Author Topic: HOWTO: Join as Vietcong in Coop Mode  (Read 916 times)

Subsky

• Insane Joker
  • Subskii
    • View Profile
HOWTO: Join as Vietcong in Coop Mode
« on: September 03, 2007, 05:00:26 am »
At bando's request- I've written a quick tutorial that explains how to obtain the pokes for a trainer that allows you to join as VC in coop.

1)  Join a CTF type game (or similiar) as either team
2)  Search for 4 byte unknown
3)  Change to opposite team
4)  Search for value has changed
5)  Repeat Steps 3-4 until you've limited down the values to a few
6)  Enable auto-hack
7)  Set hardware (H/W) write breakpoint on first address
8)  Change team (H/W write breakpoint will fire)
9)  Nop out the instruction that popped up in the lower window
10) Change team
11) If the nopped out instruction still allows you to change team (must wait till after respawn to check this), Undo the nop- and repeat steps 7 - 11 until it doesn't.
12) Take note of the address of this instruction and the poke code(s) (should be 0x90 for an x86 NOP [No-operation]).
13) Take note of the values you obtained in step 5 for the each team (0 for US, 1 for VC as far as I remember).

Now you can build your trainer- simply poke the value you obtained for VC into the address you found during step 5; and apply the nop pokes to the cancel the update team instruction to prevent over-writing.

Thats it!

Subsky

bando

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
    • where i am?
Re: HOWTO: Join as Vietcong in Coop Mode
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 05:29:27 am »
thank you , i appreciate  :smile
i am going to try to see if i can make it  :smile

ninenine

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 02:15:07 am »
Subsky, thanks a lot for the tutorial! I successfully created the trainer, and it works perfect! This was my first trainer/hack I ever made, so I'm real giddy right now  :icon_biggrin2

Anyways, here's a tip for others trying to make it: Between steps 3-4, it takes waaaaay too long to search for Changed Values only. So between each search, also search for RANGE 0 to 1. This should narrow it down significantly.

Another hint: once you find the address from step 5, there are three instructions that writes to this address. (1) When you switch from US to VC. (2) When you switch from VC to US. (3) When you switch Class (does not matter which team).

As Subsky said a long time ago in the original thread, you can respawn with enemy weapons (even in CTF): simply have the appropriate instruction NOP'd and choose a new Class (e.g. Soldier/Fighter, Machinegunner, Sniper). A simple but very fun hack!

:icon_biggrin2 :icon_biggrin2 :icon_biggrin2

Subsky

• Insane Joker
  • Subskii
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 11:38:00 am »
Great work mate  :icon_thumbsup.

It's not the easiest hack to make for your first one! 

Glad my instructions helped someone  :icon_laugh.

Subsky