Author Topic: IMPORTANT SCP Update  (Read 4426 times)

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Re: IMPORTANT SCP Update
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 03:07:21 am »
Locking up someones keyboard forces them to shut down the game. It's just as bad as a crash.
It is not the same as a script to crash the server so lets stick to the subject OK?

As I recall reading the SCP has a program in it that will STOP people from locking your keyboard as well.
So...how hard would it be to just run that one script for all players?
Oh wait...that would be too simple of a solution!

The released SCP has so many things in it that I never used/tested over the many months before it was released.
What I have used myself was the teleport...to move myself -only- ...to the far end of the island so I could learn to play the game untethered by other players.

I never bothered anyone...most server owners KNOW all of my IP's and don't care.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

strykir

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 01:05:59 pm »
It is not the same as a script to crash the server so lets stick to the subject OK?
My point still stands. It does just as much damage.
As I recall reading the SCP has a program in it that will STOP people from locking your keyboard as well.
So...how hard would it be to just run that one script for all players?
Oh wait...that would be too simple of a solution!
Yes. More scripts running in the background to protect us from TKC. So now because of TKC every mission must be modded or everyone must install an addon to stop keyboards from being locked?
Then TKc would just make up a new way to screw with other players. There are loads of ways and not all of them can be easily blocked by scripts.
I never bothered anyone...most server owners KNOW all of my IP's and don't care.
Good for you. But the rest of your friends do bother players, which is obviously what the problem is for many ArmA players

@Mulluh: That just proves your ignorance. You guys made a program that allows people to intentionally crash servers, and then you state that you are against crashing. You're full of BS man.

TKC is such a bunch of hypocrites :icon_rolleyes2

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 02:58:24 pm »
@Mulluh: That just proves your ignorance. You guys made a program that allows people to intentionally crash servers, and then you state that you are against crashing. You're full of BS man

It's not a program. It's a feature of ArmA itself. People who can script can do whatever they want with the scp. But that's not our responsibility. We don't support server crashers but we aren't going to do anything to stop it. Why should we fix bugs in the game? That's BIS' work.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

Junkz

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 05:58:58 pm »
@Mulluh: That just proves your ignorance. You guys made a program that allows people to intentionally crash servers, and then you state that you are against crashing. You're full of BS man

It's not a program. It's a feature of ArmA itself. People who can script can do whatever they want with the scp. But that's not our responsibility. We don't support server crashers but we aren't going to do anything to stop it. Why should we fix bugs in the game? That's BIS' work.

Oh c'mon Mullah, spawning 100 + zombies is a bis bug ... ?  ok 100 zombies wont crash a server but when the nubs start spamming the buttons and making 100 zombies into 1000 zombies thats where it begins to crash server due to resources getting overloaded by your SCP.

looking at most of your videos you can see the lag that it is causing due to fps dropping to like 1 fps for the client, imagine what thats doing to the server when it has to tell all other client that the cheater just dropped 200 LGBs on the base, this is the point where the server starts to crash.

memory leak was fixed months ago.

P.S. I hope you dont pay for this website    loading times suck.
Admins have the right to ban

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 06:45:13 pm »
It's a feature of the game, thus it's not our job to stop it. ArmA can be used to "crash" itself. The SCP can too, because it allows one to use the features of arma freely. People may do what they want with their game. It's not our responsibility.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 08:45:49 pm »
P.S. I hope you dont pay for this website    loading times suck.
Page created in 0.267 seconds with 14 queries.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

fartface

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 11:18:21 pm »
Takes ages on my comp too to load pages and im on 20mbit line!  Gotta be them cheap shitty American servers  :icon_laugh

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 02:45:14 am »
Takes ages on my comp too to load pages and im on 20mbit line!  Gotta be them cheap shitty American servers  :icon_laugh

Could be those overpriced and capped AU ISP's?

Just now:
Page created in 0.489 seconds with 20 queries.

There is however a 90 min period of the day that is slower...one of the sites on the same machine is sending out mass emails and then does a defrag.

Malboeuf [RN]

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 06:16:40 am »
should move to our servers
Page Generation: 0.05 Seconds
thats what 5 - 16 times faster
imagine our game servers  :icon_shifty
hey any one see any images?

MOHAMMED

• Cheater Apprentice
  • OFP and Arma MOST WANTED
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 02:25:12 pm »
Page created in 239.996 seconds with 30 queries.
Online War Games Jihad Chief & TKC Partener.

strykir

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007, 03:38:37 pm »
It's a feature of the game, thus it's not our job to stop it. ArmA can be used to "crash" itself. The SCP can too, because it allows one to use the features of arma freely. People may do what they want with their game. It's not our responsibility.
Stop talking crap. Being able to click "spawn zombies" in the SCP is not an ArmA feature, it's a SCP feature. Any way to crash a program works by taking advantage of a program flaw or feature, this is no different. Your tool allows people to bring down servers.

You people are trying to destroy ArmA MP. This is going beyond the normal wallhacks and aimbots into something more serious. What do you have against BIS and the ArmA players? Or do you just like to ruin things for people?

fartface

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2007, 09:27:41 pm »
They get huge hard ons from causing people hassle and making large numbers of people disconnect either through chrashing a server (which is what happens as i have seen it time and time again - overloading the game engine) or annying the hell out of them.  Some weird theory that games have no rules and should only be played for the fun part.  Id love to see how the hell they play physical games.  Do TKC use cricket bats to whack a football around because its fun?

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2007, 10:34:26 pm »
should move to our servers
Page Generation: 0.05 Seconds
thats what 5 - 16 times faster
imagine our game servers  :icon_shifty

I can't find a page timer on your site so it is impossible for me to verify.
The sites hosted off your servers don't get allot of traffic anyhow....but I know what you have for the game servers both connection AND location which is why I always recommend people in your direction.

Four differant sites (two are business's) are on the machine TKC uses and the 90 Min's or so of mass emails and then one doing it's defrag is put up with by the sysop here.
If it was up to me I would just move it to another machine...but the URL owner does not want to bother to request it.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2007, 10:35:56 pm »
Page created in 239.996 seconds with 30 queries.

Hmmm....your browser should have timed out!

Just now for me:
Page created in 0.208 seconds with 20 queries.

Malboeuf [RN]

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2007, 10:53:20 pm »
that web server we have gets allot of traffic, plus it had two game servers one, 20 some web sites and massive FTP abusing RNs
it pushes 1TB every month
hey any one see any images?