Author Topic: 04-JAN-07 Official statement on former VC dev Subsky. [Updated]  (Read 2346 times)

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
In order to bring clarity to the recent confusion, we're making an official statement.
Updated Version. This one should be more balanced and to the point.

Official statement on former VC dev Subsky

It turns out that one of our developers, the member of the quarter, Subsky a. k. a. Metro a. k. a. Yksbus, had a hidden agenda. He was working on an anti-cheat system for VC (in secrecy?) while being a member of the TKC development section. When confronted with facts, he confessed. At this point we had no idea of the purpose or progress of the anti-cheat tool, so we let him write about it. It turned out he wanted to use developers as hackers and testers of his anticheat in order to evolve and improve it. Naturally, this is something that would contradict the purpose of our development sections. It's also against the rules. So he got suspended.

We just can't have people working on anti-cheats in our cheat development sections. We also don't encourage anti-cheat systems. That was the only natural solution.

Many people have said that Subsky is an infiltrator, but this is _not_ the case. It's not certain he hid (read: didn't inform ~) his project from the rest of the devs on purpose. He maybe just didn't think about it. There are good reasons to believe this. But there are also valid arguments that point in the opposite direction. For instance it's a fact that he cooperates with an australian clan (one he detested just weeks before) in order to develop the anti-cheat.  Only Subsky definately knows the answer why.

So how's TKC stance towards Subsky? Subsky is an anti-cheater, but _also_ a cheater who has contributed more than most other people around here.

Some pieces of evidence, read it to get an opinion yourselves:
VC Anti Cheat, page 1
VC Anti Cheat, page 2
AntiHack version 1, page 1
AntiHack version 1, page 2
illusion / scibbo
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 02:51:56 pm by Mullah Omar »
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Re: 04-JAN-07 Official statement on former VC dev Subsky. [Updated]
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 09:42:47 pm »
The protection of those persons who add knowledge to privet development sections here at TKC is my main function.
In the upcoming days a few of TKC's former trusted members will no longer be with us as we clean our ranks for the benefit of all of TKC's members and programmers.

Not one person on TKC can say that I have ever asked anything of them...no programs...no hacks...nothing.
Ever.
From anyone.
I live the idea of TKC.
The idea of freedom and thought and coperation for the benefit of it's members.

To submit to the demands of Fascists...of those who would try to controle us...to use us for their wishes outside of our founding concepts...is beyond my personal constitution.
I object to any action that would benefit those who work against what we have gathered to create.

Z
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 01:13:34 am by Mullah Omar »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

[TKC]Anothercheater

• Heckler Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 06:13:58 am »
In the upcoming days a few of TKC's former trusted members will no longer be with us as we clean our ranks for the benefit of all of TKC's members and programmers.
Do I get it right, or is it the right version of interpretation, that your saying, that you are going to leave TKC?

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 03:11:27 pm »
I think he means the people who leaked to Subsky etc. As far as I know most of them are gone now.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 02:25:37 pm by ZOldDude »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 02:37:32 pm »
And it's oh so true! :icon_laugh

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 03:08:51 pm »
And it's oh so true! :icon_laugh

Lyrics:
Your life's a joke
You're just pathetic
You're always broke

Your homemade Star Trek uniform
Really ain't impressing me
You're suffering from delusions of
Adequacy

You're pitiful
You're pitiful
You're pitiful
It's true

Never had a date
That you couldn't inflate
And you smell repulsive too
What a bummer being you

Well you just can't dance
And forget romance
Everybody you know
Still calls you "Fartypants"

But you'll always have a job
Well, I mean
As long as you still can work
That Slurpee machine

You're pitiful
You're pitiful
You're pitiful
It's true

You're half undressed
Eating chips off your chest
While you're playin' Halo 2
Noone's classier than you

La la la la
La la la la
La la la la
Loser

You're pitiful
You're pitiful
You're pitiful
It's true

Your dog would much rather
Play fetch by itself
You still live with your mom
And you're forty two

Guess you'll never grow a clue
Well, it just sucks to be you