Author Topic: US Elections 2008 Topic  (Read 9366 times)

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
US Elections 2008 Topic
« on: August 21, 2007, 09:24:25 pm »
Discuss here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Ron+Paul&btnG=Google+Search

Also known as Dr. No for always voting against almost every bill/law because they contain unconstitutional wording or provisions.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 09:26:48 pm by Mullah Omar »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
Re: Worlds last hope
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 09:39:55 pm »
Interesting, but politics is a nono.  :icon_sly
The purpose of the rule is to make TKC neutral. ie No propaganda for any politics. We can change this rule and create a section of politics if users/the cc wants though.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 09:49:56 pm by Mullah Omar »
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 09:56:39 pm »
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul
Paul was one of 17 members of Congress who formed a bipartisan coalition to file a lawsuit against President Bill Clinton in 1999 over his conduct of the war in Kosovo. In the filing, they accused Clinton of not reporting to Congress within 48 hours on the status of the action as required by the 1973 War Powers Resolution and not first obtaining a declaration of war from Congress as specifically required in the Constitution. Congress had voted 427 to 2 against a declaration of war with Yugoslavia and had voted to deny support for the air campaign in Kosovo. A federal judge dismissed the lawsuit, ruling that since Congress had voted for funding after the United States was already actively engaged in the war with Kosovo, legislators had sent a confusing message about whether they approved of the war. Paul said that the judge's decision was an attempt to circumvent the Constitution and authorize the president to conduct a war without approval from Congress.[56]

In order to prevent Congress from yielding its constitutional authority to declare war to the executive branch, which does not constitutionally hold that power, Paul introduced legislation in October 2002 giving Congress the opportunity to declare war on Iraq, rather than merely "authorizing" the president to deploy forces without a declaration of war. He said he would not vote for his own bill, but if his fellow members of Congress wished to go to war in Iraq, they should follow the Constitution and declare war.

While serving as a lawmaker he also delivered about 40 babies each month and worked in a local hospital for $3 per hour often never charging those who needed a doctor.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 10:26:08 pm »
Interesting, but politics is a nono.  :icon_sly
The purpose of the rule is to make TKC neutral. ie No propaganda for any politics. We can change this rule and create a section of politics if users/the cc wants though.

I thought about that.
I think this election is very important to the world as a whole...we (I) must take a stand and express my support for what may be the only honest person in the world who will have control of Atom Bombs.

Congress needs to be forced to follow the Law when armed combat is sent around the world...and Ron Paul has decades of telling them "NO" via his votes as a lawmaker.

The People love him for his actions and keep reelecting him while most politicians hate him for "rocking the boat".

Every other person running for this office is on TV smiling while they lie about not supporting what is going on and how they are the only ones that can change things...while they vote the money to violate the Law and profit from shares in Funds that own the companies getting the contracts.

When Congress votes 427-2...against declaring war as required...but votes to fund such things then it is not just the USA that needs a person in charge that will make them follow the laws but the world.

Yes I think CC should vote to allow this as a "debate" or anything else they may wish to call it...open a new section for it if you must and move all comments in this thread into it without editing them.

This is not TKC supporting any politician but my own personal viewpoints and a real fear that any other person in this office may drag everyone into a 2nd Nuclear War or worse a Biological one.

(corrected spelling)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 03:44:24 am by ZOldDude »

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 10:31:35 pm »
Perhaps the photo is the trigger and it can be repaced with another one ( or deleated) that does not look like an endorsement from this website?

« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 10:37:28 pm by ZOldDude »

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 01:58:11 am »
We can make an exception for the presidential election in the US. But the thread would have to be named: US Election 2008 Thread

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 09:16:54 pm »
Sound good...go ahead and rename the topic and move the thead.
Deleat the photograph if you like.
Most people on this forum don't bother to read threads that make them think about anything other than a free cheat d/l anyhow.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
Re: US Elections 2008 Topic
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 09:36:00 pm »
Topic moved and made an exception.

My personal opinion then:
In my opinion both the republicans and the democrats are anti-democratic and anti-freedom. A candidate being a member of one of those parties is just a bought lackey or a member of the elite. If I was a US-citizen I would never vote for any of those people, because the elite doesn't share my interests.  :smile

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 10:10:31 pm »
They say one vote means nothing...
I vote every chance I get.

They say calling and telling them what you think about a Bill/Law they are about to vote on is a waste of time...
I waste ALLOT of time calling!

They say when things are really bad that people need to revolt...
I revolt every time I stand near a ballot box.

[TKC]Symantic

• The Indifferent Character
  • The Central Committee
  • Heckler
  • I can has personal text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 10:18:51 pm »
well said mullah, that's why vote Henry "Symantic" Elsner for president! i would be the perfect candidate.

on a more serious note.
This war and what their policy on it i think will ultimately determine who is the winner, and since Republicans have the image of a stupid cowboy (not my opinion), and the democrats have the image of limp wisted sissies. This election i think will be very close (and very long if Florida hasn't figured out how to vote yet).  I still need to investigate, I'm more republican than democrat, but i share alot of views with both so i cant really be classified by a certain group.

My main stands are
*Freedom to the states
*make a decision on the war (advance or get out, standing there wont kill anything unless your hacking)
*Screw medicare, I'm not good for it for another 45-50 years.
*help ease the housing market that is affecting the entire worlds economy.
*Grow some balls and get some shit done, next president needs to be top of his game 24/7

Enjoy your creative game-play, whatever that may include.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 10:35:54 pm »
*Grow some balls and get some shit done, next president needs to be top of his game 24/7
That would be the only honest one of the bunch who's running...Ron Paul.
i would be the perfect candidate.
Actually that would be ME with a person like Mr. Paul as my VP.
Congress would have to start following the Law of our Constitution or some members find themselves arrested for treason via an Executive Order issued by myself.
I probably would not live very long...but I would set one hell of an example for the People to follow!

[TKC]Symantic

• The Indifferent Character
  • The Central Committee
  • Heckler
  • I can has personal text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 12:21:28 am »
my campaign slogan would be "bringing common sense back to the white house"
Enjoy your creative game-play, whatever that may include.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 03:53:45 am »
Mine would have to be "No more Fascist bullshit!"
Like I said I probably would not live long if elected.

Anyone else that can vote..or wished they could vote...have a candidate in mind and what do you like about him/her?

jazznas

• Old Guard
  • Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 05:48:02 am »
To me, elections in america is like a nation choosing between the plague and cholera.. for me. All i can do is hope they pick the one that less likely gets me killed.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 01:20:34 am »
To me, elections in america is like a nation choosing between the plague and cholera.. for me. All i can do is hope they pick the one that less likely gets me killed.

I think politicians around the world are...or end up...corrupt.
Castro in Cuba was an honest and fair person when he started.

Every now and then you get a person in power that demands that things be done following the Laws of a country and  will refuse to back off from that viewpoint.
JFK got his brains blown out with that attitude.

All i can do is hope they pick the one that less likely gets me killed.
I hear that!
Who do you have in mind out of those running?
Have you seen the debates on TV or YouTube?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 01:25:39 am by ZOldDude »