Author Topic: What is up with these damn servers???  (Read 6292 times)

HDMI Man

• Intentional Cheater
  • Nothing is bad or good, but thinking makes it so.
    • View Profile
What is up with these damn servers???
« on: October 08, 2007, 01:27:43 pm »
They all seem to keep crashing its such a pain in the ass

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
Re: What is up with these damn servers???
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 02:42:17 pm »
Buggy scripts (esp the new anticheat ones, some mods like XAM) and bad error handling in the software.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

Nutty101

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 12:34:58 am »
Also seems to be quite a few people going to the unix server beta. Seem to be issues there.

[TKC]Anothercheater

• Heckler Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 02:16:03 am »
oooooh they got a linux server released??

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 04:25:28 am »
Also seems to be quite a few people going to the unix server beta. Seem to be issues there.

Beta...hehehe.
Lets wait and see how long it takes them to get that debugged to revision 1.0 

I wonder what it is the Dev's drink over there...and if they want to take on a few new apprentices who are willing to work for free?

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 05:06:24 am »
Since when did you guys ever do anything constructive and beneficial to human society??

Also, we're not Anti-Cheat, we're Pro-Game and you're Anti-Game.

Just like Pro-Lifers don't want to be called Anti-Choice and Pro-Choicers don't want to be called Anti-Life or Pro-Death.
This post dedicated to MP ArmA cheaters, you warthog faced buffoons. Why do you have to ruin my enjoyment of the game, pigs? You scare away players, you miserable, vomitus masses.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 05:51:42 am »
Since when did you guys ever do anything constructive and beneficial to human society??

Just like Pro-Lifers don't want to be called Anti-Choice and Pro-Choicers don't want to be called Anti-Life or Pro-Death.

'You guys" as in -me-?
Hahaha.....you really don't know me that well I can see.

Don't worry about it and/or lose any sleep over it but the best and largest server resellers AND all the cheaters know me well enough....and they all love me.
I am pro-freedom by the way.

"constructive and beneficial to human society"
That is what TKC is all about.
Freedom is the most beneficial thing in the world outside of food and water.

Some people have also called me Zorro.  :wink2
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 06:07:52 am by ZOldDude »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 06:04:38 am »

Mmmm....a bit incorrect.

You are a "want to be" anti cheat maker.
TKC -is- Pro-Game for the player and -does- what it sets out to do...you just don't want to admit those points of fact.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 06:11:25 am by ZOldDude »

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 06:35:16 am »
Anti-Game

Just to address this one term...use the SEARCH function and look for the game TKC is building which we will host FREE to the world.

All the best programmers we have found,working for free to give the world a top shelf all new game engine and the first disk hosted by us at our expense for all.

Of course the hook to that is it will be a demo...a very LARGE demo...and after "X" amount of free downloads (hosted and mirrored) we intend to reward those involved with profit from sales of a series of highest level games based on our "TKC Game Engine" for decades to come,which will be licenced for the bases of all the very best games for well over a decade from it's public debut....before we revise it to keep up with hardware.

Freedom draws talent.

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 08:24:18 am »
So you are making a game, putting time into it. Taking the time to debug it. Do the art and sound and all that other stuff.

Isn't that what BIS did too? Why are you destroying someone else's hard work? Why are you attacking their blood and sweat with your cheats? I would think someone who worked on a project over a long period of time would learn to appreciate other people doing similar things.

If you make the greatest game in the world, that still doesn't change the history that is being recorded here and now of you all being jerks to other people online. You've drawn out something allright... you've drawn out the bullies. Even if they are talented, they're still losers. Picking on other people who come home after working long hours to just sit down and enjoy a relaxing game when you guys show up, lock up Joe's keyboard, drop bombs and leave. Yeah, that's real talent. More like abuse.

Doolittle
(Signing my name because I'm proud of this rebuttal. But sad that it's such an obvious rebuttal that you guys hadn't even thought of because a conscious is beyond you.)
This post dedicated to MP ArmA cheaters, you warthog faced buffoons. Why do you have to ruin my enjoyment of the game, pigs? You scare away players, you miserable, vomitus masses.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 09:07:25 am »
Well TKC is about personal freedom...period.
Some call it a "cheat site",some call it "a group of talented programmers" and then...some call it "devils children".

Isn't that what BIS did too?
Not really.
BIS like most game developers strives to create a product that can be sold to a publisher and thus make their 'hopeful' fortune.
All errors in programming that require "patch's" are part of contract with said publisher who buys...and now owns the "product".
That is the end game for them.

We can all see how this model has come up vastly lacking for the end buyer...while at the same time screwing the developer.
More so if they contract with the assholes at Take2 or any publishers that they own and control.

The model I put forth to the owner of TKC's URL avoids the Dev/Publisher/buyer-user-player pitfalls and comes up with what I myself think is the best possible product and at the same time the most rewarding to those involved in production.
No patches ever needed on an engine level.
All publication of demo controlled by TKC.
An engine that will power games for 10-15 years or longer with very few upgrades to handle new hardware.

Sure I help admin and protect a cheat site.
Sure I have no problems with certain server owners/resalers.
Sure I tell fascist/stateist minded people to kiss my ass (like all the time!)
Where is the problem?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 10:10:57 am by ZOldDude »

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 10:07:02 am »
Why are you destroying someone else's hard work?
Who?
Me?
The Staff of TKC?
The Mods of TKC?
The posters of TKC?
The millions each month that visit and read TKC?

Just who the hell are you referring to when you claim "you" are "destroying" people works?

fartface

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 05:55:46 pm »
Your abusing other peoples freedom to play a game with a set group of strangers who also want to also play it that way, you may argue about the locked servers but i have little time for clans!

Doolittle mate, it seriously isnt worth wasting the energy you use typing to these morons!  They contradict themselvs with the feeble excuses they always seem to think they are outsmarting you with.  They seem to think your free time spent online just doesnt physically take place due to it being online.  Those countless hours ranking yourself up is just nothing to them.  They are just selfish morons who think its amusing to watch peoples fun get ruined by their inability to actually comprehend the negativity that their involvment is having within the community!  Saying that, im guessing that in thier ideal world there would be no order or rules, just people generally doing what ever they want to do.

"Oh look ive just smashed my car into next doors house, oh well, as long as my house is ok i dont give a shit!

Advice for you plebs!  See a head doctor yeah?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 06:42:17 pm by fartface »

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 07:14:58 pm »
Advice for you plebs!  See a head doctor yeah?
If I did see one, what makes you think he's gonna question me about my online play style?

The Illusive Man

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 09:23:29 pm »
ff, you're right. Their response just then was pretty dense too. I suppose for the Justice System they don't talk the criminals out of doing crime, they just lock them up. I suppose putting up protective measures is the only way to deal with these losers.

I think when my script thing detects a cheater I'll have it say, "Shouldn't you be programming your egg game?" before it locks them.