Author Topic: Windowed mode  (Read 1570 times)

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Windowed mode
« on: June 15, 2007, 02:27:58 am »
I don't see the option in the video settings...how do you run ArmA in windowed mode?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 03:34:53 am by [TKC]Anothercheater »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
Re: Widows mode
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 02:35:12 am »
I don't see the option in the video settings...how do you run ArmA in windows mode?
put the -window command in a shortcut

The Illusive Man

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 05:12:17 am »
Thanks...Doc2 already ICQ'ed the info. Now I can use things in my taskbar!

Anyway to get it to put GFX textures into system RAM like in Vietcong? That would give me about 100+ more fps.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

[TKC]Anothercheater

• Heckler Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 08:22:44 am »
That would give me about 100+ more fps.

never in armed assault LOL :P

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 10:00:31 am »

What getting GFX textures into system ram or the extra 100+ fps?

Every game that uses DX9 that gives or can be made to do so DOES do that on my system.

I can live with all my settings on high and only 30 fps...runs like a movie as it is.
I just wonder if people looked into the engine if I could put the cached texture into system ram.

My system with DDR1 G.Skill HZ OC to the max gives me far more speed more and cache in games leaving my 7900 to act only as a print device (it is a GT with just 256MB of ram).
My memory blows DDR2-800 to hell and back and my bus has no problem transfering data.
My CPU has a 1Ghz OC (2Ghz stock Optron running @ 2.95 on stock volts).
Long live socket 939!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 10:38:38 am by ZOldDude »

d3dsh33p

• Online Villain
  • fuck shit wtf is happening
    • View Profile
    • the harrasment authority
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 01:16:08 am »

What getting GFX textures into system ram or the extra 100+ fpsEvery game that uses DX9 that gives or can be made to do so DOES do that on my system.
I can live with all my settings on high and only 30 fps...runs like a movie as it is.
I just wonder if people looked into the engine if I could put the cached texture into system ram.

My system with DDR1 G.Skill HZ OC to the max gives me far more speed more and cache in games leaving my 7900 to act only as a print device (it is a GT with just 256MB of ram).
My memory blows DDR2-800 to hell and back and my bus has no problem transfering data.
My CPU has a 1Ghz OC (2Ghz stock Optron running @ 2.95 on stock volts).
Long live socket 939!

fucking nice oc work man

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 02:26:09 am »
I have had it on a divider also (non 1:1 ratio) and been stable a bit over 3.1Ghz on stock volts.

As it is NOW set up (heat wave here this week) it is at 2.6Ghs 1:1 and runs 2C Idle and only 3C while playing games over room temps.

CM Stacker (with exit fan grill removed for full airflow)
Thermalright cooler
CPU/Exit fan Silverstone FM-121 (110qfpm)

The HD cage with it's 120mm stock fan is inline with the CPU cooler and exit fan...cold in/hot out all in one dirrect flow pattern.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 02:31:55 am »
I have had it on a divider also (non 1:1 ratio) and been stable a bit over 3.1Ghz on stock volts.

As it is NOW set up (heat wave here this week) it is at 2.6Ghs 1:1 and runs 2C Idle and only 3C while playing games over room temps.

CM Stacker (with exit fan grill removed for full airflow)
Thermalright cooler
CPU/Exit fan Silverstone FM-121 (110qfpm)

The HD cage with it's 120mm stock fan is inline with the CPU cooler and exit fan...cold in/hot out all in one dirrect flow pattern.

Even running @ 2.6Ghz Everest shows my ram has as much as 1,000MB more data per sec than the highest speed Corsair DDR2.

Next month when it hit the 100F range here I also have the optional Crossflow fan for the case to help keep ram,chipset and voltage regulaters cool.

alienate

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Windowed mode
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 06:02:12 am »
nice work, i always fear OC'ing too much. i cant afford to burn out any more componants anymore. so i burn out my car instead :icon_rolleyes2
does running arma in windowed mode make any differnce to the games performance?

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 07:55:46 am »
nice work, i always fear OC'ing too much. i cant afford to burn out any more componants anymore. so i burn out my car instead :icon_rolleyes2
does running arma in windowed mode make any differnce to the games performance?
Download FRAPS and check for your self.
Some say window mode gives a good boost, others say it's crap.

The Illusive Man

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 06:13:22 pm »
Windowed mode will force vertical sync + the default refresh rate. Vertical sync on will make things slower. Performance will be different for different configurations.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.