Author Topic: Real godmode?  (Read 1064 times)

[TKC]Solid Snake

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Real godmode?
« on: December 25, 2006, 01:23:06 am »
Throughout the months, years maybe, there has been multiple godmode cheats, none of them were perfect though, the closest to godmode was Applsinclair's godmode cheat were you die, but stay alive and can only kill with nades.

Well today I have dug deaper into searching godmode (applesinclairs way), and I have found a godmode cheat that instead of killing with nades, it allows you to kill with guns. Although the respawning still applies...

I have searched the respawn values and found something that freazes your respawn time but not your actuall respawn. Most of you may think this is server sided, but i tried the same thing in my own server and the same thing happens, so there may be hope. If i could...freaze the respawn time I could stay invisable killing with guns after I die, withought respawning.

Then there is the problem with the #138 detection, and I think I could get around that with some of Subsky's
ways of getting around hradba.

I hope that Subsky and [TKC]Applesinclair could help me in making the perfect godmode cheat.

Marecek

• Klass Klown
  • MuHaHa :)
    • View Profile
Re: Real godmode?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 01:41:47 am »
I found it too but after my Vc crashed  :?

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 02:15:46 am »
You can kill with nades AND boobytraps/claymores....use along with the booby trap mod!

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Subsky

• Insane Joker
  • Subskii
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 05:53:18 am »
Smity did this a while ago- he found a different set of health values that allowed him to shoot people, as well as throw grenades- even when he was dead.

True god-mode (by simply freezing health values) is not possible, if you're not running the server.  It just can't be done.  Proof?  Look at my teleportThemPlz hack- I can kill anyone; anywhere... as soon as that packet gets sent to the server, you're as good as dead- because there is no server-side checking for the validity of the kill (eg. shot through wall etc).  It blindly kills who-ever based on what some other computer said; and you have no control in-between.

If you're determined- try finding the count down timer in the game; and stop it from respawning you.  See if you have any interesting side effects, but other than that, really; searching for god-mode is really a dead end.  The server controls the health state, not you.

Subsky

MonkeyAll3n

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 05:58:40 am »
Subsky is right, I think the closest thing we have to godmode atm is Subskys Player Displacer. Good work on the gun thing tho SolidSnake.

g-spot

• Klass Klown
  • g-sPot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 07:19:35 pm »
I can confirm, Marecek found something similar to this. It was nearly the same as the 'grenadeghost' thing, but instead of only nades - you were also able to kill with guns.

I do think there are many more possibilities. New 'partly' godmodes could be discovered.
Like the one mentioned above, it's possible, but not really done properly yet as far as I know.

I also remember accidentally occurring a partly 'godmode'.
I do not have any proof of myself finding this and I have never found it again, so you don't have to believe me. ;)

I was messing around in a vc-dedicated server with my friend. I decided to just nop out some random stuff and see what would happen: after I nopped a whole shitload of things: nothing it seemed.
When we started fooling around and shooting each other we noticed something weird.
I kept on killing him and he was asking: "Why you don't die?"
Well, I answered: "Because you don't shoot!"
So we checked out. I told him to stand in front of me, aim at my head and just shoot until I would die.
He was in front of me, but all he did was reloading, I didn't see any shooting at all.
But he really was shooting me! I was like 'yay' this is cool and I told him to switch back to normal gun.
Unfortunately, he just killed me with it, same with knife, and all other guns.
However: he wasn't able to kill me with his handgun. He could shoot me in the head until he ran out of bullets, but I didn't lose even the smallest bit of health.
My conclusion was there was something wrong with his weap.txt and he screwed up the handguns. To make sure he left the game, deleted his edited weaptxt.CBF file he was using and rejoined.
And still, he wasn't able to kill me with his handgun! :D

Well, I tried writing down all the things I nopped out, but no effect. :(
Still don't know why; hope you like my story though! :D

I might give it another shot if I find myself being bored.
But I don't really know if it's worth the effort.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 03:46:24 am »
but instead of only nades - you were also able to kill with guns.
I have seen one person in the past 4-5 weeks in the Stream Public server who was on the ground dead...he never respawned but when people ran in front of his M16 he killed them with it (you could also see it fire).

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Marecek

• Klass Klown
  • MuHaHa :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 12:55:28 pm »
I have seen one person in the past 4-5 weeks in the Stream Public server who was on the ground dead...he never respawned but when people ran in front of his M16 he killed them with it (you could also see it fire).
nice...
I foudn again something similar(when I was dead I can kill everybody with gun)
but
It work only with Tsearch and working bad,when I put pokes into trainer,it doesnt work,only crashing your vc :(

g-spot

• Klass Klown
  • g-sPot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 02:49:57 pm »
nice...
I foudn again something similar(when I was dead I can kill everybody with gun)
but
It work only with Tsearch and working bad,when I put pokes into trainer,it doesnt work,only crashing your vc :(

Let's take a look at it man. ;)