Author Topic: Let BIS have your stuff  (Read 20774 times)

dave7802

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
Re: Let BIS have your stuff
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2007, 03:26:32 pm »
LMAO Wesker Love the Sig ROLF  :icon_laugh

Easy_tiger

• Klass Klown
  • ArmA Anti-Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2007, 06:22:42 pm »
LMAO just seen it too  :icon_laugh

eurofighter1

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2007, 08:05:16 pm »
I found lockie, do i get a cookie???   :icon_biggrin2  :icon_laugh

O_o

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2007, 05:26:34 am »
Before you ask, yes i am an Anti-cheater   :icon_biggrin2

As i totally agree with Doolittle on this subject. I just want to know something...

As all of you that bought ArmA and feel hard done by, this is understandable, as I myself feel that I have paid for a beta. If you feel the need to use cheats/hacks or whatever it is you use to make yourselves feel better. What gives you the right to use these cheats on servers that other people pay for and not you? Why not hire a server for yourselves so you can have a cheating fest, and let the people that want to play ArmA in a cheat free environment do that? If BIS owned all the servers themselves then there would be no need for this post, but they don't. People rent/buy servers to play the games they wish, how they wish. Whether they use cheats or not, but thats up to them to decide not you.

How is it legal using the SCP to lock players keyboards etc... Im no expert, but wouldn't that be classed as using a hack on another pc? whether or not its through a game. Im pretty sure thats not legit.

I love the statement from Wesker in another topic... "It is in the TKC rules crashing servers is a no no" Do you not understand "Wesker" that your so called "cheats/hacks" crash servers??? Ain't that a bit hypercritical?? I think you need to re-write your rules or even take a closer look  :icon_o_o

BTW another thing, you say that all this is for freedom, yet you forbid people to crash servers? Correct me if im wrong but ain't that a "rule"?

Anyway, I'll let you kiddy scripters get on with your ways. I on the other hand, have a life to lead  :icon_thumbsup
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 05:41:36 am by O_o »
Once the day finally comes, and you can't take anymore, which results in me being banned from these forums. I will truly, dearly, with all my heart and soul, miss you all very much.  :icon_cry2

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2007, 06:59:19 am »
Hi,
I have noticed you looking at the board/forum for some time so now that your reg'ed to post let me be the first to welcome you to about the last place on-line that you don't get banned for posting your opinion.

I myself don't have time right now and pick the differant parts of your post apart to comment on....but I want you to know that although I am an admin on TKC and do whatever I can to support them,I myself do NOT cheat in on-line contests.

Z

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2007, 09:19:12 am »
How is it legal using the SCP to lock players keyboards etc... Im no expert, but wouldn't that be classed as using a hack on another pc? whether or not its through a game. Im pretty sure thats not legit.
In Evo my keyboard gets locks if I accidentally TK.
Also ArmAAC locks and crashes players, yet it's freely distributed through the BIS forum.
If they are allowed to do it why cant we?

I love the statement from Wesker in another topic... "It is in the TKC rules crashing servers is a no no" Do you not understand "Wesker" that your so called "cheats/hacks" crash servers??? Ain't that a bit hypercritical?? I think you need to re-write your rules or even take a closer look  :icon_o_o
TKC have not made any cheats dedicated to crashing ArmA servers though... Maybe you should be the one looking closer.

I on the other hand, have a life to lead  :icon_thumbsup

Cool, dont we all.
What are you gonna do next? Write a web blog about it here?

The Illusive Man

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2007, 09:35:53 am »
walker
Arma/OFP Fan

Group: Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all

Z0ldDude clearly has thought about the civil action but not the criminal case. Which cost you as reporter of the crime nothing.

As I keep sayin just report the crime to the police. They Z0ldDude and anyone who uses his software and contributes ideas to TKC, has to do all the turning to court and all the costs.

By the Z0ldDude's answer is evidense screen shot it and record it. Man the guy thinks he is lawyer when all he is doing is nailing his own cofin lid  

Costs you money if you use a Lawyer and go civil recovery and you still have to report it to the police anyway. Versus free if you report it to the police.

Kind Regards walker

Z0ldDude clearly has thought about the civil action but not the criminal case.
Incorrect.

Which cost you as reporter of the crime nothing.
Unless in our servers legal jurisdiction you make a false report in which case it may well cost you more than money...years of your life without freedom.

As I keep sayin just report the crime to the police.
Sounds like a good idea...first make sure it is a crime in the local TKC has it server in.
Good luck as here we don't follow Fascist rules and false reports if your a "victim" withen the country and able to complain carry jail time.

They Z0ldDude and anyone who uses his software and contributes ideas to TKC, has to do all the turning to court and all the costs.
Is that an English sentence?
I am not sure what it is you are trying to say but let me attempt to reply anyhow.

I do not write any of the 'software' posted on TKC.
Alltho I was a programmer back in the late 70's/early 80's and ran a few BBS's before what is now the "internet" I hated all the involved mathematics that programming in that day involved.
I have however been very active in the electronics involved during the past 28 years as well as keeping/making new contacts with talented people in and out of hard/software development and other "old-dudes" from the "on-line" pre-internet days.
Basically I have been around before the "internet" and as a hobbyist helped developed many things which you now use in your computer system and to connect to the "internet".

My past history and long term contacts are what drives me to help support the minds here at TKC and it's overall goals.

ADVICE:
Walker,Victor and others should stay out of giving people leagal advice.
EA,Evenbalance and others do not wish to bother TKC for good reason.

Myself I think the smartest person posting on BI is Jerry Hopper and have been in ICQ contact with him over the past many months when he requested an interview with TKC.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2007, 12:25:43 pm »
DisableUserInput is a built in feature, a part of the game you bought the licence of. It's just as legit as shooting other players in the game. Players' keyboards get locked all the time. Hexenkessel Evolution etc etc, during cutscenes. The SCP is no hack of general meaning, it's an addon that also works in MP. Even if it was a hack it wouldn't be illegal as it doesn't hack other people's computers.

We're against all forms of crashing. Because without servers and players there's no game to play. Less servers, less choice.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

O_o

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2007, 02:08:00 pm »
In Evo my keyboard gets locks if I accidentally TK.
Also ArmAAC locks and crashes players, yet it's freely distributed through the BIS forum.
If they are allowed to do it why cant we?

DisableUserInput is a built in feature, a part of the game you bought the licence of. It's just as legit as shooting other players in the game. Players' keyboards get locked all the time. Hexenkessel Evolution etc etc, during cutscenes. The SCP is no hack of general meaning, it's an addon that also works in MP. Even if it was a hack it wouldn't be illegal as it doesn't hack other people's computers.

We're against all forms of crashing. Because without servers and players there's no game to play. Less servers, less choice.

Yes your both right, I personally don't like evolution as its boring. But what happens when you TK, has been done for the good, so people don't ruin the mission. Were as your using the scripts to your advantage to ruin players gameplay. As ive said in my first post, the servers are not owned by BIS. So if you see a server playing evolution, why play it, if all you want to do is TK?

Didn't you state somewhere else Wesker that the ArmAAC is total crap and doesn't even work? And that it only drops yours and the servers FPS?

How would you feel if you rented/bought a house, then lots of asylum seekers came round and started trashing your house? Of course a house is not a game, but think of the house as your server. Surely you can see the logic there.

TKC have not made any cheats dedicated to crashing ArmA servers though... Maybe you should be the one looking closer.

So have I read wrong? "TKC Super Cheat Pack"

It may not say "Crash servers" in the readme, but you might aswell. Spawn numerous amounts of objects/zombies/vehicles etc... massively drops players FPS, and if they don't have a computer powerful enough of dealing with it, they will CTD. Same goes for servers, the more you create, the more the server can't handle thus crashing the server. So once again is this not crashing servers?? 

You all go on saying how you don't like ArmA because its suppose to be realistic. (Far from it IMO) But its a start. Why do you play it? In most peoples eyes ArmA is a simulator, not an acardy BF2. Yeh you get all the Berzerk and evolution maps, but they will die down once things finally take off.

I would totally agree with what you do, if it wasn't about ruining other players gameplay. But its not. I can't really see why you would say you don't do it to ruin the fun of others. If you was doing it for fun, why mess up everyone else's fun in the process?

Its understandable if you make the cheats/hacks for a hobby, then send them over to the game developer. Whats that? Why would i send it over after all my work? So the game developer can try and fix the glitch that your exploiting, then you can make another cheat/hack and so on... Trying to break the code etc... As its only a hobby im sure you wont mind.

Cool, dont we all.
What are you gonna do next? Write a web blog about it here?

I would, but I don't like to brag about what i do with my life  :wink2

Once the day finally comes, and you can't take anymore, which results in me being banned from these forums. I will truly, dearly, with all my heart and soul, miss you all very much.  :icon_cry2

Easy_tiger

• Klass Klown
  • ArmA Anti-Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2007, 02:20:29 pm »
It may not say "Crash servers" in the readme, but you might aswell. Spawn numerous amounts of objects/zombies/vehicles etc... massively drops players FPS, and if they don't have a computer powerful enough of dealing with it, they will CTD. Same goes for servers, the more you create, the more the server can't handle thus crashing the server. So once again is this not crashing servers??

The CTD problem you describe isnt down to the type of scripts that are executed by the SCP, it is down to a known bug (which is fixed in 1.09) which causes ArmA to CTD in script intensive MP maps.

I very much doubt the server exe would be crashed out.

I suffer from the same problem and on occasion i cant even join a Evolution game because it CTD's (Problem rarely seen on less script intensive maps like CTF)

O_o

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2007, 02:48:02 pm »
The CTD problem you describe isnt down to the type of scripts that are executed by the SCP, it is down to a known bug (which is fixed in 1.09) which causes ArmA to CTD in script intensive MP maps.

I very much doubt the server exe would be crashed out.

I suffer from the same problem and on occasion i cant even join a Evolution game because it CTD's (Problem rarely seen on less script intensive maps like CTF)

Yes there is some issues with the current version of ArmA, But spawning massive amounts depends on the memory, what happens when your computer is out of memory? You CTD because your computer can't handle it. You might even get the BSOD or whatever its called. (Blue screen of death, I think thats what its called anyway) Even the new patch can't fix these CTD's, its down to the ArmA engine.

The main fact is that you have a choice in what mission you decide to play. Were as we don't have a choice whether or not we wish to play with cheats, unless we lock the server.

d3dsh33p

• Online Villain
  • fuck shit wtf is happening
    • View Profile
    • the harrasment authority
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2007, 04:39:09 pm »

How would you feel if you rented/bought a house, then lots of asylum seekers came round and started trashing your house? Of course a house is not a game, but think of the house as your server. Surely you can see the logic there.

here where i live we usually lock the doors and keep a shotgun handy

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2007, 07:48:31 pm »
Yes your both right, I personally don't like evolution as its boring. But what happens when you TK, has been done for the good, so people don't ruin the mission. Were as your using the scripts to your advantage to ruin players gameplay. As ive said in my first post, the servers are not owned by BIS. So if you see a server playing evolution, why play it, if all you want to do is TK?

It doesn't matter. It doesn't make it less legal. Putting a TKer to jail ruins his game. That doesn't mean it's illegal. We're TKers, we shoot all no matter the map, if we like to.

If a server "crashes" that way it's completely legal. You're just using the features of the game to a limit your and other people's hardware/software can't cope anymore. It's all within the bounds of the game. The game allows you to play it and to use its features. That's what you paid for.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

eurofighter1

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2007, 09:04:06 pm »
How is it legal using the SCP to lock players keyboards etc... Im no expert, but wouldn't that be classed as using a hack on another pc? whether or not its through a game. Im pretty sure thats not legit
Your only locking it through armed assault. It isnt done by locking keybored through the comp by sending a virus. Plus i have minimized the arma when i was locked and i can use keybored and mouse fine. So ur not modifying someones computer files really. At least i think so lol.

These guys dont have to target evo, but its a convenient map to do so imo

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2007, 09:48:42 pm »
Didn't you state somewhere else Wesker that the ArmAAC is total crap and doesn't even work? And that it only drops yours and the servers FPS?

Nope, I just said it wastes bandwidth and that
Quote from: Wesker
It's said to disable keyboard, teleport you far away and crashes your game after a certain amount of time.
Never seen it happen & never heard of it happening to anyone.
Don't get me wrong, I have read the code and it looks like it'd work against a basic weapon mod.

The Illusive Man