Author Topic: Making money off of you  (Read 7818 times)

strykir

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
Re: Making money off of you
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 06:08:45 pm »
The new BI Sig program has already been cracked and turned into a cheat making tool so you can see how fast these guys work.
Really? No surprise there. Got any more info on that?

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 06:22:45 pm »
The new BI Sig program has already been cracked and turned into a cheat making tool so you can see how fast these guys work.

Read this thread and look at post # 3...
http://tkc-community.net/forum/index.php?topic=6332.0
Nothing has changed other than the tools are now public and have been applied to make cheats pass BI's Sig verification.
Now thanks to BI...all TKC cheats can be "official" on protected servers.
I am sure you will see examples as moders and servers start using the tools.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

strykir

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2007, 06:35:16 pm »

Read this thread and look at post # 3...
http://tkc-community.net/forum/index.php?topic=6332.0
Nothing has changed other than the tools are now public and have been applied to make cheats pass BI's Sig verification.
Now thanks to BI...all TKC cheats can be "official" on protected servers.

That ancient thread doesn't tell me anything. Can you show me where/how these tools have been applied to make cheats? Or at least show me some proof?

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007, 06:41:25 pm »
So you can run off and snitch about it  :icon_laugh

The Illusive Man

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2007, 06:50:59 pm »

Probably so he can be insulting on YouTube.

strykir asks:
That ancient thread doesn't tell me anything. Can you show me where/how these tools have been applied to make cheats? Or at least show me some proof?
Z said:

As I said READ post #3 in that thread...it basically tells you everything you would ever need to know about anti-cheat efforts/programs and TKC programming for any game,at any point in time,forever and always.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

strykir

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2007, 07:28:50 pm »
Assuming the devs read these forums, why would I need to? They are doing their own thing. I realise you all know who I am, that doesn't bother me.

As I said READ post #3 in that thread...it basically tells you everything you would ever need to know about anti-cheat efforts/programs and TKC programming for any game,at any point in time,forever and always.
It doesn't tell me anything new, and doesn't answer my question.

bando

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
    • where i am?
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2007, 07:39:38 pm »
lost ten minutes of my time reading this topic :(

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2007, 08:22:27 pm »
I realise you all know who I am, that doesn't bother me.

Doesn't bother me either and I would be the last person to rat you out.

Myself I would like to fish the area near you.
Starting in July I've doing my work via the internet while I have been traveling California fishing. Last week the salmon started to reach Lake Oroville (highest dam in the USA) at the top of the Feather River.
I got a 23 lb'er....rather small for this type of fish but I am using ultra lite tackle with 4 lb test line.

bando

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
    • where i am?
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2007, 08:42:07 pm »
...I am using ultra lite tackle with 4 lb test line.

OMG , no surprise we re world champions every year then!

Evillor

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2007, 08:44:15 pm »
No, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I am not wanting to take you on legally. I was trying to clear things up with you for my sake, since I would be mentioning your product in any write up we do. Like "this system will protect you from users of the SuperCheatPack".

...and the idea that I am making money off of your actions per say. I am not a legal person, just a programmer. So I was just musing.. using the word hypothetical, etc.

And I am expecting you to defeat this so-called system. That is why I plan on having an update program. By program, I don't mean computer program, but a monthly fee for any update that comes out. You need to understand how much money people are spending on these servers. It's rather big business. With you guys coming along and ruining that.. ecosystem... I could come in and set the balance.

I suppose a lot of comparisons could be made: graffiti artists tag up the city and then photographers come along, take pictures and sell this book, making money off of someone else's work. Home invasion alarms and window bars are sold because people fear criminals. The whole world is full of examples of people making the best of the situation if you will... the one good thing I'm hoping for is that what you guys have made is rather illegal and so I wouldn't need to worry about paying anyone anything (BIS is grateful for this system so you are all that's left in the equation.). Just like the book people didn't have to pay the graffiti artists. Just like the news doesn't have to pay the murders in the world when they report on them in their show.

Again, this is all hypothetical.

Doolittle

I hope your little venture will be all legitimate. As in if your making money of it, you are tax registered with a small business license depending on where you are based. I would hate for someone to report you doolittle and have you in any trouble. By the way i enjoyed playing on your server the other day, was lots of fun. 

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2007, 09:27:11 pm »
When did I get a server?
This post dedicated to MP ArmA cheaters, you warthog faced buffoons. Why do you have to ruin my enjoyment of the game, pigs? You scare away players, you miserable, vomitus masses.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2007, 03:42:44 am »
...I am using ultra lite tackle with 4 lb test line.

OMG , no surprise we re world champions every year then!

Hey...thats not Ultra Lite gear!

Evillor

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2007, 08:36:05 am »
When did I get a server?

Well it was either your server, a server you are admin, or someone using Doolittle as a name.

strykir

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2007, 07:00:00 pm »
I realise you all know who I am, that doesn't bother me.

Doesn't bother me either and I would be the last person to rat you out.
Rat me out? For what?  :icon_razz2
Myself I would like to fish the area near you.
Starting in July I've doing my work via the internet while I have been traveling California fishing. Last week the salmon started to reach Lake Oroville (highest dam in the USA) at the top of the Feather River.
I got a 23 lb'er....rather small for this type of fish but I am using ultra lite tackle with 4 lb test line.
LOL man whatever. You want to fly all the way here?  :icon_teehee

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2007, 09:25:54 pm »
When I was young I wanted to pork as many chicks as I could before I died,now that I am -allot- older I want to fish every country on the planet.