Author Topic: What is up with these damn servers???  (Read 6289 times)

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
Re: What is up with these damn servers???
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 10:00:39 pm »
When I talk about being productive, not destructive... have a look at http://armedassault.info/... here's a bunch of talented people moving the game forward. You all are just making poison.
This post dedicated to MP ArmA cheaters, you warthog faced buffoons. Why do you have to ruin my enjoyment of the game, pigs? You scare away players, you miserable, vomitus masses.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 10:17:11 pm »
I think when my script thing detects a cheater I'll have it say, "Shouldn't you be programming your egg game?"

I like that idea!

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 10:21:17 pm »
"Oh look ive just smashed my car into next doors house, oh well, as long as my house is ok i dont give a shit!

Advice for you plebs!  See a head doctor yeah?

Lol, again you're comparing real life with games. Think about it. Is it really us that need a "head doctor"?
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

fartface

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 11:12:43 pm »
Yawns  :icon_laugh

XX55XX

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 12:54:13 am »
Some of you guys obviously take video games a tad too seriously... That is all I will say.

And are cheaters really poisoning a developer's work? No, as long as the developers get proper compensation. Maybe if one is a mod developer, he can say that, but for people making games to earn their paychecks, it hardly matters, as long as they get that paycheck. Video games are controlled by the big media these days. They could care less about online cheating, as long as the cheaters buy their product!

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 06:52:44 am »
Doolittle,
I was looking at Gnat's Navy mod's today.
Really looks interesting.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 09:25:13 am »
Why are you telling me this?
This post dedicated to MP ArmA cheaters, you warthog faced buffoons. Why do you have to ruin my enjoyment of the game, pigs? You scare away players, you miserable, vomitus masses.

Evillor

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 09:54:28 am »
As XX55XX said, do you really think that BIS or any other game company cares about the player? once they have sold their game, they dont care what happens as long as the cash rolls in. I thought Wesker's response was pretty good actually, so if a sane response is "dense" to you doolittle, that says more about you than him.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 11:00:26 am »

Doolittle,
I was looking at Gnat's Navy mod's today.
Really looks interesting.

I thought that you like myself and others had an interest in the game.
After all is that not the purpose for all the mods and cheats in the first place?
If the game was total CRAP then nobody would care one way or another.

Personally I enjoy this game so much I don't bother to play all the others (I have everything...even stuff not out yet).

I do plan on joining in some sort of ladder contest when I return to L.A.,probably with some people who are not really liked allot by some of the TKC old timers from the OFP days.
I don't have a problem with cheating and fair play...each has a place for me to enjoy.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 11:11:44 am by ZOldDude »

Hamma_Kavula

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2007, 11:04:12 am »
Maybe they don't care but they probably should. Think about it, are you likely to buy a multilayer game in the future from a developer that has proved they could give a shit about securing the enjoyment for the masses who purchase their product? It's bad business and very short sighted.. AV devs on the other hand love it everytime a new virus hits critical mass striking terror into their consumer base and bolstering their sales.

Come to think of it maybe you guys should get some kickback from CodeMasters  :icon_laugh

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2007, 11:07:35 pm »
Well,
1) I have not had to buy software for over 30 years.
2) Get a AV/trojan/rootkit system that never needs a "definition" update.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2007, 11:28:38 pm »

because you are an idiot ?
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

Hamma_Kavula

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2007, 12:01:32 am »
Right, but you're one of the special people. Not really part of the target demographic

Junkz

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2007, 10:40:40 pm »
Well TKC is about personal freedom...period.
Some call it a "cheat site",some call it "a group of talented programmers" and then...some call it "devils children".

Isn't that what BIS did too?
Not really.
BIS like most game developers strives to create a product that can be sold to a publisher and thus make their 'hopeful' fortune.
All errors in programming that require "patch's" are part of contract with said publisher who buys...and now owns the "product".
That is the end game for them.

We can all see how this model has come up vastly lacking for the end buyer...while at the same time screwing the developer.
More so if they contract with the assholes at Take2 or any publishers that they own and control.

The model I put forth to the owner of TKC's URL avoids the Dev/Publisher/buyer-user-player pitfalls and comes up with what I myself think is the best possible product and at the same time the most rewarding to those involved in production.
No patches ever needed on an engine level.
All publication of demo controlled by TKC.
An engine that will power games for 10-15 years or longer with very few upgrades to handle new hardware.

Sure I help admin and protect a cheat site.
Sure I have no problems with certain server owners/resalers.
Sure I tell fascist/stateist minded people to kiss my ass (like all the time!)
Where is the problem?

ZOldDude this dream of your perfect game with no patching or updates..  Its abit far fetched whether man mad or completely machine made it will still have bugs and stuff people dont like about it.
10-15 yrs ...? no one will ever use an engine for more than 5 years or if they did it would prolly be upgraded or even  PATCHED   ;)
Dude you dreaming, wake up and smell reality cus it stinks.

because you are an idiot ?

Like most comments from a 15 yr old kid, cant answer the question and has to go offensive.
Admins have the right to ban

Junkz

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2007, 10:48:04 pm »
They all seem to keep crashing its such a pain in the ass

If you didnt cheat on the servers the anticheats wouldnt crash them out, Simple answer really.
Admins have the right to ban