Author Topic: Answere this!  (Read 6255 times)

[TKC]Symantic

• The Indifferent Character
  • The Central Committee
  • Heckler
  • I can has personal text?
    • View Profile
Re: Answere this!
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2008, 05:43:06 am »
LOL dude i thought this was a joke but u are serious LOL u made a topic about infinite  :icon_teehee  hey it beats some of mine though  :icon_teehee     but dude correct me if im wrong but in math ,right, infinite has no defined value its just 8 [sideways-couldnt find it on charmap] but like i said infinite + 7 is not equal to infinite -19

i was right!! the answer is no solution! now dive down to your wreckage and recover your valued belongings arrrrr  :arr

my point exactly.
Enjoy your creative game-play, whatever that may include.

Vicious

• Old Guard
  • Master Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2008, 06:54:49 am »
I'm with symantic on this. It's impossible to define infinite with a definite value (The words are pretty much opposites) so i'm gonna agree with /\ above me in saying it's undefined. And i'm sure if i put that on my calculus tests last year it would have been marked wrong. . .
Innocence proves nothing

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2008, 11:24:57 am »
From part of the definition from a random page on math:
We may feel some discomfort at the idea that we can remove some of the elements of a set and still have as many as we started with, but this is an artifact of our experience with finite sets (in which removing something means having a smaller set). Infinite sets simply don't behave that way. In fact, this leads us to a definition:

"A set is infinite if we can remove some
of its elements without reducing its size."
Go look it up...

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2008, 11:34:51 am »
Here is a good math site with more examples of what happens when you add/subtract/divide/muliply useing infinity:
http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/Classes/CalcI/TypesOfInfinity.aspx

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

IllAssembly

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2008, 04:36:28 pm »
crazy go search for the "string theory" its an example in deeper dimensions time doesnt exist in our dimension it is an illusion we use to measure our lifespan

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2008, 01:19:17 am »
crazy go search for the "string theory" its an example in deeper dimensions time doesnt exist in our dimension it is an illusion we use to measure our lifespan
So?
It has nothing to do with the math problem I started the thread with or the examples of why it is a true statement...nor the question/answere that infenity -does- have diffinitions in math problems.

Vicious

• Old Guard
  • Master Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2008, 01:32:16 am »
Argh more calculus. I hate math. Entirely.  :icon_cry2
Innocence proves nothing

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2008, 01:59:12 am »
Well, to be very precise that equation has no solution actually. ∞ is no number, and you can't count with it as if it was a number. ∞ is mostly relevant only when you compute limits of a function.

But you can still think of it as a number and do some sloppy calculations, physicists or engineers like to do it that way. So infinity is a correct solution seen that way, but from a purely mathematical point of view it isn't.  :wink2

Infinites are dangerous. Say you have the equation x+2=24. If the above infinite solution is true, "nothing" says you can't add and take a number x+2+∞=24+∞. Then x+∞=∞ and x=0 (or any number, depends on how you do). Which obviously is no good solution.
//Engineering Physicist
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 02:27:46 am by Mullah Omar »
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

IllAssembly

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2008, 04:57:19 am »
yeah dude in math that is no solution -7 does not equal 19

but my post was saying that in our dimension infinite[time] is not real and we try to measure it.[time]

so maybe in another dimension like 5 or 6 maybe your equation is easily solvable. but not in ours  :icon_sly

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2008, 05:22:47 am »
What time is, is very difficult to understand. But I like the explanation someone had: time is what's measured by a clock:smile

However, there are many other things that can be thought of as infinite other than time.

infinite + 7 is not equal to infinite -19
The short answer is, in maths - no. In other sciences - yes.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 05:23:46 am by Mullah Omar »

IllAssembly

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2008, 05:49:16 am »
agreed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_theory    but mullah, time is non existant. its only in our heads that all work the same way and agree on a way to measure our lifespan. we made it up, and named it "time"[broken down to the smallest as milliseconds] thats  just one way overlooked example of how incredibly intelligent people are.  a better name would be "life duration"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 05:53:45 am by [TKC]MurdaFace »

[TKC]Symantic

• The Indifferent Character
  • The Central Committee
  • Heckler
  • I can has personal text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2008, 06:12:09 am »
time does not exist because chuck norris does not allow it.
Enjoy your creative game-play, whatever that may include.

Frank P.

• Heckler Apprentice
  • Still J Day N*gga....
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2008, 08:54:31 am »
time does not exist because chuck norris does not allow it.
No, Chuck Norris DECIDES what time it is.
Being Australian is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, and then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.

IllAssembly

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2008, 12:35:25 pm »
chuk norris can lick the bottom of the bag

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2008, 01:38:12 pm »
I don't know much about the string theory but it isn't clear if it has anything to do with reality yet.