Author Topic: Bypass Hradba for 1.6 extracted  (Read 1371 times)

Warrior

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
Bypass Hradba for 1.6 extracted
« on: March 16, 2004, 07:45:55 pm »
Ok, I have been trying to find a way to make VC 1.6 bypass the Hradba protection so that I can play an extracted game on "secure" servers. Originally if you try to join a secure server using an extracted game, it would boot me out immediately... before I was ever even able to finish loading. ALTHOUGH, one interesting trick i have found, is that you can delete the hradba protection from the retail game and REPLACE it with the hradba from the 1.6 Fist Alpha Demo.. This will allow me to enter secured servers and play for around 5-15 minutes before being booted. Not all that usefull, but interesting to say the least. I'm still wondering why the protection for the Demo doesn't work just like the retail, when they're supposed to be the same.  ANYWAY, my purpose behind this post was to find a way to bypass the hradba completely. Hopefully Mullah is out there and can help me out here.. all I know so far is that you must some how use a "debugger" in order to bypass hardba.  Somebody help me out here.

jazznas

• Old Guard
  • Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 07:51:38 pm »
good work :D

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 11:21:33 pm »
Lol, great Warrior, again Pterodon makes a huge flaw. Maybe we should host the demo hradba?

The protector for the demo checks for certain files only. I think that if you move your demo.cbf to the full version. There should be no problem at all if you are running the demo hradba on ret then.

To bypass hradba you could bypass the program exits and remove them. You could use a disassembler or a debugger (temp removal). I've not tested it but, it's very possible. However you got to be familiar to ASM codes and some window API's (sets of built in windows instructions).

If you want to learn how to use a debugger (takes a great deal of time) I would recommend "SoftIce" for you.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

Warrior

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 05:18:08 am »
Thanks for the info Mullah, i'm going to check into that prog you mention and see what i can try to learn about that. Although, I don't really have any idea where to begin working with the hradba, or even what i'm trying to do exactly... lol , gotta start somewhere though, so I'm going to check out that prog and see what I can figure out. Any tips or ideas would be a big help , and I'm sure i'll be back here posting more after I learn a little more about all this. I feel I should try to educate myself a little before I start tossing out a bunch of ignorant questions at you guys. LOL   Anyway, I appreciate your help,  and honestly i'm a little suprised that no one else noticed the Demo hradba trick.  It actually works best if you play through the extracted FA demo though.  I've played for long periods of time without a boot on the demo. BUT, only two maps available... and NO i have yet to implement retail maps into the demo and get them to WORK. In should, in theory, but i haven't done it yet.  Then again, i wouldn't want that info to get out there, cause I still think people should buy the game if they really wanna play.  Here's an idea for you guys though, perhaps one of the more sophisticated admins could make a debugger tutorial for bypassing hradba....   I have a feeling that'd be pretty intense though.   ANYWAY, if anybody has some ideas or suggestions on all of this  PLEASE post here.

[TkC]ballbreaker

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.aljazeera.net/
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 06:30:56 am »
if you put the map folders(waterfall,nva base etc...) in the right place they should work. :wink:

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 01:49:00 pm »
Hmmmm....
HB 202 should be HB 202 if demo or full game.

Just extract HB and then write a script that intercepts the call to check for revs # to report back "all is well....latest revs here"......then DELEATE the rest of the folder and stuff it with filler to make it the same size.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Warrior

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 08:09:11 pm »
I'm sorry to say that know just about nothing when it comes to writing scripts. I've been tinkering with HB till i'm blue in the face trying to trick it though, and best I can do is go into a room and play for about 5-10 minutes before being kicked.  I sent you a PM ZoldDude, cause i wanted to ask a small favor. I don't want everyone in the free world to be able to easily bypass Hradba , but I would like to learn how this is to be done   and it sounds to me like you've got a pretty good grasp on the situation. Drop me a message, or email and let me know if you can help me out here. Cause I'm pretty sure I understand, aside from the writing a script part.. LOL , sorry if I'm newbish.  Hope to hear from you soon though, and Thanx!