Author Topic: Let BIS have your stuff  (Read 20778 times)

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
Let BIS have your stuff
« on: August 28, 2007, 09:37:32 pm »
Do you guys send your programs to BIS so that they can be warned of... problems with their game? And be given the chance to fix them?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 02:59:29 am by Doolittle »
This post dedicated to MP ArmA cheaters, you warthog faced buffoons. Why do you have to ruin my enjoyment of the game, pigs? You scare away players, you miserable, vomitus masses.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
Re: SCP 1.0
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 10:00:38 pm »
Nono, that's not our role. Other people, anti-cheaters, do that kind of terrible things.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 10:28:10 pm »
I just know that some... security groups tell companies about issues with their software and give them a chance to fix it.
This post dedicated to MP ArmA cheaters, you warthog faced buffoons. Why do you have to ruin my enjoyment of the game, pigs? You scare away players, you miserable, vomitus masses.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 10:50:49 pm »
Yea, but this is no security group. We're all about maximizing freedom, the necessity for unlimited fun and creativity. Soon ordinary users will be able to do whatever they want in MP for the first time in the history of multiplayer gaming.  :cheers

No bans, no admins, no rules, just loads of fun!

Evillor

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 11:11:47 pm »
Yea, but this is no security group. We're all about maximizing freedom, the necessity for unlimited fun and creativity. Soon ordinary users will be able to do whatever they want in MP for the first time in the history of multiplayer gaming.  :cheers

No bans, no admins, no rules, just loads of fun!

Amen to that.

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 11:34:56 pm »
Yes, well I'm sure the rapist has "fun" too... even as he clinks beer glasses and talks about no rules.

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 11:52:30 pm »
Yes, well I'm sure the rapist has "fun" too... even as he clinks beer glasses and talks about no rules.
That's a whole different ballpark. Rape is totally illegal, victims are often left traumatized from it.
How can freedom in a computer game and a real life rapist possibly be comparable?

The Illusive Man

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 11:58:49 pm »
Yea, you have to be reasonable. We're talking about games here.

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 12:01:25 am »
Well, that is true. Wouldn't you agree though that your "fun" in a game might be reducing the "fun" for others?

eurofighter1

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 12:12:09 am »
Have a look at there FAQ. It tells you about TKC and why they do it.
I have noticed in arma that people take it way to seriouse. So it can be fun to piss them off now and again lol.
BUT doesnt everyone agree that armed assault (well any game) will get boring at one point.
So add a few cheats / hacks into it can make it fun again.
IMO anyway lol

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 12:38:23 am »
Well, this is no discussion about do's and don'ts in mp gaming (that is subject for another thread).

I'm very much aware that my fun might reduce the fun for others. But if we all were to think about the "common fun" in a game, then we all should stop shooting each other too, because it ain't fun to wait for spawn. We can talk, and sing merry songs instead! But hey, that will spoil the fun for some others... There's no universal solution. "Good" players "look" the same as cheats do to the other players. Same effect. Should we stop "good" players too, because they ruin the fun for others? I'm not the one to make sure all have fun. It's up to each and every person to decide and choose. Quit, or continue. The choice is free. There's no right or wrong when it comes to how a game _should_ be played.

But eurofighter speaks the truth.

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 01:30:58 am »
I apologize. I shouldn't have led you guys into monologuing. We've heard the Grand Statement before. I was just curious if you sent stuff off to BIS as I know they are currently working on a 1.09 version. Surely if they got a hold of your fun then all could have fun?

Evillor

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 01:43:11 am »
I apologize. I shouldn't have led you guys into monologuing. We've heard the Grand Statement before. I was just curious if you sent stuff off to BIS as I know they are currently working on a 1.09 version. Surely if they got a hold of your fun then all could have fun?

i just read your sig, you talk about respect. What about the people who dont want to play by "the rules", or want as much freedom as they can in a game. What about respecting those players, after all didnt they buy the game too?

Sending stuff into BIS would be counter-productive wouldnt it? spending all this time creating something for a game, then having it banned/blocked with a fast patch.

you have fun your way, others have fun theirs, if those clash then there always another server you can go to.

Doolittle

• Online Villain
  • processInitCommands
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 02:21:22 am »
The idea of going to another server... yes, I saw a server playing CTF but I like DM so I went to another server playing DM. Then I saw another server that said "No cheating allowed" so I went there because that's what I like, but for some odd, inexplicable reason there was cheating there! I was so shocked.

What kills me is this idea that it's morally okay to mess up other people's games. Would you not agree that everyone would be happy if there was designating cheating servers and a no-cheating servers. Then we could all go play the game the way we wanted with other people who wanted to play it the same.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 02:42:34 am »
Surely if they got a hold of your fun then all could have fun?

Yea, that's our intention. All cheats will be released to the public when they are 100% done. There's no freedom if it isn't available for all.   :icon_thumbsup

Well, there are no cheating-servers. And some people might want to play with non-cheaters too. All players got to share their part of the sandbox.