Author Topic: ** BattleEye **  (Read 4331 times)

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
Re: ** BattleEye **
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 07:11:04 am »
Cool, something new to poke holes in.
Although this stuff is really just splitting the ArmA community up more.
QG servers (Queen Gambit Expansion required servers)
BE servers (user must run BattleEye client to join)
Signed servers (users must have exactly the same addons as server)

The Illusive Man

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 07:27:39 am »
All thanks to you guys. Another proud moment.
This post dedicated to MP ArmA cheaters, you warthog faced buffoons. Why do you have to ruin my enjoyment of the game, pigs? You scare away players, you miserable, vomitus masses.

qwertykeygerb

• Cheater Apprentice
  • Tonight you dine in hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 07:48:10 am »
BE umh... that's a kind of Pb, isn't it ?
There will be some difficults compeling people to use that program that is conflicting with steam, xfire and other overlays...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 07:57:27 am by qwertykeygerb »

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 07:53:29 am »
All thanks to you guys. Another proud moment.
"thanks to you guys"?
Sorry dude but you need to get out in the sunshine more often and relearn what reality is.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 08:03:27 am »
I'd like to add : bwahahaLma0

BE umh... that's a kind of Pb, isn't it ?
There will be some difficults compeling people to use that program that is conflicting with steam, xfire and other overlays...
Yeah basically just another bit of spyware which states it will scan and report everything on your HD...even though an email sent to them says they will not share your personal and financial information.
The problem is  that when you install it you give them -permision- to that information and agree to let them use it as they see fit.
Anyone who installs it does so at their own risk!

I can't see BI -paying- for any AC service so it must be free...so you go figure out how this BE company makes a liveing.  :icon_rolleyes2

It's track record shows it has never stopped cheaters in any game so far...the dll is easy to open and mod.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 10:53:15 am »
Confirmed it is a "free" software program which is also used in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. that TKC has already cracked for that game (see S.T.A.L.K.E.R. section and YouTube videos we have done on it so far).

From the BE website:
http://www.battleye.com/info.html
The History

BattlEye (BE) was founded by Bastian Suter in October 2004.
Starting out as an external 3rd-party anti-cheat for Battlefield Vietnam, first versions were released pretty soon and it rapidly gained first acknowledgement.
In early 2005, it was integrated in the first professional leagues. Due to request by the community, BattlEye was then ported to Battlefield 1942 and again used by some leagues.
However, the whole Battlefield community was rather dead at that time and thus BattlEye wasn't utilized very much.
The breakthrough came a few months later, when BattlEye was newly developed for the highly anticipated Battlefield 2. After its release in June 2005, the demand for BattlEye from a huge and active community grew more and more and it soon was integrated in many leagues (including all large German ones).
From time to time, many server admins decided to protect their public servers with the system, too.
In 2006, BattlEye was directly integrated into a game, called Warsow - a popular freeware FPS, with official support from the developers for the first time. It now runs internally in the game, allowing a far better detection of cheats/hacks than with the external solution for the Battlefield series before.
Since the release of the new Warsow version (including BattlEye support) in May 2006, the BattlEye system is being used on almost all game servers. Considering the popularity of Warsow, this is a great success and a huge milestone.

The Engine

The BattlEye system consists of the BE Client and the BE Server that communicate with each other through the game's netcode. In addition, there is the BE Master which is queried for new core software and cheat detection updates. The BE Client (as well as the BE Server) runs within the game, allowing best possible detection of cheats.
BattlEye scans the game and the system in RAM and on HDD, mainly using generic methods that globally catch all cheats/hacks of one type (including private ones as far as possible).
In order to work, BattlEye requires absolutely no user input or server-side administration - it comes as is and does its job independently. This also applies on the effective auto-update system which works reliably flawlessly and thus ensures that each player is always up-to-date.
Furthermore BattlEye has no special system requirements - it needs only little resources regarding CPU, RAM and network bandwidth. The player simply will not notice that BattlEye is running in the background. 
So not only is it a FREE AC system which spys on people and collects personal and financial information which the user AGGRES to provide....it  is 100% crap in it's function as a AC system as TKC has previously broken it and documented doing so.

The makers claim that it
works reliably flawlessly
is both 100% false and may infact be misleading as to his own real motives.

RX-Tirb

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 11:21:03 am »
I can't see BI -paying- for any AC service so it must be free...so you go figure out how this BE company makes a liveing

Maybe you guys could set up a funding for bis so they can buy a decent ACS Instead of being cheap fucks and going with freebee's :icon_razz2

Maybe somethink like Bis AC Funding paypal donate button on ya site   :icon_cool2

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 12:31:15 pm »
Hey I warned everyone about it AND also sent MSN to YOUR hosting company as well as the many others I have on the Z MSN account.

I support what TKC does but I am not some heartless asshole who does not care about fair ladder contests or what happens to a games player base or those who earn a living off of selling/renting high end servers to people.
That would be 100% counter productive to what TKC exists for.

Give me a fucking break OK?

Remember I am "the nice one" at TKC.

Learn to work with me or go fuck off on your own as far as good advice and any fair ladder contest help TKC may ever decide to offer for a game you play.
History shows any public server or contest AC will forever fail if TKC has an interest in it.

Remember it was TKC that helped Pterodon's game VietCong -ladder contests- stay alive until Pterodon went out of business as a independent software company.....even as we made all the known cheats for the game.

Those ARE the facts of life buddy and nothing will ever change that...that's what TKC does and we do it better than anyone on the planet.

I myself ran so called "pirate BBS's" back in the early 80's before what has become "the internet" and may not have actively programed since those days...but to even for a moment think that the Staff of TKC or it's Mods are "noobs" or lack skills in programming beyond any AC maker or the average Game Programmer employed by a software company is a very foolish thing indeed.
If you do believe in such falsehoods then expect to look forwards to TKC kicking your ass no matter what you do or how much you spend.
Freedom for the Player!

Z
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 01:28:00 pm by ZOldDude »

Doc2

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 06:05:58 pm »
ZOldDude lol, if you took ya head out your ass for once.. if we never cheated in the first place there would be no need for BE and alike.. I agree the MP community has been so split up its a shame to find any good servers to play on anymore. And when you do there either got keys, BE, passworded or just have the plain cheating asshole on it, so its no fun.. i think arma has went down the drain. Lets hope OFP2 and ArmA2 get a bigger fan base.. but i very dowbt that will happen  :icon_sad2

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 06:39:30 pm »
Only Maruk and the whiny anticheaters are to blame for this next split. If it was a more effective anticheat system then it would of been an understandable move to make.

I think these should be optional on/off's in the server config.
BattleEye: Don't just kick the guy for not running the client, just notify the admin so that he can decide.
BiSign: Don't kick the guy for having a few extra addons, just make the server force disable the non-equal ones.
Custom Sounds/face: Dont kick, just disable them.

This shit would be so easy for them moronic ArmA devs to implement and it would solve a lot the split problem big time.
They are their own worst enemy here.

The Illusive Man

h0nt3r

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 07:40:18 pm »
Zolddude, BE for stalker is out already? Havent noticed, thought a new patch will bring it.

And did you have a look at the eula when installing the BE? Found this here: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=e9ee9506063e62c2e29aca6e77836698;act=ST;f=73;t=70911;st=15
please check the EULA when installing BattlEye.
"6) BattlEye will never report any of Licensees private data (documents,
passwords, etc.)
to other connected computers or to Licensor. BattlEye will not violate
Licensees
privacy in any way."

Anyway, I hope you guys continue to provide us leechers :D with hacks in the future.

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 10:54:56 pm »
Anyway, I hope you guys continue to provide us leechers :D with hacks in the future.
With Battleye, that wont be a problem  :smile

The Illusive Man

IllAssembly

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 05:10:47 am »
heres what i get out of this arguement:  Some of you simps take this game wayy too seriously, even so far that you think its a sin to have a cheat. well an idiot would understand that its a game not life. so basically if your life is that ruined because of people cheating on a game, maybe you should stop spending so much damn time playing a game and use your "real skill" [not a cheat :icon_cry2] in life you faggots games will always have cheats

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 06:48:23 am »
h0nt3r....

Dwarden unknowingly has included the answers and direct source/cause for PB exploits and BE and perhaps it would have been better for all if he had not.

When he attempts to discredit anything I have said with claims that I do so because I am a cheater he neglects that although I am one of the founding members of TKC and an Admin...and clearly a supporter...that HOSTING owners and most hosting renters -know- my IP and could tell him that they have -never- logged me as a cheater.
Using the fact that as a supporter of TKC anything I state is a falsehood does NOT help him make whatever point he is attempting and he would fair far better if he stopped doing so.

Doc2...

You for one should understand that I know allot more about things and people than I ever place on the publics table.
As I have said I have been in this "game" far before what is now called the internet and have decades of contacts across the globe which all know and respect me for allways being upfront and honest with them and my full unending support of personal freedom.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 07:22:42 am by ZOldDude »