Author Topic: Been thinking about buying ArmA...  (Read 763 times)

XX55XX

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Been thinking about buying ArmA...
« on: October 17, 2007, 02:48:51 am »
I was reading the BIS forums the other night and quite a few posts amused me. Then I thought, why not join the action and buy a copy of ArmA? Although I'd probably be joining the ranks of the cheaters, I do have a few questions before I buy this game:

1. Sometimes, I would actually like to play a legitimate round without hacking or any rubbish like that. Tell me, how prevalent is hacking the game? Common, not so common, etc? Naturally, playing legit has its strengths sometimes.
2. How easy is it to code your own cheat scripts in ArmA? I do have a bit of Visual Basic 2005 experience and I would also like to code my own scripts, if and when it comes to using the SCP.
3. How long is the single player?
4. How realistic is it? I've played RO, but RO seemed to me like an average multiplayer shooter without crosshairs and with a more realistic approach when it comes to reloading weapons and such. Not bad, actually.

ArmA personally doesn't seem as though it is worth 40 dollars to me, but if it's total lulz with cheat scripts, then I am in.

I seriously think that cheating groups like TKC actually help companies like BIS by boosting sales by attracting potential buyers with "enhanced multiplayer features" who are "on the fence", so to speak. Personally speaking, I am somewhat on the edge of buying this game, largely for its multiplayer and mission maker aspects.

And naturally, the anti-cheaters always keep me entertained.

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
Re: Been thinking about buying ArmA...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 03:04:40 am »
Cheaters enjoy them selfs on every public server.
When I wanna play without using cheats & without cheaters I just join a passworded server.

The Illusive Man

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 03:27:54 am »
I was reading the BIS forums the other night and quite a few posts amused me. Then I thought, why not join the action and buy a copy of ArmA? Although I'd probably be joining the ranks of the cheaters, I do have a few questions before I buy this game:

1. Sometimes, I would actually like to play a legitimate round without hacking or any rubbish like that. Tell me, how prevalent is hacking the game? Common, not so common, etc? Naturally, playing legit has its strengths sometimes.
2. How easy is it to code your own cheat scripts in ArmA? I do have a bit of Visual Basic 2005 experience and I would also like to code my own scripts, if and when it comes to using the SCP.
3. How long is the single player?
4. How realistic is it? I've played RO, but RO seemed to me like an average multiplayer shooter without crosshairs and with a more realistic approach when it comes to reloading weapons and such. Not bad, actually.

ArmA personally doesn't seem as though it is worth 40 dollars to me, but if it's total lulz with cheat scripts, then I am in.

I seriously think that cheating groups like TKC actually help companies like BIS by boosting sales by attracting potential buyers with "enhanced multiplayer features" who are "on the fence", so to speak. Personally speaking, I am somewhat on the edge of buying this game, largely for its multiplayer and mission maker aspects.

And naturally, the anti-cheaters always keep me entertained.

Well myself I d/l a copy as I have not bought but ONE piece of software in over three decades...and that was -just- to get a box because I liked the artwork.

As far as cheating it's the same as any other on-line game which is to say...hacked all to hell and back.

As far as how realistic it is...it is as far above MoH,DoD,CoH,S.T.A.L.K.E.R. etc as they are above ASTRIODS.

As to a fair game as in ladder level...there are no know ladders other than ONE massive 100+ player server (that lags like no tomarrow) but you can always join a LOCKED clan server for that purpose.
Check out the RN website for information on a good square game. I myself will be doing that when I return to L.A. from my now 4 month long fishing trip in a few more weeks.
The guy that runs RN is a server reseller and many of the top clans in differant games use his service.
He has some of the -fastest- game server hosting to be found and builds his own servers...and OVERCLOCKS them as well!

Z

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Easy_tiger

• Klass Klown
  • ArmA Anti-Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 01:47:06 pm »
Well myself I d/l a copy as I have not bought but ONE piece of software in over three decades...and that was -just- to get a box because I liked the artwork.

lmao

i'll be honest i rarely pay for games as ive been burned to many times. Exceptions to this tho are BIS's products which ive always bought, seems only fair when i actually ENJOY a game and am still playing it after 2 days i buy it

ArmA is alot cheaper now, i bought my first copy for ?30 and my second copy for ?20 (oops i binned the 1st dvd lol) , if you go to those 2nd hand game swap shop places / ebay you can get it even cheaper.

I see no reason why you cant try b4 you buy tho

Hacking?
Well public servers have always been a touch and go affair its simply the way it is, from my experience in arma & ofp you never expect a seriously good game on a public server theres simply to many variables. As Wesker stated locked servers is the best way to enjoy ArmA online

Scripting?

Arma uses its own VM scripting language the syntax which is similar to C, it isnt that bad to pick up but isnt the nicest language to work with either. theres also alot of reference material on the net to help you out

Single Player?

Original campaign is a bit shite, QC addon is alot better

How realistic?

Sometime frustratingly realistic! On avg 2/3 shots and your dead (though mostly 1)