2X4s in into the ground. My dad's friend made one in high school that shot cut-off bolts through cinder block walls :icon_o_o
IF you found one that used rebar, it probably wouldn't last long, rebar would eat in up in a few dozen shots. Be pretty potent though. Now if you filled a bolt's shaft with melted lead and let it cool though... :icon_shifty
Nps, happens all the time. Didn't mean to be rude btw, it seemed like it came out like that though, like always... In Half Life 2, the arrows were bright orange, like a solidified molten arrow... Does that give any ideas...

Vicious

• Old Guard
  • Master Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 01:41:09 am »
Yeah heated rebar. I can't wait to see how long my crossbow holds up using that. . . :icon_rolleyes2
Innocence proves nothing