Author Topic: IMPORTANT SCP Update  (Read 4434 times)

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
IMPORTANT SCP Update
« on: October 26, 2007, 10:22:22 pm »
If you don't apply the latest security patch for SCP immediately you might get yourself banned from some servers you connect to.
Check the Official Scripts Topic for a fix.

Nov 5th will bring an updated SCP updater.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

Nutty101

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
Re: IMPORTANT SCP Update
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 10:41:48 pm »
Not to be a moron or anything but that official topic will not solve the problem for anyone. You guys know the fix or am I over estimating?

fartface

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 11:17:34 pm »
Its like a game of battleships!   :icon_laugh TKC found any other games to play? seems your now dying a real slow and painfull death!   :icon_laugh

strykir

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 12:18:37 am »
I don't see how changing a text string makes a difference.
Also wondering where you guys get these ideas? Random people tell you how your cheats are being detected?  :icon_biggrin2

:icon_angel

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 01:02:25 am »
Heh. I bet when these guys played Battleship as a kid they just kept moving their pieces on the board. I'm sure even back then their opponent caught on and grabbed a pillow and walloped them while yelling "anti-cheat!"
This post dedicated to MP ArmA cheaters, you warthog faced buffoons. Why do you have to ruin my enjoyment of the game, pigs? You scare away players, you miserable, vomitus masses.

Frank P.

• Heckler Apprentice
  • Still J Day N*gga....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 10:36:27 am »
I don't see how changing a text string makes a difference.
Also wondering where you guys get these ideas? Random people tell you how your cheats are being detected?  :icon_biggrin2

:icon_angel
I wouldn't call them random people as much as insiders.
Being Australian is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, and then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 01:52:17 pm »
The only thing DACs did in regard to the SCP was to check for that string. People don't get locked when having that changed.  :icon_sly

strykir

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 02:42:49 pm »
I wouldn't call them random people as much as insiders.
Call them what you want :wink2

The only thing DACs did in regard to the SCP was to check for that string. People don't get locked when having that changed.  :icon_sly
And how hard do you think it is to fix that? :icon_laugh
No matter how many random strings you use, you can't send commands to a server without there being a way to detect it :icon_magician

You know, me, Doolittle, and the other 'anti-TKC' guys seem to be making up the majority of comments here :icon_laugh
So much for a community, you're just a bunch of outcasts fighting against a community :icon_thumbsup

fartface

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 05:53:48 pm »
They have gone a bit quiet havent they?   :icon_laugh My guess is they are scratching their lil heads wondering what to do with themselves now.  I find this really amusing, hows it feel to be laughed at TKC?   :icon_laugh

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 06:05:35 pm »
Lol, well I guess there is more to talk about when you've got different opinions.

Of course there are ways to detect things and in the same way there are ways to bypass those.

As you see we have only had one or maybe two complaints about the SCP being detected. Most people can use it without probs.

strykir

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 08:10:25 pm »
Lol, well I guess there is more to talk about when you've got different opinions.

Of course there are ways to detect things and in the same way there are ways to bypass those.

As you see we have only had one or maybe two complaints about the SCP being detected. Most people can use it without probs.
Most people who download SCP don't come to forums and don't say anything when it doesn't work for them. They probably try other servers or give up. You guys may think you know everything that happens and that your 'insiders' tell you everything, but that's BS.

SCP doesn't even have much to do with TK'ing or cheating. Locking up keyboards and crashing servers by spawning crap everywhere is going too far. Now because of you the ArmA players are locking some servers and finding ways to deal with you.
You say crashing servers is against your rules, well thats clearly a lie.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 10:42:23 pm »
You say crashing servers is against your rules, well thats clearly a lie.
As I told the other person who -claims- to run a quad core server...pull your head out of your ass and talk fact not fiction.
There is NO program in the SCP that crashes servers.

I have also noticed that people who have made such claims never say WHAT the name of their server is or try to send/post any logs.
N.M. from RN will tell you that if you -are- having a problem with server crashers that TKC will help.
Doolittle has made a script that prevents the XAM mod which crashes clients/servers from connecting.
Mullah Omar and /or Wesker deleted the link to King6's console.

So 4 or 5 of us in-out of TKC have been active in ending crashes...if you want to help then stick to facts not dreams.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

strykir

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 01:07:52 am »
So 4 or 5 of us in-out of TKC have been active in ending crashes...if you want to help then stick to facts not dreams.
SCP does not have any limits on how much crap you can spawn as far as I know. So it can't be hard to cause a crash with it.

Locking up someones keyboard forces them to shut down the game. It's just as bad as a crash.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 01:56:51 am »
SCP does not have any limits on how much crap you can spawn as far as I know. So it can't be hard to cause a crash with it.

ArmA does not have any limits on how much crap you can spawn as far as I know. So it can't be hard to cause a crash with it.

So let's stop play arma just because it can crash.  :icon_rolleyes2

MOHAMMED

• Cheater Apprentice
  • OFP and Arma MOST WANTED
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 01:25:54 am »
i just stop playing arma until 5th nov come ....... :icon_laugh
Online War Games Jihad Chief & TKC Partener.