Author Topic: BS Forums  (Read 22046 times)

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Re: BS Forums
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2007, 09:01:36 pm »
You need to understand that Walker "claimed" to have took two years of class and did voluntary work...it clearly did him no good as he neither has a licence to practice law -nor- do those he did free work for want him around!

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2007, 09:30:50 pm »
They are free to report anything they want. They are referring to laws that don't apply to what we do, and think they are correct by wishful thinking and false assumptions. All the lies in their forum and other threats (of violence) sent to us could be classed as harassment of a minority. And the Bohemia Forum and its mods support it. That's a crime, a real crime for that matter too.

Some of them claim that money is lost. Might as well be so. But it doesn't make it less legal. It's not our job to make their money increase. Maybe they should outlaw competition too? BIS will lose revenues due to OFP2 and is already doing this due to other games on the market. But there are definately cases where people buy games just because of the public cheats and capabilities related to it (as seen here).

As the admin of this page I consider myself to have enough experience and knowledge of both what the law says in matters concerning what we do here and that what we do is alright according to it.

The only viable option in my opinion would be to make new laws against cheating and assign a part of the police department to it. It would be comparable to a small clique of spoiled kids who get to play hide their way only, under police protection. While the rest got to obey like slaves. I also don't feel it's worth the increased tax that would imply. And after that the situation would still look like the piracy situation on the net.

walker, our own Don Quixote, is just another foolish shepherd on a crusade against the windmills of evil. And the sheep follow him.
If taken seriously, he doesn't know what he's talking about. If you read his posts you'll find something else too.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2007, 10:21:45 pm »
All the lies in their forum and other threats (of violence) sent to us could be classed as harassment of a minority. And the Bohemia Forum and its mods support it. That's a crime, a real crime for that matter too.

Read post #82 in this thread to/about Dallas and BI allowing  posts dealing with false claims of server crashing and BI emploies allowing people to urge fileing false crime reports.
Now that places BI at risk as a company.

With the return of Placebo fascism again rules BI.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

XX55XX

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2007, 03:13:10 am »
Well, we will see how this goes. November 5th will come and go.

They can't seriously calculate the so-called "monetary loss" of this "cheating", can't they? How many servers have been crashed through this cheat? At least a few, but it's not that hard for a server to come right back up.

Even though I lack a law degree or anything of that sort, I seriously doubt if the police will really check up on this. I've personally harassed people on the Internet myself, and have been legally threatened at times, but the most they could do was cut off my ISP service and force me to shop for another ISP. Even on Xbox Live, there are so many trash talkers throwing racial slurs all about, and yet, not even Microsoft bans these people from their service, despite the ToS, which seems to prohibit this sort of behavior.

Some people (people I've harassed on MySpace and such) claimed to have even filed a complaint to the FBI in order to get them to arrest me. That has yet to even happen! And it has been almost nine months since I've been addressed with that threat! The same will happen here. What this walker fellow is saying is fantasy. No laws are being broken here at all.

Cheating is not even the same as Internet harassment. The interpretation of the so-called "laws" that this walker cites are open. Laws regarding the Internet are still in their infancy.

Eventually, I can easily see this walker person eventually dropping this and playing Crysis instead when that comes out in November. I think it's time to move on from such childishness. I find this really silly. "ZOMG WE R GOING 2 FILEE A LAWS00T AGANST J00 CH3ATING ASSHOLES LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!"

Amazing that people take cheating in a video game so seriously. I can understand if and when real money is actually being lost (like when a business is constantly getting their servers DoS'd, thus preventing them from doing business and making money), but this is really, really, extreme. A purported lawsuit over cheating in a video game. Which isn't even really cheating, but simply using client-based commands and scripts that were already available.

Sorry from the long post, but these things I find incredibly funny...

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2007, 04:15:18 am »
Well, everything can be calculated. But their idea about less-profit => against the law is flawed from the beginning. No servers get crashed either. And the SCP is definately not designed to crash servers. We can't be responsible for what some users _might_ do according to anti-cheaters. That would be like outlawing windows because it can be used for malicious purposes.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2007, 04:54:00 am »
How many servers have been crashed through this cheat?
None...TKC has no such program for crashing servers on it's site.
Those making such claims are lying out their ass about it while BI and it's workers take the liability.

November 5th will be a day to remember but not for the reasons Walker wishes.  :icon_devil

BI's QC addon will be on P2P for all to d/l soon ( just over a week) as well so fight fascism by downloading rather than buying from them!  :icon_thumbsup

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2007, 07:17:31 am »
How many servers have been crashed through this cheat?
None...TKC has no such program for crashing servers on it's site.
Those making such claims are lying out their ass about it while BI and it's workers take the liability.

November 5th will be a day to remember but not for the reasons Walker wishes.  :icon_devil

BI's QC addon will be on P2P for all to d/l soon ( just over a week) as well so fight fascism by downloading rather than buying from them!  :icon_thumbsup

it does not matter if you crash or anything else the only time you can get prosicuted is if you cause loss of data intentionally.....

i have crashes played with owned 100#s of dickweeds in my time and not once have i ever been prosicuted for it , its it too much expense and too much hardship , dont worry about it , and half of the time the police are too busy with other stuff anyway to care.
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

d3dsh33p

• Online Villain
  • fuck shit wtf is happening
    • View Profile
    • the harrasment authority
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2007, 06:02:17 pm »
omg they got our mug shots... not from stickam tho, its our private vidchat , stickam is when we update our personal

lololol

they still didnt get my pretty face tho (its not that hard to find)
im the cute little black guy in my avatar

i figured i would add gary's face to the mix to with a little msg

oh heres the pic he got our faces from... wonder why he couldnt find me im pretty obvios

http://myg0t.com/d3/d3/funnies/wehighandcrunked.JPG  <-- had to link the image wont show using  myg0t hosting

as you can see i aint no little boy, so if someone wants to come see me around my town, you better either have a full beer to down, or some friends depending on what you wanna do.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 06:14:53 pm by d3dsh33p »

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2007, 08:09:23 pm »
Here is a picture of the KFC leader!
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/7094/12ceo8.jpg

The Illusive Man

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2007, 08:19:05 pm »
So not only does the BI forum have idiots that think they know about Law,wanna be for programmers,fascists for Mods but also lying seal clubbers for spy's.

Interesting.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2007, 08:22:08 pm »
The leader of KFC says "Remember remember the 5th of November".

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2007, 04:16:30 am »
What also remembers is Google and other stuff that captures everything from here to the end of the world. Aren't you guys worried about all this "evidence" that's being captured each day of your wrong-doings? Don't you consider, years from now, when you try to apply for that Orphanage Manager position, you will get denied because they realize you are morally deficient?
This post dedicated to MP ArmA cheaters, you warthog faced buffoons. Why do you have to ruin my enjoyment of the game, pigs? You scare away players, you miserable, vomitus masses.

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2007, 04:33:58 am »
What also remembers is Google and other stuff that captures everything from here to the end of the world. Aren't you guys worried about all this "evidence" that's being captured each day of your wrong-doings? Don't you consider, years from now, when you try to apply for that Orphanage Manager position, you will get denied because they realize you are morally deficient?

Why would anyone put their internet alias on their resume?
It wouldn't surprise me if you wanted to be a manager of an orphanage just so you could DooLittle kids.

The Illusive Man

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2007, 11:46:54 am »
"Morally deficient". You're again comparing real life with game actions. Oh no, he shot guys in a computer game - he's morally deficient. According to my "morale" it's completely right to do so.

What we do here promotes knowledge, and that is more or less a merit in most branches.

Easy_tiger

• Klass Klown
  • ArmA Anti-Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2007, 05:51:13 pm »
Why would anyone put their internet alias on their resume?
It wouldn't surprise me if you wanted to be a manager of an orphanage just so you could DooLittle kids.

touche!