Author Topic: {AIM} asks for a beer match  (Read 2676 times)

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
{AIM} asks for a beer match
« on: March 08, 2004, 01:24:18 am »
This is a cut-n-paste from a PM that {AIM} Tiny sent to me on Gathering. He should be dropping into the forums in the next few days to say hello and we will start working on a get together.

In the mean while I want anyone who wants to play read the thread about {BW} training and contact {BW} Boyle for team tactics training.

Z

To: ZOldDude
Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:47 pm
Subject: A.I.M  
hey,

was wondering if u guys would like to have a scrim sometime? probably 6 on 6 or 7 on 7 what ever u guys could manage, we're flexable.
We have been wanting to play u guys for a long time but keep getting swept up in the day to day. We have played a lot of teams of late that deny
the downloaded skill... We could care less, but it would be nice to play some people that are upfront about what they do. We ourselves dont
condone using help of any kind but If u guys choose to use any goodies at least we know that u will be upfront, either way is fine. (WE'RE NOT SAYING YOU HAVE NO SKILL WITHOUT THE HELP, WE KNOW IT WILL BE A FUN TOUGH MATCH EITHER WAY)  
We can discuss this in further detail if your intrested.

www.Aim2.clan.st click on forums

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Vicious

• Old Guard
  • Master Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 04:23:50 am »
Sounds good. Any word on when this will be?
Innocence proves nothing

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 10:35:39 am »
Yes sounds good.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 12:02:31 pm »
Ok then.....

But NOBODY has contacted {BW} Boyle yet.....and he and I have set up TEAM TACTIC training for everyone.

Everyone has alot of skill as players but you guys DO NOT know how to work as a team together.....and that TEAM skill makes the differants in the end game.

I know that other than >most< of the Mods here every one else IS ALREADY in another clan and already has some team tactics and game plans.....but anyone that wants to play on the TKC side durring these friendly get togethers should know how to work AS A TEAM.

When TKC played ]SE[ and only nearly lost and then played [X] and won 5-1 you guys did so as a UN-ORGANIZED groupe of skilled players.

Boyle is a very fine tactition....I have been the {BW} teams "target" in many of the old games last year and in currant practice. He has the SKILLS to whip any group into a fine tuned machine.

He is not only willing to help train everyone to work as a team....he will also provide TEAM VOICE CHAT durring the training.

My personal health does not allow me to help train people dirrectly...but our Brother Col. Boyle has given his hand to do so....as have our other Brothers who are clan leaders and have offered to play "beer" games with us.

Summer is comming and many of you will be out of school for a few months....lets ALL work together to have a year to remember and have some fun in this game.

Read this thread.....

http://bwcolboyle.proboards24.com/index.cgi?board=MT&action=display&num=1078723352

And read or re-read THIS THREAD:

http://www.tkc-community.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=524

TKC Clan Leader,
Z

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

jazznas

• Old Guard
  • Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 12:19:15 pm »
well.... the only team i know is myself :roll:

i cant work very well in a team, but it always worked :P

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 12:48:15 pm »
Quote from: jazznas
well.... the only team i know is myself :roll:

i cant work very well in a team, but it always worked :P

Same here Jazzy....

I have always been a "clan-of-one" in my own game play with an average of 16/1 kill-death ratio.

But it only takes a few (3-6) times training to work as a TEAM to make all the differance.

Just playing together and useing Team Speak or Ventrilio....even tho most of us do not speak the same native language....will make a big differance.

Follis

• Insane Joker
  • I can haz game time?
    • View Profile
    • http://tkc-community.net
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2004, 01:16:24 pm »
When i play, no matter what i always relay information on enemy positions, sniper locations, and if we have a radio man i do suicide runs to find where the enemy is.
Even if the people i am playing with are unorganized and do not listen to my intel i still report it out of habit.
i like setting up support fire tactics where 4 or more of my team go forward two at a time with one man with them while the rest provide Constant covering fire then repeating this to occupy enemy territory, or i play the decoy/ suicide bomber where i run out in the open to expose enemy snipers and soldiers giving my team a chance to fire on them and advance (fun when i do it with nades and blow myself up as well as the enemy to help my team)
When the axe came into the woods, many of the trees said, "At least the handle is one of us."'

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2004, 02:23:01 pm »
Quote from: [TKC]MclassKilla
When i play, no matter what i always relay information on enemy positions, sniper locations, and if we have a radio man i do suicide runs to find where the enemy is.
Even if the people i am playing with are unorganized and do not listen to my intel i still report it out of habit.
i like setting up support fire tactics where 4 or more of my team go forward two at a time with one man with them while the rest provide Constant covering fire then repeating this to occupy enemy territory, or i play the decoy/ suicide bomber where i run out in the open to expose enemy snipers and soldiers giving my team a chance to fire on them and advance (fun when i do it with nades and blow myself up as well as the enemy to help my team)

So you both understand and accept the idea of "takeing point".

See....that is PART of being a team.

My high ratios are in a large part do to allowing others on my team to "act" as pointmen....tho they be unaware of it as part of my "personal" style of game play.

If you guys conntact Boyle he will train you to not just give info to each other but act as a TEAM in groups of 3-4 backing each other up.....each group haveing a "point man" and the others spaced in proper military fashion for both cover and effect.

jazznas

• Old Guard
  • Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2004, 02:51:52 pm »
usally i always do exactly the contary of my teammates, if they attack i defend and vice versa
when they take the left way i take the right etc, simply because they?re just to stupid to see where somone is needet and usally i was the one who took back our flag or shattered an enemy attack

LoL, think of this: the most hated players in Vietcong, the members of TKC
the "not skilled and therefor need cheats kiddies" are doin suicide only to tell the teammates where a sniper is, and they back up their team where its needed never mind the expense

seems like the peeps on GoD can learn much from us... :roll:

Vicious

• Old Guard
  • Master Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2004, 05:46:39 pm »
I shoot the enemy, if they kill me first, I tell my team where I was and how many enemy there are. Or if I get a nice comfy camping spot, and am not able to shoot down all the enemy, I'll tell my team how many+what direction.
Innocence proves nothing

[TKC] ~<{LTC}>~

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2004, 08:00:48 pm »
well any way you'l see me there
southpark:
global warming is going to strike two days before the day after tomorrow

Koopa Troopa

• Old Guard
  • Master Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2004, 09:30:58 pm »
I am a bit stupid, can you say what time the match is, and map and day? I don't know if you already wrote it, but as I told you I am not very smart. :oops:

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2004, 01:29:40 am »
Quote from: Koopa Troopa
I am a bit stupid, can you say what time the match is, and map and day? I don't know if you already wrote it, but as I told you I am not very smart. :oops:

You are not stupid nor are you dumb Koopa.
The reason you do not know the day/time/maps is becuase we have not worked that out yet!

First we need to get 6-7 people together and have them meet up at least one time with Boyle on his locked server for an hour to get some very basic training in TEAM WORK and voice com usage.  Useing VOICE is so much easyer and faster than typeing.

Then Tiny and I will work out the day/time/maps.

For those who do not have FA or like VIC who only has the demo there will be lots of time to download....er I ment BUY or borrow the game.

Koopa Troopa

• Old Guard
  • Master Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2004, 01:37:29 am »
ok, well I can play if i'm not player 8 in our team

[TkC]ballbreaker

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.aljazeera.net/