Author Topic: Your tactic?  (Read 1157 times)

Superskunk

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Your tactic?
« on: March 24, 2007, 04:20:24 am »
What ist your favourite when you play this game?

Everybody knows about the stinger. When you use it you can TK until someone can see you fire it. There's no "XXX was killed by YYY" only something like "XXX was killed". (Sorry I use the German Game so I don't know the exact message). But it is too bad that Wesker's hack don't work with low magazine weapons.

Or do you like to use the UH60-Fear? Also great to use with Wesker's hack.

I am so bad

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Re: Your tactic?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 07:10:20 am »
I only had OFP installed for about 3 days as I thought the GFX and other issues made the game "suck".

Along comes ArmA and although the concept of the game is the same....the game no longer "sucks".

In fact I now play it perhaps 3 times a week to learn the controls and general gameplay.

I can drive fairly well and in a tank/crewed vehicle with a good commander and gunner can avoid getting members of my "ride" killed and even manage to often compleat a given task as per the map.
I know what your thinking...being the driver is dull...but a good driver and crew are like gold.

As a pilot I fly about as well as any BRICK!

In most CTF games I fall back to my main skills as a "Vietcong head" and stay to the rear of flag and off side as defender or camper...a skill that I am a master of.
In fact in most on-line games this is the only way I play.

I find in this roll that without any cheats I can manage (at times) up to 8/1 kill-to-death ratio (in ArmA) after only 3 weeks of part time play...and not a normal ratio for most players in any game.
Then again I am a camper and most people hate the roll and/or the people who play this way.
Screw them.

Overall I notice that most TK's are map releated.
Some maps and missions are just so hard that it seems everyone just ends in a massive "TK-Fest" waiting for the timer to end the map.

Right now I am playing vr 1.04 so I have only 4-6 servers and they are all overseas from me. After I manage to learn the game well enough I will attempt to upgrade to vr 1.05 as Rough-necks (RN from OFP) and 3-4 other large servers are hosted about 12 miles from me in L.A. on a data center with an OC-192 connection....and least I will get some very low pings for a change...never had that in Vietcong!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 07:19:47 am by ZOldDude »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 07:56:30 am »
There's no "XXX was killed by YYY" only something like "XXX was killed".
Cool, I must try it!
I have a way to make inf ammo work for single shot weapons.
But it'll mean you have to disable the 1st infinite ammo cheat and enable the 2nd one just to make it work
Which might become confusing for some  :icon_sad2

Right now I am playing vr 1.04 so I have only 4-6 servers and they are all overseas from me. After I manage to learn the game well enough I will attempt to upgrade to vr 1.05 as Rough-necks (RN from OFP) and 3-4 other large servers are hosted about 12 miles from me in L.A. on a data center with an OC-192 connection....and least I will get some very low pings for a change..
Bah wouldn't bother using the RN ArmA server. It's always got 0 players on it just like their OFP server.
Only saw tumble weed when I last went on it  :icon_laugh

The Illusive Man

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 08:02:48 am »
Well when I do try to run patch 1.05 I will be using it and the other 3-4 servers set up in the same data center when ever I can.

I have NEVER been in any game outside my own listen server(s) under 100 ping....and these servres are only 2 routers from me!

Even when I play on the best VC server in DE or AU I come in around 200 and 4 yrs ago I learned to camp on 400-600 RU servers.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 08:19:40 am »
Also you old OFP guys may have had issues with them in the past  but the guy that sets up the game servers knows what he is doing and does not try to "go cheap".

Roughneck Super Server
Los Angles - USA
Core2Duo E6700
100 mbit line

I think he told me it had 4 GB ram....anyhow he owns all his hardware and co-locates.

You know I don't activly program any longer (last time 1984) but I have been into radio/computer hardware for almost 3 decades and fixed/moded even built my own circuts for myself and others both as a hobby and sidline income.....and I have to respect this guy for what he does.

DoctorK

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 03:18:53 pm »
Ejecting from 5T/URAL trucks at high speed just before they plough into a friendly helicopter so it just says "xxxx was killed"

DoctorK

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 11:44:01 pm »
Cool, I must try it!
But it'll mean you have to disable the 1st infinite ammo cheat and enable the 2nd one just to make it work

Would that include satchel charges?  :icon_devil :icon_devil

[TKC]Wesker

• ArmA's Most Wanted
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • The Illusive Man
    • View Profile
    • TKC Tube
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 12:06:44 am »
Cool, I must try it!

Would that include satchel charges?  :icon_devil :icon_devil
Yep, as well as nade launchers

The Illusive Man