Author Topic: ArmA SCP v1.0 OFFICIAL Release  (Read 44416 times)

Easy_tiger

• Klass Klown
  • ArmA Anti-Christ
    • View Profile
Re: ArmA SCP v1.0 OFFICIAL Release
« Reply #120 on: October 02, 2007, 08:41:36 pm »

Back in L.A. I sleep with my windows open ... and my Ruger simi-auto is on my hip at home.

rofl

Well here in the UK firearms are locked down pretty tight and i think its a good idea, giving everyone guns and letting god sort em out isnt a good idea in my book!  :icon_razz2  But hey thats a topic waaay outside the scope of this topic  :icon_biggrin2

I'll have to make do with my chainsaw, woodaxe and machete if any unwanted guests some calling  :icon_laugh

HDMI Man

• Intentional Cheater
  • Nothing is bad or good, but thinking makes it so.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2007, 12:02:06 pm »
I havent really been working on fixing the problem with the "playerremove action" command kinda been buzy with other things but if someone could give me alittle jump, then i will get back on it. I just need to figure out what to do first off.

I still think i need to make a sqs file that clears the menu thorough a script but im not exactly sure what it is that i have to put in the script

Example:

This execute clearmenu.sqs if menu select action "true"

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2007, 07:10:54 am »

Back in L.A. I sleep with my windows open ... and my Ruger simi-auto is on my hip at home.

rofl

Well here in the UK firearms are locked down pretty tight and i think its a good idea, giving everyone guns and letting god sort em out isnt a good idea in my book!  :icon_razz2  But hey thats a topic waaay outside the scope of this topic  :icon_biggrin2

I'll have to make do with my chainsaw, woodaxe and machete if any unwanted guests some calling  :icon_laugh

Yeah...
In the UK for the past decade firearms in the hands of the people has been removed.
Durring the past decade crime with firearms has gone up.
The Bobby now carries a firearm in many city's.

Also in the UK crimes with firearms are regulated down to differant crimes so that the tourist from EU do not feel afraid to come visit and spend tourist money.
The UK in fact has a much higher crime rate with firearms than the US which has a KNOWN six firearms per person in general circulation.
Given the share amount of firearms in the US vrs population (over 300,000,000 known people) it in fact has the lowest crime rate with firearms in the world.

The facts are that when people are disarmed that crime (in general) goes up.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 07:30:54 am by ZOldDude »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Easy_tiger

• Klass Klown
  • ArmA Anti-Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2007, 06:27:56 pm »
In the UK for the past decade firearms in the hands of the people has been removed

True, but actually 2 decades instead of 1.  Incidents such as the Dunblane Massacre (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_massacre) and   the Hungerford massacre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungerford_massacre) did change things for good reason.  In addition the increase of firearms brought in ad used by organised crime from abroad (normally ex soviet era stuff like ArmA lol but you can get allsorts now ) has also played its part in the strengthening of UK firearms laws. 

Durring the past decade crime with firearms has gone up.

True but again more like 2 decades instead of 1. Again this increase is gang/crime/drug related and firearm crime became more prevalent from the 80's when hard drugs became big money. Before then firearm crime was generally a very rare affair normally associated with armed robbers and the occasonal murder. Today guns are the way to protect the hard drug dealer/organised criminal.
You almost never see stories like "Joe shot his girlfriend dead in a dispute" here in the UK, its nearly all gang related killings (and innocent as theres the inevitable  collateral damage). Also such crimes are always occurring exclusively in large cities. The majority of the non city based population will probably never see a gun raised in anger in their lifetime (with the exception of the occasional shotgun/rifle if trespassing lol).

also read this page it gives you all the facts you need about the situation in the UK both current and historical:
http://www.crimeinfo.org.uk/servlet/factsheetservlet?command=viewfactsheet&factsheetid=102&category=factsheets

The Bobby now carries a firearm in many city's.

Wrong there. The average bobby is not armed with a firearm. Each force will have  "Armed Response Teams" which are deployed to support the average bobby in the event of firearms being encountered. The bobby you see on tv protecting airports etc are not average bobbies. Even Armed Police dont have it easy, do you know that  they have to make a written account of each round expended and is suspended from service until the death he/she caused is investigated?

"Currently just under 7,000 officers in England and Wales carry firearms ? about one in ten of the Metropolitan police in London and 5% elsewhere."

Also in the UK crimes with firearms are regulated down to different crimes so that the tourist from EU do not feel afraid to come visit and spend tourist money.

Errr heres a section from that page above:

What does the law say?

* In 1997, following the murders of 16 school children and a teacher in a primary school in Scotland, the government introduced two         
      Firearms Amendment Acts. These acts banned almost all handguns across Britain. More than 162,000 handguns were handed in to local   
      police following an amnesty.
    * Shotguns and rifles are still allowed for hunting and sports target practice but require strict licences and must be kept in safes. Assault 
      rifles are banned.
    * The government has brought in a mandatory minimum five-year prison sentence for illegal possession of a firearm.
    * It is illegal to carry an air weapon, whether loaded or not, or a replica firearm in public.
    * Children under 17 may only use an air weapon under the direct supervision of someone over 21 years of age.
    * You must be 17 to buy an air weapon.

Thats pretty clear to me or any visitor of the eu.

The UK in fact has a much higher crime rate with firearms than the US which has a KNOWN six firearms per person in general circulation.
Given the share amount of firearms in the US vrs population (over 300,000,000 known people) it in fact has the lowest crime rate with firearms in the world.

Another section of the above gun crime info page:

"If the USA and England and Wales had the same population size, the USA would have 34 times the number of shooting homicides that the UK has."

"The UK has a much lower rate of these deaths than most countries.  For example, Switzerland and Canada have three times the number of shooting deaths."

In the UK the reason firearms laws are so strict is because by general consensus the UK population wants stricter firearms laws, that is where the UK and USA differ.

And the fact of the matter is that if someone wants to rob,  kill , injure or intimidate someone else they will. By making firearms illegal it takes away the 'easy' option.

OMG i dont think ive ever written that much in a post lol
And what is has to do with the SCP rls i have no idea!

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2007, 11:43:30 pm »
Well I could go on for hours about % of population vs crime in countries around the world.

In the UK to keep "gun crimes" low only -convections- are reported while in the US -arrests- are counted...and the UK actively seeks to move the charges to a non-firearm crime to keep the EU tourists coming in.

Want to be murdered or kidnapped?
Go visit Columbia!

Want to get beat up and robbed (more than in the UK)?
Go visit Australia!

Sick and tired of all that sort of bullshit?
Move to northern California...or better yet Vermont!

In Vermont NO adult needs a permit to carry a hidden firearm and they have the LOWEST violent crime in the US...yet they are surrounded by states with very anti-firearm bs laws which have the HIGHEST crime rates.

Anyhow the reason that the People here in the US have a Right to -own and use- firearms is NOT for hunting,NOT for sport,NOT to lower crime but to be able to fight the armies of the government if need be.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2007, 12:48:12 am »
You can probably find countries with both higher and lower crime rates than the US, that also don't allow guns without a license. I would say there are other factors that are influencing crime than gun ownership.

Anyhow, no politics. Back on topic.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

TKCfuckheads

« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2007, 10:06:23 am »
So wesker why the sig change.... I thought we had something.... you're breaking my heart :icon_cry2
Fixed!

lol, sweet thx man... so you love me again, it kinda looks rushed I reckon you can do a better job... you know with all the skill you write ya cheats with............

HDMI Man

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2007, 10:33:51 am »
Hmm i dont know exactly why but on a certain berzerk server my keyboard locks up and i cant do anything but alt F4 back to the desktop screen im not exactly sure if this has anything to do with the cheat pack or if its something else thats causing this like a downloaded addon, also just to let you all know im still working on this piece of art, yet i still have the problem with clearing the menu's

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2007, 12:19:38 pm »
Thanks for the awesome quote, HDMI!!  :icon_thumbsup Every time I lock one of you guys out they pay me 87 cents on some servers.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 12:26:03 pm by Doolittle »
This post dedicated to MP ArmA cheaters, you warthog faced buffoons. Why do you have to ruin my enjoyment of the game, pigs? You scare away players, you miserable, vomitus masses.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2007, 03:29:05 pm »
You could ask at some semi official scripting site incognito for the menu thing (if the OFP SCP cant be reused for that). Did you apply the latest SCP security change?

HDMI Man

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2007, 05:52:16 pm »
No i dident even know there was a security change, ha kinda shows you how much i pay attention to things. And i did a good search through lots of different forums im a bit tired since ive done this pratically all night but heres what i found

_lastindex = _this addaction ["", ""];
for [{_i = 0}, {_i <= _lastindex}, {_i = _i + 1}] do {
_this removeaction _i;
};

Im alittle confused on how exactly to do this but its the best i found tonight
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 06:02:15 pm by HDMI Man »

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2007, 06:28:20 pm »
Well, try putting the action IDs in a list. Then access that list and delete all IDs when u want them gone.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2007, 08:05:19 pm »
Did you apply the latest SCP security change?
It was posted in the Arma section right after Doolittle claimed to have "written" his code.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Armed+Assault

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2007, 12:42:41 am »
_lastindex = _this addaction ["", ""];
for [{_i = 0}, {_i <= _lastindex}, {_i = _i + 1}] do {
_this removeaction _i;
};
That's my code. Don't use it.
This post dedicated to MP ArmA cheaters, you warthog faced buffoons. Why do you have to ruin my enjoyment of the game, pigs? You scare away players, you miserable, vomitus masses.

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2007, 12:55:32 am »
Did you apply the latest SCP security change?
I justed noticed your warning about changing the RscEditDialog.csv file. That was actually the first method I used and sent out to some people but later figured out another way to detect SCP.. by its heat signature. It's a rather complex process done over the phone lines.

The Doolittle System uses another method though.

Version 1.0 is currently undetected. ...
Will you be removing this line on the first page?

Doolittle