Author Topic: Making money off of you  (Read 7819 times)

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
Making money off of you
« on: September 21, 2007, 12:49:19 am »
You know how McAfee and Symantec only really exist because there are virus makers out there?

Hypothetically speaking, if I had created a system that allowed server operators to keep their server free from SCP users specifically, would you have issue with me charging money for this system? If I charged for updates every time you guys released a new version, and I was able to make money off of that too, just like virus makers release new viruses all the time and McAfee has to release updates... would you take issue?

I just want to make sure because I stand on the morally high ground looking down on you. I would hate to lower myself in any way.

Doolittle
This post dedicated to MP ArmA cheaters, you warthog faced buffoons. Why do you have to ruin my enjoyment of the game, pigs? You scare away players, you miserable, vomitus masses.

CoLT

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Making money off of you
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 01:32:51 am »
ban

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 01:39:52 am »
So, you're asking us for what we think about morale because you're "on the morally high ground looking down" on us? Where did the logics go?

However, you're free to do it, and naturally we won't like it, because it will limit our freedom. But you'll fail  :icon_laugh

ban

nono, maybe on their forum, but not here.  :icon_thumbsup
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 01:50:37 am »
would you have issue with me charging money for this system

I don't see this as a vast commercial endever unlike the games developer or publisher using anything that is copyrighted by TKC...they would get sued mostly because the I.P. attorneys here in Los Angeles would see them as "deep pockets".

If you can get server owners to "donate" then it is not the same thing in my mind and I wish you the best for your efforts.
Lord only knows you will be forever busy.

Another way of looking at it and more correctly stated is you are NOT "Making money off of you
" as the thread title is worded but making money BECUASE of TKC.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 01:56:03 am by ZOldDude »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 01:57:20 am »
As far as legal issues, who speaks for SuperCheatPack (also known as SCP) as a product? I mean, who will be saying, "That is okay"? Am I correct in assuming ZOldDude is the "voice" of this organization?

Doolittle
This post dedicated to MP ArmA cheaters, you warthog faced buffoons. Why do you have to ruin my enjoyment of the game, pigs? You scare away players, you miserable, vomitus masses.

[TKC]Anothercheater

• Heckler Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 02:52:42 am »
As far as legal issues, who speaks for SuperCheatPack (also known as SCP) as a product? I mean, who will be saying, "That is okay"? Am I correct in assuming ZOldDude is the "voice" of this organization?

Doolittle

No, everyone in here has the same right of voice and TKC is not an organisation in the sence of laws, its a multiplayer/online cheating and teamkilling community (TKC=TeamKill and Cheat community).

So since we are not breaking any existing or non exisiting "ANTI MULTIPLAYER CHEATING ACT" we must be breaking some kind of moral which is pretty funny because your trying to clear up our minds by trying to "lower" or make our self esteem look lower than what it actually is?

I'm not sure what your trying to say by your last posts, but are maybe trying to say that you want to start a new anti-cheat war with us which would be fun because it would be fun for us to break your system and it would be fun for you to break our system again and make money out of something as long as the server owners are willing to pay money every time or once to get a so called "supercheat free" server? The winner will be the one who has more time/resources to develop all this (cheat/anticheat).

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 03:29:20 am »
You know how McAfee and Symantec only really exist because there are virus makers out there?

Hypothetically speaking, if I had created a system that allowed server operators to keep their server free from SCP users specifically, would you have issue with me charging money for this system? If I charged for updates every time you guys released a new version, and I was able to make money off of that too, just like virus makers release new viruses all the time and McAfee has to release updates... would you take issue?

I just want to make sure because I stand on the morally high ground looking down on you. I would hate to lower myself in any way.

Doolittle

truth is i can do this without even thinking but the truth is if i was about to release it would i post it on a cheat forums , unless i was a: a dickhead or b: a fucking idiot ?

dont ban him lets see what he has to say
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

MrMedic

• MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 03:34:29 am »

Doolittle

release your anticheat , and i will smash it free of charge , and no zold dude is respected here but he does not speak for all of us , im a bit of a loaner and i am the one here at the moment who if you make n ac will destroy it , good luck it will be fun taking it apart :)

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 03:37:02 am »

Doolittle

Me?
Only in part.

I am one of the Admin who has full control of the forums as opposed to a Moderator of a section.
In regards to any legal issues involving violation of TKC copyright...which is what I think your asking about...it would need to be decided at a point in time that the sysop and other admin deem necessary.

Hosting was set up in L.A. California for a reason.
It is basically understood among the sysops staff of admin that any court case involving the site/forums be held in Los Angeles, California U.S.A. and that I be the person who represents the sysops interests. Such cases are likely to involve international scope and law and be very costly to those bringing suit/tort against TKC.
Any such action that is not a violation of US or Californian law are doomed from the start.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

MrMedic

• MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 03:42:01 am »

Doolittle

Me?
Only in part.

I am one of the Admin who has full control of the forums as opposed to a Moderator of a section.
In regards to any legal issues involving violation of TKC copyright...which is what I think your asking about...it would need to be decided at a point in time that the sysop and other admin deem necessary.

Hosting was set up in L.A. California for a reason.
It is basically understood among the sysops staff of admin that any court case involving the site/forums be held in Los Angeles, California U.S.A. and that I be the person who represents the sysops interests. Such cases are likely to involve international scope and law and be very costly to those bringing suit/tort against TKC.
Any such action that is not a violation of US or Californian law are doomed from the start.

they wont take any action lol , they havent got the resoursces half of them are still in mom and dads house not even paying rent m8 , your just justifying their presence by replying to them.

d3dsh33p

• Online Villain
  • fuck shit wtf is happening
    • View Profile
    • the harrasment authority
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 05:55:13 am »

Doolittle

huh?

entire businesses were created after people like us man :icon_thumbsup

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 06:12:18 am »
No, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I am not wanting to take you on legally. I was trying to clear things up with you for my sake, since I would be mentioning your product in any write up we do. Like "this system will protect you from users of the SuperCheatPack".

...and the idea that I am making money off of your actions per say. I am not a legal person, just a programmer. So I was just musing.. using the word hypothetical, etc.

And I am expecting you to defeat this so-called system. That is why I plan on having an update program. By program, I don't mean computer program, but a monthly fee for any update that comes out. You need to understand how much money people are spending on these servers. It's rather big business. With you guys coming along and ruining that.. ecosystem... I could come in and set the balance.

I suppose a lot of comparisons could be made: graffiti artists tag up the city and then photographers come along, take pictures and sell this book, making money off of someone else's work. Home invasion alarms and window bars are sold because people fear criminals. The whole world is full of examples of people making the best of the situation if you will... the one good thing I'm hoping for is that what you guys have made is rather illegal and so I wouldn't need to worry about paying anyone anything (BIS is grateful for this system so you are all that's left in the equation.). Just like the book people didn't have to pay the graffiti artists. Just like the news doesn't have to pay the murders in the world when they report on them in their show.

Again, this is all hypothetical.

Doolittle

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 06:50:04 am »
You need to understand how much money people are spending on these servers. It's rather big business.
I know allot of people who sale game servers so I know what the prices are for both them and their customers.

the one good thing I'm hoping for is that what you guys have made is rather illegal
Not in the least bit illegal...that is one of the functions I serve for the sysop,to make certain he has no problems along that train.

And I am expecting you to defeat this so-called system.
Good because I also expect the same.
The new BI Sig program has already been cracked and turned into a cheat making tool so you can see how fast these guys work.

That is why I plan on having an update program. By program, I don't mean computer program, but a monthly fee for any update that comes out.
Like I said these guys will keep you busy and I hope your able to earn a few "donations" for your efforts.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 09:35:52 am by ZOldDude »

[TKC]Symantic

• The Indifferent Character
  • The Central Committee
  • Heckler
  • I can has personal text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 10:18:04 am »
You want me to be a programmer on your anti-cheat system, i swear i wont tell anyone your secrets  :icon_devil
*thinks to self*
just to fool you into thinking that, i will charge 10 dollars an hour....
i hope you bite.

oops did i say that out loud?

Enjoy your creative game-play, whatever that may include.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 04:19:54 pm »
Z has almost been here from the start, he has a lot of experience and usually has a focus towards community/user relations and security. All decisions the Central Committee makes are discussed with him (and the rest of the CC of course).

I suppose a lot of comparisons could be made: graffiti artists tag up the city and then photographers come along, take pictures and sell this book, making money off of someone else's work.

That's how the economy works. Employers pay you less than what you give them through your work. That's how they make profit. However, you should be checking with BIS. I think they've stated that you can't make money on their products. I doubt you'll re-distribute any of our releases.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.