Author Topic: Making money off of you  (Read 7817 times)

strykir

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
Re: Making money off of you
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2007, 10:09:07 pm »
Lol, now now Matty no need to get upset, it's only a game.  :icon_laugh
I'm not really upset - hell, I've got much more important stuff to deal with right now. I just think it's kinda sad. Instead of making a small mod for ArmA that people could enjoy, I could have made cheats. Without the sig system ArmA has no cheat protection whatsoever. It's easy to make those little scripts that spawn crap, or alter weapons. But I didn't, and I never will make cheats to give me an unfair advantage or ruin the game for others. I know it's just a game, but a game should be fun and not have the experience ruined by assholes.

You can claim I waste my life on hacking but the truth is it took less than 20mins of looking at the protection & it was broken.
Good for you.

You seem a bit old to act so childish. Man, you're older than me. I've seen worse, but still  :icon_rolleyes2

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2007, 10:14:45 pm »
Childish?
I have only laughed at the silly things you have wrote, that's all.
Anyway I'm done with back and forth talking with you.

Video is almost done.

The Illusive Man

strykir

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2007, 10:20:31 pm »
Childish?
I have only laughed at the silly things you have wrote, that's all.
I wasn't just referring to what you said, but the whole cheating thing. It seems you're also pretty stupid for your age.

Anyway I'm done with back and forth talking with you.
:icon_laugh
I thought you losers liked attention
 :icon_razz2

Video is almost done.
I'm so excited, I can't wait to see a video of you joining a server. Probably with gay music playing  :icon_rolleyes2  :icon_razz2

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2007, 11:26:04 pm »
It seems you're also pretty stupid for your age.

Lol, sometimes I wounder how I got through Uni.
:icon_fluut

The Illusive Man

strykir

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2007, 11:44:34 pm »
It seems you're also pretty stupid for your age.

Lol, sometimes I wounder how I got through Uni.
:icon_fluut
As if that makes you cool  :icon_rolleyes2

:icon_razz2

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2007, 03:11:13 am »
Bypassing protection when the TOOLS that make the protection are free to d/l is an easy thing to do and no harder than "encrypted software" that a game is able to read...the tools or the game disk hold all needed information.

Want to try a higher challenge?
Try to open an 8 character .rar file.
Last time I did that it took under one minute...ask K@os of the SCA Vietcong clan.

By the way I was 72 this July.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

strykir

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2007, 03:55:21 pm »
Bypassing protection when the TOOLS that make the protection are free to d/l is an easy thing to do and no harder than "encrypted software" that a game is able to read...the tools or the game disk hold all needed information.
So you are saying that the encryption is cracked and you can now sign addons with anyone's signature, using only their public key/existing signitures? That's pretty damn serious if you can. I just got the impression that you couldn't do that from Suma's post and that makes me unsure.

By the way I was 72 this July.
Had no idea you were that old. Makes it even more surprising that you're here.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2007, 10:16:14 pm »
I just got the impression that you couldn't do that from Suma's post

It's enough to stop/slow most people but you can not make anything secure if the TOOLS or the games INSTALL disk are in hand.

The tools part should be obvious...the game install disk perhaps not so.

IE: To protect a game you create a new class/extention of encypeted files that people can NOT open.
The problem is that the GAME needs to open them and has the key tool/decryptor information on it!

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

petr-van

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2007, 02:00:08 pm »
I know something about cryptography (I have already used it my job for some comm tools for my clients), and what you write seems strange to me. The addons seem not to be encrypted at all - they are signed. The difference here is for decryption you need a private key, but for signature authentication the public one is enough. You can reverse engineer the "signature" verification as much as you want, and you should find what algorithm is used (most likely some RSA or AES variant?), but unless BS implemented something very wrong (which is possible, jugding by how many bugs they have in their games), you will not get a private key, and you will therefore not get a way to re-sign the addon.

On the same principle all e-mail digital signatures are constructed, or web site authentication. If you are really able to re-sign the modified addon, you could proly apply for a Nobel prize or something  :icon_o_o, because on the fact this is not possible a lot of real-world security is based on this, and nobody was able to beat it so far (which is why most attacks are based on exploiting SW bugs unrelated to the crypto algos, or by exploiting human factor, which is most often the weakest link).

Just my 2 cs.
Only fools rush in.

strykir

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2007, 05:57:23 pm »
I know something about cryptography (I have already used it my job for some comm tools for my clients), and what you write seems strange to me. The addons seem not to be encrypted at all - they are signed. The difference here is for decryption you need a private key, but for signature authentication the public one is enough. You can reverse engineer the "signature" verification as much as you want, and you should find what algorithm is used (most likely some RSA or AES variant?), but unless BS implemented something very wrong (which is possible, jugding by how many bugs they have in their games), you will not get a private key, and you will therefore not get a way to re-sign the addon.

On the same principle all e-mail digital signatures are constructed, or web site authentication. If you are really able to re-sign the modified addon, you could proly apply for a Nobel prize or something  :icon_o_o, because on the fact this is not possible a lot of real-world security is based on this, and nobody was able to beat it so far (which is why most attacks are based on exploiting SW bugs unrelated to the crypto algos, or by exploiting human factor, which is most often the weakest link).

Just my 2 cs.

Thanks. That is why I think they're just using some workaround. Of course they refuse to say anything  :icon_rolleyes2

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2007, 08:24:42 pm »
I know you have this "thing" about Weskers and it's fine with me if you guys want to go back and forth with each other all day long...but I told you how it was,gave you some examples and then you got a hi res video to put the truth in font of your eyes.

If what you REALLY want is the moded tool then just say so.
I have already stated that I am against this being handed out...but if ONE person gets it then it is only fair that EVERYONE should have it.
Right?

By the way do you want to see Nutty's sniffer program freak out?

strykir

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2007, 09:53:47 pm »
I know you have this "thing" about Weskers and it's fine with me if you guys want to go back and forth with each other all day long...but I told you how it was,gave you some examples and then you got a hi res video to put the truth in font of your eyes.
Yea yea. I never said I didn't believe you about being able to get past the verification. I just doubt that you can actually sign stuff with other people's signatures. As I said, I just think it's an exploit. One that could possibly be fixed.

If what you REALLY want is the moded tool then just say so.
I have already stated that I am against this being handed out...but if ONE person gets it then it is only fair that EVERYONE should have it.
Right?
No I don't want it. I don't think a tool like that should ever be released.

By the way do you want to see Nutty's sniffer program freak out?
Err, no. Why? You found a way to make it crash or something?

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2007, 12:00:38 am »
I just doubt that you can actually sign stuff with other people's signatures.
Easy as eating pie.
As I said, I just think it's an exploit. One that could possibly be fixed.
Nope...and it can't be "fixed".
See,we agree.
You found a way to make it crash or something?
Crash? Why would anyone here want to crash anything?
That poorly programmed XAM mod or whatever it was called was what was crashing everything while haters blamed TKC for it.

Perhaps on November the 5Th people will notice some odd goings on.

strykir

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2007, 01:43:45 am »
I just doubt that you can actually sign stuff with other people's signatures.
Easy as eating pie.
Are you serious? I just find that hard to believe. Would you be willing to prove that by posting a signature using someone else's key? Then again maybe I shouldn't ask for that.
As I said, I just think it's an exploit. One that could possibly be fixed.
Nope...and it can't be "fixed".
Well that sucks
See,we agree.
But it's going to be released regardless?
You found a way to make it crash or something?
Crash? Why would anyone here want to crash anything?
That poorly programmed XAM mod or whatever it was called was what was crashing everything while haters blamed TKC for it.

Perhaps on November the 5Th people will notice some odd goings on.
Then what did you mean by seeing the program freak out? You found a way to fool it or what?
Some mass cheat/TK event on Nov 5th?

And I know about the XAM mod. Problem is that the server and all clients need to be running the mod because of it's features. When someone doesn't have it and it tries to do something that the non-mod machines can't handle - crash.

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2007, 03:25:07 am »
FOR THE RECORD I am not nor will I ever charge for anti-cheat stuff. Yes, I am responsible for the thing that is currently stopping SCP from working on some servers but they were not charged for that. It was free and can be sent to you too if you are trustworthy.

Doolittle
This post dedicated to MP ArmA cheaters, you warthog faced buffoons. Why do you have to ruin my enjoyment of the game, pigs? You scare away players, you miserable, vomitus masses.