Author Topic: BS Forums  (Read 22059 times)

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Re: BS Forums
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2007, 03:38:13 am »
What do they expect website attacks are going to do against TKC?
Do they think TKC will be gone just because the site is temporarily down?

All it will do is provoke a bigger reaction.

Anything that effects hosting comes to my attention.
First I have the offending IP's blocked and then have an official complaint to such hosting company's sent from my office.

Remember last week how fast I dealt with the complaints from AU?
Less than two minutes to close that case file.  :icon_thumbsup

As long as this site does not violate US law I will see to it that it keeps getting special hosting rates and bandwith.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

d3dsh33p

• Online Villain
  • fuck shit wtf is happening
    • View Profile
    • the harrasment authority
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2007, 03:32:55 pm »
I've never seen so much bs come from one forum

or let alone one game with so few people

so who is getting queens gambit?

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2007, 11:01:43 pm »
It's been on the internet via torrent for some time already.
The non-cloned version came out 2 days ago:
http://tkc-community.net/forum/index.php?topic=6770.0

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

d3dsh33p

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2007, 07:01:10 pm »
walker:
We need to speak to police on how they want the evidense presenting. Usualy they will want a sworn afidavit where you swaear the relevant log files such as packet sniffer files in to evidense as being a true and acurate record. They will want Nutty_101's explanation of what his tools do basicly his technical readme put into laymens language.

lol the "e-police" dont need it in lamens terms unless its just some cop
and by the time the "e-police" figures out its only a game your actually talking about they are gonna be pissed

I'm assuming you made it sound like someone was actually attacking your server and probably never even mentioned it was a game (that no one plays)

Easy_tiger

• Klass Klown
  • ArmA Anti-Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2007, 09:20:19 pm »

picked it up today  :icon_biggrin2

XX55XX

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2007, 11:59:05 pm »
This walker person is an idiot. What he is trying to achieve is actually impossible on legal terms.

No servers are actually being crashed, and when you mention that it's about a video game, the case will be thrown out of court.

I can understand why people are trying to crack down on cheating in MMOs, largely because real money is actually involved, but in a first person shooter game? How stupid.

I admire the attempts to curb cheating that have been set out by people like Doolittle or Nutty, who are more realistic in their approaches, but apparently this walker person is taking the anti-cheating movement to another level... Filing false reports via the internet to get attention from law enforcement? Bullshiting the community with vague legal terms and obscure laws that not even walker himself actually understands?

That is morally questionable.

Nutty101

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2007, 01:01:57 am »
This walker person is an idiot. What he is trying to achieve is actually impossible on legal terms.
   I have said it to em over and over. Dunno some people seem to think the law will help. WOO! Yeah, whatever. No one is forging anything to the server so far as i know so that is out of the question.

I admire the attempts to curb cheating that have been set out by people like Doolittle or Nutty, who are more realistic in their approaches, but apparently this walker person is taking the anti-cheating movement to another level... Filing false reports via the internet to get attention from law enforcement? Bullshiting the community with vague legal terms and obscure laws that not even walker himself actually understands?

That is morally questionable.

Gotta love the legal advice. What i am doing could be seen as worse than the cheats to some people. Cause i do modify the game on one program and some other items will modify the packets. So I guess everyone should go after me. Laugh.. People just need to get their heads on straight. It's a game if you don't like what is going on then learn how to help solve the issues. Everyone has the resources and ability to learn. Oh well eh.

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
« Reply #127 on: October 04, 2007, 03:23:06 am »
People just need to get their heads on straight. It's a game if you don't like what is going on then learn how to help solve the issues. Everyone has the resources and ability to learn. Oh well eh.
I have to agree with you here. I'm not really gonna say anymore about this law crap because I'd only be repeating things that we've already covered.

The sooner the people on BIS forum shake off their false sense of police protection the better for them really. Less tears when all their efforts amount to nothing.

The Illusive Man

Nutty101

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 04, 2007, 03:44:06 am »
People just need to get their heads on straight. It's a game if you don't like what is going on then learn how to help solve the issues. Everyone has the resources and ability to learn. Oh well eh.
I have to agree with you here. I'm not really gonna say anymore about this law crap because I'd only be repeating things that we've already covered.

The sooner the people on BIS forum shake off their false sense of police protection the better for them really. Less tears when all their efforts amount to nothing.

sadly though for a few over there I don't see that happening.

XX55XX

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 04, 2007, 06:33:01 am »
Meh, we'll see in a month.

I'm not going to repeat myself anymore, but I will note that either that Walker guy is delusional, or maybe he is simply trolling because he is angry at the lack of efforts from BIS to curb cheating.

But anyways, life will go on...

Easy_tiger

• Klass Klown
  • ArmA Anti-Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 04, 2007, 05:55:04 pm »
Oh btw Nutty nice work on your sniffer/firewall thats a fine app you've built.

w00t?? the forum readers shout! lol

Seriously though its a nice idea and well implemented, I just hope no over zealous admins misread whats being logged and ban innocent users lol. We both know that it wont catch EVERYTHING but i can see it being effective in preventing the more destructive cheats getting thru

Gotta love the legal advice. What i am doing could be seen as worse than the cheats to some people. Cause i do modify the game on one program and some other items will modify the packets. So I guess everyone should go after me. Laugh.. People just need to get their heads on straight. It's a game if you don't like what is going on then learn how to help solve the issues. Everyone has the resources and ability to learn. Oh well eh.

good god man watch what your saying, it wouldnt surprise me if a few fickle members of the BIS forum DO turn you if they come here and read that lol  :icon_razz2

d3dsh33p

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 04, 2007, 06:47:55 pm »
would it really be that bad if they did?

Easy_tiger

• Klass Klown
  • ArmA Anti-Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 04, 2007, 07:06:54 pm »
lol it wud be bad for them   :icon_laugh Especially if they pushed Nutty over to our side  :icon_biggrin2

d3dsh33p

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 04, 2007, 07:35:20 pm »
I really could never understand how people could enjoy those forums

arguing over how a soldier hits the dirt while running for pages and pages (i did my time with the military and its never the same thing). the animations arent even close anyway

the addiction to BIS was a discusting trait of so many of their users, I had no clue why

mods  :icon_cool2

infact the only sections worth checking out was the user missions and now the multiplayer (thx walker, victor, and arma vids "my favorite little stalker")

You would be suprised who cheats in arma anyway, with the modding ability people can add anything they want like radar in tanks for vehicles and people, keeping the engine off while using the turret, increased bullet speed, better sights, color changing crosshairs, no reload...

I think it would be hilarious if nutty got his tool well enough made to see who is doing the above "skills" cheats,  buti got a feeling tho someone is gonna start bitching about its legality.

It is nice to see that another person over there has realised that lawsuits and crimes against our type of gamers is a joke. ever since i foun online gaming on the pc i have been the same way. its a videogame, sometimes harrassing the shit out of someone and getting away with it is what i feel like doing.  it is only a game not irl

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 04, 2007, 10:14:58 pm »
I just realized you people that cheat are also the name callers and bullies at school. The ones who say, "It's only words, I'm not hurting you."

So I say again: yes, it's a game. But you're annoying and need to stop cheating. Thanks! Glad we agree and it's all fixed now.

Note, please don't read my sig. That doesn't count.
This post dedicated to MP ArmA cheaters, you warthog faced buffoons. Why do you have to ruin my enjoyment of the game, pigs? You scare away players, you miserable, vomitus masses.